What did you buy for your EX, this week?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Scooby-Doo
Car: EX35 w/ Navigation and Technology Package, Tide Water w/ stone interior

waichai wrote:
XIS wrote:It is for the EX. The photo is an EX25.
It is bigger/longer and cheaper than the normal oem one that is shorter, more narrow and more money!
That's why I finally broke down and got one.
Could you please pm me a link where to get it? I couldn't find the bigger one anywhere.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-BUMPER-PLA ... f0&vxp=mtr

waichai

XIS and Scooby, thank you so much for your quick replies.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

Got my bumper protector already and installed it. Looks nice. Even bigger than I thought it was. Almost covers the entire bumper.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

XIS wrote:Got my bumper protector already and installed it. Looks nice. Even bigger than I thought it was. Almost covers the entire bumper.
:worthless:

;)

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

You are correct. I failed!

Here you go...

AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

These:

Mitshimoto silicon tube. :poke:

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

:confused:

what do the tubes add?

bigbenex35
Car: Ex35

Pardito007
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

2013 Navigation Map Update.

NJGuy

4 tires.

TimGinCentralNJ
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX Journey AWD

NJGuy wrote:
However, I did get some window tint installed last week. Front doors 50%, rear doors 38%, rear lift gate 20%. I had it done more for the functional benefits more so than appearance. My reasons were:
1. Protect the occupants, especially the kids, from UV rays and heavy sun glare. Summer is on the way and I absolutely did not want to use the suction cup or roller shades that fall off the window, or the temporary stick on film that looks tacky and doesn't cover the entire window.
2. Conceal the contents in the cargo area. While we typically don't store pricey items back there, my wife was always interested in getting a cargo cover. But I could actually get the whole car tinted for a couple bucks more than the cost of the cargo cover itself. The tint fulfills that purpose, and has additional benefits as well.
3. Heat rejection. Again, I wanted to give my wife and kids a little bit of extra comfort, especially in the mid-day during summer.

I'd love to share some pics, but this month is going to be crazy busy for me.
NJGuy-

Realize this post dates back a few months, but would appreciate recommendations on a tint shop. Also, have you run across any issues with the police re: your front window tint? I've had bad luck with it in the past. For as many NJ cars/trucks which seem to have tint on the front windows--often deep tint--every time I've bought a used car which had ANY tint, I've gotten pulled over and told to remove it. And I'm not a "conspicuous" driver either.

Got any pics you can share?
Thanks!
Tim

NJGuy

TimGinCentralNJ wrote:
NJGuy-

Realize this post dates back a few months, but would appreciate recommendations on a tint shop. Also, have you run across any issues with the police re: your front window tint? I've had bad luck with it in the past. For as many NJ cars/trucks which seem to have tint on the front windows--often deep tint--every time I've bought a used car which had ANY tint, I've gotten pulled over and told to remove it. And I'm not a "conspicuous" driver either.

Got any pics you can share?
Thanks!
Tim
Tim,

1. I've only had 2 vehicles tinted, so I don't have much personal experience with tint shops within the state. I've only gone to a place called Sound Waves in Parsippany, and have been pretty satisfied with their work for tint and automotive electronics. If you're looking for value, I don't think they may be the best place for tint. There are probably cheaper places out there, as I think I paid around $250 or so. I'm sure that they use Viper tint, which I understand is not considered a superior product by those in the industry. However, I got my car tinted there because they offer a lifetime warranty on the tint (I'm sure other places do as well), and I've been happy with their work in the past. The place also seems to have a good reputation, as they do lots of work on high end luxury cars. I believe a luxury car dealership (Porsche/Bentley/Audi/Land Rover) in town goes to them for their customers' window tinting requests.

When I got the EX tinted, I was in and out within 2 hours. I think that because I made an appointment, it might have helped to minimize my wait. They also said that their tint guy comes in almost every day they're open, while in the past he used to come in maybe 2 days a week. I'm not sure if this is the case with other tint places. If you're real busy during the week, I think they also do tinting on Saturdays; however, I'd be sure to book an appointment in advance if you want a Saturday installation .

If you're not willing to drive that far up there, I'd start looking for car detailing or customization shops maybe somewhere in Somerset County, or perhaps eastern PA; I'm sure they're a bit closer to where you live. But I have no experience with any of those shops, so I can't offer any recommendation.

2. So far (knock on wood) I have not experienced any issues with local law enforcement in regards to the tint on the front windows. It helps that I didn't go too dark up front, and that the interior of our EX is wheat colored. I guess this also depends on how "busy" or curious the LEO's are in your area. Do you think if you got one of those personalized plates that say you support the police, then maybe they wouldn't bother you in a tinted car? :) . Oh, and if it was your 7-Series BMW that was tinted and I saw you on the road, then I myself might mistake you for a drug dealer :chuckle: .

I'm more worried about getting pulled over and ticketed for the tint if I'm the one driving the car. Conversely, I'm not as worried if my wife is driving because unlike me, she's both pretty and a smooth talker :gapteeth: . She's only gotten warnings in the 3 times she's been pulled over for speeding (again, knock on wood). A lot of her driving is done on the interstates, so I'm not too worried about the NJSP pulling her over for the tint. In my experience they usually go after the most blatant offenders.

My wife did question the legality of the front window tint at first since they looked a bit dark; the initial haze on the windows after installation took a few days to go away. Once the adhesive fully cured, the windows became much clearer and easier to see through from outside. If you want the front windows to appear even lighter, you can open the moonroof shade. As you probably know, I wouldn't recommend going any darker than 50% on the front.

