What Broadfield Has Been Up To......

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

OM3GA wrote:I don't know what to say about your thoughts of an LS.
Nothing has to be said... it looks as though I'm leaning towards an LS3 though. Cam, long tube headers and a tune and I'm at 500whp.

Razi
Car: Moo

Insta-torque!

Maybe you should swap in an S14 subframe so you get more traction off the line. :D

Broadfield

Razi wrote:Insta-torque!

Maybe you should swap in an S14 subframe so you get more traction off the line. :D
LOL, yeah it will be interesting to see how my 285's do. Keep in mind though, I think I may get better traction in some instances. Because with the 400whp turbo setup, when the turbo hits all of the sudden, it's an instant shock to the drivetrain and the tires break loose at even high speeds. The V8 will be much more linear and more of a gradual increase in power.

Razi

Yeah that's true, with a lot of high boost setups the boost drops down like a hammer and that could unsettle the tires.
The V8 still won't be nice to your tires though. :gapteeth: They make gobs of torque at the low end!

I think the only downside of the V8 would be the extra heat, I know for OutToWinPAHC, his larger radiator wasn't enough and had to attach an oil cooler, but that's just more bling to add. :P

When is the Aero bumper going on?

LeD ippen
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE

Broadfield wrote:
LeD ippen wrote:Just wondering. What are your alignment Specs? I m trying to fit 18x10 +22 all around on stock body. Just trying to roll and pull. Also Does your Front Strut bar hit the hood because i have the same one for my rb and it hits/rubs near the top point.
The fronts are -3.25 and the rears are -2.5ish.

I barely tapped the underside skeleton of the hood with a soft head hammer in the spot where it would hit. It was BARELY touching.

Wow That is a lot of camber up front even with wider fenders. You have any oversteer or anything outta the ordinary, except the tire wear? I had -3 up front and -1 in the back and I was drifting the last half of the autocross run i did last. Had to change to like -1.5 to stop the oversteer.

420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

Anyone have pics of said aero toby is wanting to get so I can paint the picture?

420sxWETDREAMS

Hey toby can you give me a little info on how you did your fender roll so perfect?

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Anyone have pics of said aero toby is wanting to get so I can paint the picture?
My boy Brendan has it on his coupe... OEM K's Silvia aero bumper, Silvia skirts and Silvia rear valences. Very, very subtle aero. If you didn't know, you wouldn't even know it had skirts or rear valences. Now that I finally have the bumper, I just need to source the skirts and valances.

http://www.sillbeer.com/

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Hey toby can you give me a little info on how you did your fender roll so perfect?
I used a roller to flatten the lip all the way against the quarter on the inside. Then I used the same roller to actually stretch/pull the metal out. Basically you do a little at a time. Just keep going back and forth as you apply pressure against the inside of the quarter to pull the metal out. I had my good friend Kyle use a heat gun and a infrared temp gun to keep the metal/paint around 150 degrees as I was doing it.

This was me flattening the lip first:

Then a finished shot after pulling it:

Keep in mind, I got the troublesome crease in the quarter panel above the arch. You can't see it in the pic, but it's very common to get this crease on the coupes and hatches. It's doesn't seem to happen on the verts and S14's. I knew this may happen, so I was prepared for the fact that I may have to do some body work and have the car repainted. And since the rear of the car was repainted, I had them make sure the pull was absolutely perfect before paint.

Finished results:

angelscrx

I bought the Modified Mag today and you car looks great as well as Damon's. I have been waiting for this issue since I heard your car was in it.

420sxWETDREAMS

Broadfield wrote:
420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Anyone have pics of said aero toby is wanting to get so I can paint the picture?
My boy Brendan has it on his coupe... OEM K's Silvia aero bumper, Silvia skirts and Silvia rear valences. Very, very subtle aero. If you didn't know, you wouldn't even know it had skirts or rear valences. Now that I finally have the bumper, I just need to source the skirts and valances.

http://www.sillbeer.com/

beautiful and simple. Very nice, good choice.

420sxWETDREAMS

Broadfield wrote:
420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Hey toby can you give me a little info on how you did your fender roll so perfect?
I used a roller to flatten the lip all the way against the quarter on the inside. Then I used the same roller to actually stretch/pull the metal out. Basically you do a little at a time. Just keep going back and forth as you apply pressure against the inside of the quarter to pull the metal out. I had my good friend Kyle use a heat gun and a infrared temp gun to keep the metal/paint around 150 degrees as I was doing it.

