What Broadfield Has Been Up To......

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Razi wrote:Stick with your S15 SR!
A properly done and nice looking one like yours is so rare to see, V8 swaps are everywhere now.
Rare indeed, but I have never seen a V8 swap done to my standards... so even more rare ;)

pj
Car: 95 s14

just picked up the new modified magazine, the homegrown piece was good. great photos of your car.

Frank E Bones
Car: Slower than it looks

Broadfield wrote:V8 LS swap... Broadfield style :yesnod

Post your thoughts then I'll post my very good reasons of why I'm going to pursue it.
Who could argue with lighter, stronger and more torque. Like you said, of course its been done, but not with the Broadfield touch ;)

I absolutely cant wait for this :dblthumb:

Razi
Car: Moo

Broadfield wrote:Rare indeed, but I have never seen a V8 swap done to my standards... so even more rare ;)
:(

Anyways, congrats on getting in the magazine and Speedhunters!
Two great S13s!

In case anyone missed it:
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/12 ... nuary.aspx

Brandon1605
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx (S13)

Awww, I was just about to post that link myself. Congrats fellas, you certainly deserve it as your cars are probably the two nicest home built rides and my personal favorites on the forums. You are an inspiration to everyone here I would imagine.

lilRillo
Car: S14 Kouki SR20

Sick car man, u have my dream rims hahah just curious how much the ran u...i plan on going 17's tho!

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Congrats, guys.

SolaraOnBronze
Car: 1993 240sx SR20DET

Thanks for the congrats guys! Toby's car is the real deal IRL... soooo much cleaner than mine. Can't wait to see what's in store for it bud!

homeslicej2
Car: 1990 S13 SR'd hatch

I love the SR (I have a redtop) but I would love to see a built NA or supercharged LS to your level of clean. I just picked it up today so congrats to you and Damon on the Modified feature :)

420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

"Truth be Told" I love both your rides and I want my ride to your level and standards gents....Congrats!

S13AL
Car: 1991 240sx hatch with blacktop s13 sr20det, HKS Hipermax III suspension, HKS Sport exhaust, Blitz downpipe, S15 Sylvia HLSD, 300zx/J30 5 lug and brakes, and mesh wheels

Broadfield wrote: V8 LS swap...
:cry:

Broadfield

Why would you be sad?

LeD ippen
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE

Just wondering. What are your alignment Specs? I m trying to fit 18x10 +22 all around on stock body. Just trying to roll and pull. Also Does your Front Strut bar hit the hood because i have the same one for my rb and it hits/rubs near the top point.

S13AL
Car: 1991 240sx hatch with blacktop s13 sr20det, HKS Hipermax III suspension, HKS Sport exhaust, Blitz downpipe, S15 Sylvia HLSD, 300zx/J30 5 lug and brakes, and mesh wheels

Some people just don't like the thought of putting a chevrolet engine in a nissan. Personally it makes me sick.
The K's aero however would be bad a**. When i was looking at your car in the modified I thought,"This would be perfect with K's aero". I just wish you would keep the SR.

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

Ive always thought yout car really needs the oem silvia aero bumper.

Broadfield

S13AL wrote:Some people just don't like the thought of putting a chevrolet engine in a nissan. Personally it makes me sick.
The K's aero however would be bad a**. When i was looking at your car in the modified I thought,"This would be perfect with K's aero". I just wish you would keep the SR.
I've had the SR for over 4 years now... it's time for something different. I get some people saying that the V8 isn't something they would do... they would do the SR. Well, that's because they still have a KA and would love the SR... I don't disagree. However, I DO have the SR and have had it for some time now... time to change it up. Simple as that. I'm a true gear head and have to be building or changing something, on a fairly grand scale, every year or so.

S13AL

RB26?

Broadfield

S13AL wrote:RB26?
Yeah, I definitely gave it thought, but I like to go against the grain more than simply dropping another Nissan motor in there. I blame my father from when I was young... he had built more than a dozen street rods and muscle cars with anything and everything under the hood back in his day.

