Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
tmc
Car: EX35

Hello, anyone out there? I am a Porsche addict (as in 14 past ones and one current one). Bur Pcars are not practical. I needed an everyday car. Looked and looked. I'm used to high performance, responsive steering, the whole nine yards. A4 Avant--nice. Q5 ditto, but silly pricey. MBs-- snore. Same for Lexus. Drove an 08 EX35 and, bam!, this was it!

Ciao from Atlanta,

Tom

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub TMC! Glad to have you as a new member of the EX35 Forum, enjoy your EX35!

vanstak
Car: 2010 EX35 in Blue Onyx with Nav, Premium and Journey packages

Hello from Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Just got my 2010 EX35 yesterday and am loving it. What a great ride! Really looking forward to some road trips to test this baby out. Going to have to spend some time with the manual and learn all the bells and whistles in the Nav package and the audio system.

Cheers,
Steve

Timmbo

Greetings from the staff here at NICOclub! I am the moderator here in the EX35 Forum, and I am glad to have you as a new member. Be sure to post any questions you have about your new EX35, we are all here to help.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

sufan
Car: 2010 EX35 AWD Journey

Just picked up an EX35 AWD Journey. Very nice so far. I purchased the car in a city two hours away as I did not like the local dealer at all. Hopefully service won't be a problem.

Have owned Jeeps all my life and down sized to a Mazda 3 when the gas prices went up a couple of years ago. It was a nice little car, good value for its class and really sporty but was horrible in the snow. Hopefully the EX35 will do both very well.

The EX35 is a pleasure to drive and the technology blows away everything else in its class. Glad I found this forum - have never really been into cars like I am with my first Infiniti.

mikemax99
Car: 2010 ex35 journey Aspen white
2011 STI black obsidian

Hi, i've got my EX since january and take a look at this forum often but never take the time to register, so now it's done. I've ride nissan since 2001(99 max 5spd, 02 specV, 04max 6spd, 92 240sx) but it's my first Infiniti. I'm very happy with my car and have lots of fun in the snow this winter!!

Rosano
Car: 2010 EX35

Hello from Montreal....picking up my EX35 tomorrow. Dark Currant with Chestnut interior..Premium and Journey package....can you spell ecited ...

Rosano
Car: 2010 EX35

obviously...i can't lol

RedwinGV
Car: 10 EX35 AWD Journey
08 Acura MDX

Congrats.
We were looking at that but the wife said it was too dark. That is a rich combo. I also love that chestnut. I wish that interior came with more ext color options. Waiting for ours until June.

Timmbo

Rosano wrote:Hello from Montreal....picking up my EX35 tomorrow. Dark Currant with Chestnut interior..Premium and Journey package....can you spell ecited ...

Welcome to the EX35 Forum, glad to have you here! When congrats on the new purchase of a very elegant color combo! When you get a chance, post up your purchase details in the "Price Paid" thread here in the EX35 Forum!

mikemax99
Car: 2010 ex35 journey Aspen white
2011 STI black obsidian

Rosano wrote:Hello from Montreal....picking up my EX35 tomorrow. Dark Currant with Chestnut interior..Premium and Journey package....can you spell ecited ...
do you mean: Icite!!?? That means :here.

mike

Irukandji
Car: 2001 Lexus RX300

I'm in a holding pattern of debating Volvo c30 vs. used ex35 Journey AWD. Trying to stay around $30K. Love the functionality of the EX, love the style and mileage of the c30. SAHM with kid, and I want to stay jobless, so price matters. Both are comfy and safe. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

risdonc
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 with Navi and Bose

Here is how it went.

After a happy 4 year relationship with a 2003 BMW 325 Touring, I traded in for a 2008 328 xiT- base model. Loved my first BMW - never bonded with my second. I love a hatchback and a car that rewards the driver - so became very interested in the EX.

I contacted a fabulous broker who a) got a great price for my BMW wagon and b) found a 2008 EX in the US that was also a great deal. By importing that car into Canada and leasing it privately, I can drive it without worrying about mileage limits or wear and tear. At the end of the lease, I have a great residual which will give me another 6-8K to put against my next car. The best part was last Friday - broker arrived at my house, I signed papers, we swapped keys - and voila. I now have a (new to me) EX.

Bonding is going very well. A few observations.

OLD BMW - very tight to drive - road feel was signature BMW. There really is nothing like it. I also had a manual transmission - so felt very much in control of the driving experience. However, the leatherette/manually adjusted seats were quite uncomfortable. The car was very low - hard enough for me to get in and out, let alone relatives and friends who are less spry. Sound system quite mediocre. No navigation/ Great seat warmer. Climate control never seemed quite right. Small cargo opening. Tiny back seat.