This was me flattening the lip first:

Then a finished shot after pulling it:

Keep in mind, I got the troublesome crease in the quarter panel above the arch. You can't see it in the pic, but it's very common to get this crease on the coupes and hatches. It's doesn't seem to happen on the verts and S14's. I knew this may happen, so I was prepared for the fact that I may have to do some body work and have the car repainted. And since the rear of the car was repainted, I had them make sure the pull was absolutely perfect before paint.

Finished results:

Thanks for the play by play plus pics! You are one on here that is helpful and you use pics to insure people understand what you are trying to explain, thanks!

S13AL
Car: 1991 240sx hatch with blacktop s13 sr20det, HKS Hipermax III suspension, HKS Sport exhaust, Blitz downpipe, S15 Sylvia HLSD, 300zx/J30 5 lug and brakes, and mesh wheels

Razi wrote: I think the only downside of the V8 would be the extra heat
Weight? I've read that the LS is quite a brick of an engine.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

S13AL wrote:Weight? I've read that the LS is quite a brick of an engine.
im prety sure the LS series weight near what the KA weight maybe a few more pounds....

Ka24de weight 375(ish)lbs
LS3 Crate engine(with packing, not including crate) 415lbs

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

Wait, You already have an aero bumper? Where did you source it from? I seriously have only seen 2 for sale and both were over $800. Also Where or how did you do your valve cover?

Broadfield

s13beast wrote:Wait, You already have an aero bumper? Where did you source it from? I seriously have only seen 2 for sale and both were over $800. Also Where or how did you do your valve cover?
Yeah, a guy from Zilvia sold it to me last week. He heard via my blog that I had been looking for one. He contacted me the day before he was going to post if for sale to give me first dibs! So I took it of course.

As for the valve cover, what are you talking about... the polished finish?

Broadfield

Pics of the aero bumper that I received on Thursday. I must say, it's one of the best condition ones that I have seen go up for sale. The kicker is that it's also the cheapest that I have ever seen for sale... and in the last 3-4 years that I have been looking, I have seen about 20 or so. I also have the Silvia skirts and rear valances sourced... just waiting on a shipping quote.

paul_walz
Car: 1990 240sx coupe

Can't wait until you start the work on the ls3 man you car is awesome. I was stoked to see it in modified mag this month.

laxands13
Car: 93 240sx Hatchback - Sold and missed
80 280zx - sold
83 Honda Civic Wagon - Current DD, soon to be CA16 powered

Dude your gonna make that aero look so good. Are you just repainting the bumpers/skirts of are you gonna repaint? i know this originally started with painting the engine bay haha

Broadfield

laxands13 wrote:Dude your gonna make that aero look so good. Are you just repainting the bumpers/skirts of are you gonna repaint? i know this originally started with painting the engine bay haha
Just painting the new goods. The entire car has been repainted within the last 1-1/2 years... so no need to do any blending or anything of the sort.

Razi

Yaaaaay!
I hope the pictures come soon! :D

RJ757
Car: 1993 240sx

Man your s13 has always been a inspiration and your work is crazy goodluck with the aero and ls

Kalypso

submit to vertex broadfield.... its only a matter of time LOLOL

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

Darn you for posting that kalypso...Now i have to buy it.

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

sick! what coilovers/wheel size are u running?

Broadfield

Kalypso wrote:submit to vertex broadfield.... its only a matter of time LOLOL
I really hope you are joking? You do realize I'm almost 37 years old!?! Us old guys tend to go with things a little more subtle ;)

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

exactly, OEM aero is PERFECT!!! Aero bumper, OE skirts and rear valences on that car would be amazing, second only (in my opinion) to an Instant Gentleman kit.....just one problem, its fiberglass...

Kalypso

s13beast wrote:Darn you for posting that kalypso...Now i have to buy it.
you must,

get a cheap one from chaser aero... and throw on any, 18 x 9 +12 and 18 x 10 +15 wheels you can find. 17's are good also. ( or 18/17................. )

Broadfield wrote:
I really hope you are joking? You do realize I'm almost 37 years old!?! Us old guys tend to go with things a little more subtle ;)
First look here...

then look at these

SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF VERTEX

LOL

MyNISMO314
Car: 91 SE Coupe w/red top sr20det(currently for sale)

^^^^^NO! all you need is some oem Silvia sides and a pig lip on the bumper you already have...its a subtle look you speak of Toby, well in my opinion at least or do a supermade ultimate gentlemen kit

Broadfield

MyNISMO314 wrote:^^^^^NO! all you need is some oem Silvia sides and a pig lip on the bumper you already have...its a subtle look you speak of Toby, well in my opinion at least or do a supermade ultimate gentlemen kit
Dude, you need to read one page back! ;)

Return to “240sx General Discussion”