If you're wondering what happened to a missing post or thread, and you've searched using the flashing "SEARCH" button to the right, here's some info that may help....
While the NICO Administration tries very hard to avoid censoring or removing posts, posts or threads can be removed for any number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
1) Linking to a forum that competes with NICO, solely for the purpose of promoting that site. While this may seem silly, NICO exists due to the enormous flow of traffic that enters the site. Without this, the resource would cease to exist.
2) Posting something inappropriate. In the interests of professionalism, we ask that anything posted on NICO be "PG-13" in nature. There are other sites where "anything goes" and, while we try to avoid censoring content, NICO is not one of them.
3) Flaming, bashing or trolling. A good rule of thumb here is, "if you don't have anything nice / constructive to say, don't say anything." NICO prides itself on being a safe place for all people (newbies and veterans) to learn and share a common interest. With that said, we DO engage in good-natured ribbing - Try not to take things too seriously, and remember: It's only the Internet.
4) Commercial posting. We all hate spam, and spamming our members is a good way to be removed from NICO. Further, if you are a business and you have a product that might be of interest to our members, feel free to contact us. We can't allow commercial posting for non-paying advertisers, but we're very flexible and can design a package that accommodates most business budgets. Here's some more info on advertising on NICO: Advertise on NICOclub
5) Political and religious discussions. We've learned from experience that these sorts of threads lead to division and dissent in our family, and we'd prefer to remain cohesive and united in our enthusiasm for cars. We have a Politics subforum
, but we ask that you keep political discussions confined to that forum.
6) Starting a new topic in place of one that you *think* might have been removed by a Moderator for one of the aforementioned reasons is simply bad "netiquette" and will be dealt with appropriately. Same goes for locked threads.
Other than that, we're a pretty fun place to spend some time, so come in, soak up some automotive knowledge, have a fun off-topic chat, contribute if you wish, and enjoy being part of the NICO Family - we're glad you're here.