Broadfield

LeD ippen wrote:Just wondering. What are your alignment Specs? I m trying to fit 18x10 +22 all around on stock body. Just trying to roll and pull. Also Does your Front Strut bar hit the hood because i have the same one for my rb and it hits/rubs near the top point.
The fronts are -3.25 and the rears are -2.5ish.

I barely tapped the underside skeleton of the hood with a soft head hammer in the spot where it would hit. It was BARELY touching.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

Toby,

Ive admired your car from afar for quite some time now, your worksmanship and attention to detail are far beyond what ive seen at every level of building. If the judges would give it the time of day (though they wouldnt as it is not a "street rod") you car could easily win the Riddler, in my opinion, all while being a daily driver. I feel as though it is my duty to inform you however, that if you procede with the afore mentioned engine transplant, the security of your car would be at risk, as i myself (im very sure others would do the same) would feel obligated to steal your beautiful car and make gratitutious amounts of love to whatever orifice i could muster myself into. With all respect.

Ashibah83

p.s. DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

............is it done yet???

420sxWETDREAMS

Hey Toby I got dibs on your motor!!!!! While I drive up to pick it up I might as well have you do my hud and gages

420sxWETDREAMS

Hey Toby I got dibs on your motor!!!!! While I drive up to pick it up I might as well have you do my hud and gages. :yesnod ......But seriosly I got dibs. What am I looking at to get it off your hands. Pm me if you dont want to broadcast it.

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Hey Toby I got dibs on your motor!!!!! While I drive up to pick it up I might as well have you do my hud and gages
Christ, you better be bringing a lot of loot ;)

Wait, are you really interested? :confused: ?

Edit: You slid that in there right as I was posting... I guess you are interested.
Last edited by Broadfield on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

420sxWETDREAMS

In the motor sure but what is alot? ball park?

420sxWETDREAMS

gages j/k for now I know what you spend for it and I know what they cost. engine for sure.

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:In the motor sure but what is alot? ball park?
Well, I'm going to try and sell everything as a complete package first. Which if the person buying it doesn't already have an SR, then it would be a fairly good deal since they would have to buy a lot of parts to do the swap anyway. So when I say package, I mean pretty much everything from the aluminum drive shaft all the way up to the front mount and everything in between. All of the AN lines, breather box, FMIC, piping, turbo, manifold, wastegate, Power FC, driveshaft and so on. It won't even have to be tuned. Drop it all in and you have 400whp and a bay that looks like mine.

420sxWETDREAMS

that was my intention considering I have all ka stock ans would prefer the "plug and play scenario". I know it might be steep so if you prepare me now I can faint wake up in 15 minutes and start acquiring the money. i'm getting a good amount for taxes but based on your work I might need more lol.

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:that was my intention considering I have all ka stock ans would prefer the "plug and play scenario". I know it might be steep so if you prepare me now I can faint wake up in 15 minutes and start acquiring the money. i'm getting a good amount for taxes but based on your work I might need more lol.
Yeah, I need to sit down and figure out what the going rate is on everything. That will take a little time. It will probably be a little scary considering the quality of parts in it. Not even counting the S15 motor/trans in a stock form, I have over $10,000 in parts that would be included in the package. So I need to write every single part down, come up with an itemized price list and then knock off a certain % for a package deal. Give me a day or two and I'll come up with something. I'll have to do some research and figure out what a fair, used market value is on the stuff.

You can check here...

http://broadfield.wordpress.com/my-mod-list/

... to get an idea of everything that's going to be in the package: virtually everything under "Engine Mods", everything under "Drivetrain" except for the diff and then the engine management. The only thing you will need is an engine harness. Which you can get from Wiring Specialties fairly cheap. Mine is completely tucked and way too modified with all of my gauge sensor wiring incorporated into it etc. So you would simply want to just get another one. And I can maybe work something out where I flip the bill for it.

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

I don't know what to say about your thoughts of an LS.

costa_rican13
Car: 1993 s13 coupe

i would like what ever is "Free" :) lol and possibly your oil filter relocator!!! :mike

Return to “240sx General Discussion”