3. When I get the chance I'll take a few more pictures and post them up. I really haven't had the opportunity because a) my wife uses the car 95% of the time; and b) she parks in the garage, which doesn't really allow for good picture taking. There are quite a few threads here with photos of EX's in various states of tint so I'd say to look those pictures in the meantime while waiting for mine to get posted.

NJGuy

TimGinCentralNJ wrote: Got any pics you can share?
Thanks!
Tim
Photos are here: my-obligatory-window-tint-photo-thread-t577705.html

NJGuy

Bought my EX an exterior wash by hand and an interior vacuum service at the car wash during lunch today.

Remnants of the kids snacks had started to accumulate in the back seats, and my wife hasn't exactly been on top of keeping their seating areas clean :eek: :) .

NJGuy

Also picked up a Permatex windshield repair kit. It seemed to work well on one of the small cracks in my windshield, so I think I'll pick up another kit for a second crack in the glass.

meanie
Car: G37, EX35

Installed, finally, my R2C cold air intake today. It was left over (rescued) from my G37 before the salvage company took it. Thought I'd wait until it was time to change the air filters, which at 35 k now, seemed overdue. Yikes! What a difference!

mikey1951
Car: 2008 EX 35

Bumper guard & hood protector (PIA) installed - by some miracle I got the hood protector on straight.

mikey1951
Car: 2008 EX 35

Red Devil decal around rear logo badge.....he,he,he!!!

NJGuy

Picked up a few items last week...

Nissan Matic S ATF
Nissan Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant
Nissan/Infiniti OEM Serpentine Belt
SuperTech Semi-Syn 75W-90 Gear Lube
Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF
Permatex Ultra Grey RTV
Permatex windshield repair kit

I was hoping to actually use some of this stuff on Labor Day weekend, but other events got in the way :squint: .

AWGD8

I bought her this....

ex35-performance-tuning-t576250.html

Uprev Tuner version (Used for $400 regular $700) Seymore4 known member in G37 and Titan forum is helping me tune the car using the E-tuning capabilities of the Uprev sofware. He is in the NW coast and I am in the Midwest. I ran some driving logs and email it to him. Then he does the tweaking for A/F ratio etc and send the file back for me to flash into the ECU.

Basically, I use the on Ramp as my dyno or 0-60. (Which only takes low 6 secs and 2nd gear. What I do is stop the car in the begining of the ramp , right on the shoulder and wait till the traffic is clear. I normally hit 60 MPH 3/4 of the ramp length and slows down by the time I enter the freeway. So pretty safe. Then I also log the normal city/hwy cruise. Less than 10 minutes.

With the Uprev cable(Tuner version) I could turn off any engine codes. Even with my aftermarket rims/tires that do not have the tire pressure sensor. I could turn that annoying light off. :naughty:

So far , my tuner said , we are still in the early stage of tuning. Right now, he only did 2 Etunes. He said it could take 5 to 6 + tuning to get it close to optimized the tune. This is the disadvantages of not going for a real AWD dyno.
But that will cost $225+ in the dyno vs $100 for unlimited E-tunes. If you do not have access to an AWD dyno and your car is AWD, E-tunes is cheaper vs using a 2wheel dyno. It is basically the same thing.

Car is smoother now, and has a little bit of pickup. I still want to have just a bit more responsiveness. I think my tuner is just working on the A/f ratio for now.

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

Akebono Proact Ceramic brake pads for front and rear. ACT888 and ACT905. So far, very very pleased.

mikedooray
Car: 2012 EX 35

Just picked up a pair Takeda Stage 2 Pro Dry S cold air intakes, also 8k HID headlights along with 4k yellow fog lights and just installed Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

"Takeda Stage 2 Pro Dry S cold air intake"

now THAT sounds like much more fun than brakes!

mk15
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD Journey
Obsidian black with black interior

I technically didn't buy it this week, but I finally got everything in the mail from the states.
- oem all-season mats and cargo mat (they're kinda meh, I should had gotten weathertech or husky liners)
- tonneau cover (can you believe the local dealer wanted $1500 for it?)
- generic black plastic bumper guard (something that's meant to be scratched and damaged shouldn't be so nice looking like the oem one, haha)
- oem splash guards (they're actually functional! unlike the ones on the Mazda)
- illuminated step/skid plate (so rice, so nice)

Next up! uh.. new wheels and BBK?

bigbenex35
Car: Ex35

mikedooray wrote:Just picked up a pair Takeda Stage 2 Pro Dry S cold air intakes, also 8k HID headlights along with 4k yellow fog lights and just installed Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
pics of your EX with the lowering springs?

AWGD8

Personalized plate - WI Salutes Veterans. ;)

AWGD8

Got this link from the G37 forum vendor.

http://tunerzstore.com/index.php?p=1_70#gtspec

I finally bought a Cusco strut tower bar. You cannot beat the price here!

The G specs tower brace only sells for $162 plus shipping. I bought a Cusco and paid 3-7 days shipping, the guy sent it via 2 day air same shipping!

Tell him you are a G37 member.

AWGD8

NJGuy

Got my EX an oil change at the dealership and a Kirkland battery yesterday.

box_of_lego
Car: EX35

I got an Oil change on the return trip home I got a stone in the Rear passenger window, so I now have a new window and tint film !

:rolleyes:

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”