NEW EX35. Not as tight to the road - but overall more enjoyable driving experience. Love being up a bit higher - great visibility. Very comfortable seats, driving position. This is my first automatic - so driving less intense but I am finding it also more relaxing. Its a responsive engine - great darting capacity, when that is required. Love the sound system - and navigation. Controls very intuitive. I like the hatch - easy to open, reasonable space for most things. More functional than my wagon. Since I don't have kids or dogs, the back seat room isn't an issue. WIsh the seat warmers were a little hotter.

I also like driving a car that is a bit more distinctive. I work in a hospital - there are TONS of BMWs in the parking lot. Haven't yet seen another EX.

TheArtMan
Car: EX35

Hello from Westchester NY....picking up my EX35 any day. Dark Currant with Chestnut interior..Journey AWD package. Got the bose and the cross rails. Having driven down from Boston as the color choice was not available locally.

BlueSlateEX
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2010 Blue Slate Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD with Tech/premium/Bose packages. I also have a 2009 Nissan Murano LE which is my second Murano. I've been very impressed with my Nissan and believe that my new Infiniti will live up to my expectations.

Timmbo

BlueSlateEX wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2010 Blue Slate Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD with Tech/premium/Bose packages. I also have a 2009 Nissan Murano LE which is my second Murano. I've been very impressed with my Nissan and believe that my new Infiniti will live up to my expectations.

Welcome to NICOclub! Sounds like you have quite the fleet of SUV's in your garage! Nice choices!!!! Blue Slate is a sweet color! :biggrin:

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome to everyone !!!

There's nothing like the smooth acceleration of an EX35 on a freshly paved Road out in the Country, on a Sunday Afternoon.

Enjoy your new Rides !

LAJ
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey Dark Currant

Hello People,

I just purchased 2008 EX35 Dark Currant with Tan interior Premium Journey package. I love love love this car, it is sexy, small and fast! :biggrin:

EXceptional

Welcome to NICO and the EX35 Forum !

RZPrice
Car: '10 EX35

Hello, from Houston, Black '10, I have been busy with my son on his Mazda (a few more items to finish up), but I have decided it is time to fix mine. I have seen some good info, I will have questions and hope to find the answers. A few of pics of Mazda, no pics of the EX until we start the work on my car. I would like a few first mods to start with therefore suggestions would be welcome. Tires and wheels will be within the next few months, but I like to have monthly projects. Some of the small things we have learned from the Speed will be done to the EX.

RZ

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site... pretty Car your Son has !

TomT
Car: 2010 Blue Slate EX 35 Journey RWD with Bose/Navi package

Greetings from Sugar Land, TX. After much haggling I drove home in my new 2010 Blue Slate Infiniti EX35 Journey RWD last night. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks while trying to make a decision on what I should buy. Came down to the EX or Lexus RX. Both cars are nice but the EX just seemed more fun to drive and I prefer RWD over FWD. I think I made the right choice. Never had a vehicle with so many bells and whistles and all I got was the Bose and Navigation system. I've got lots of questions but I will try to search for the answers before I post.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site, Tom.

Take some Pictures of your new Car... and post them in the Picture Thread located in the Announcement Section.

Fragile

Certified Infiniti EX35
- 2008 AWD (Black)
- 22k Miles
- Premium Package
- Technology pkg
- Bose spkrs
- Navigation
- Charcoal interior
- Wood Trim
- Roof rails / crossbars
- Splash Guards
Dealer is offering for Price $29,800 +Tax, TLL; I have to take decision in two days Is this a good deal or should I go with 2010 RWD and Pay for it $34k + Tax, TTL?

Thanks in advance

EXceptional

Not too many differences between 2008 and 2010.

I do see that the 2008 is an AWD and the 2010 is a RWD.

What is important to you ? Do you have lots of Snow where you live ?

Is your Wife/Girl-friend going to drive it, a lot ? I feel so much better that my Wife is driving an AWD during the Winter.

Anyways... let us know what you bought and welcome to the Site. :woot:

gkdyeung
Car: 2010 EX35 AWD with Tech
Black on Black

Hello All.
First Time Member, Long Time Driver.
I'm hoping to foray into the realm of Infiniti as soon as the next week...
I am drawn to both the EX and the G37X (and buying both isn't in the cards right now... haha).
Can you guys give me some swaying advice?
(I'm big on versatility... but not at the cost of comfort... especially for those rear passengers' legs... and I'm not interested in a ginorous SUV... ie FX)
Do many of you folks have the Tech package? Useful? Not?
Thanks all.
Gord
Made in Canada

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site...

Here`s an opinion from another Thread...
sashki2 wrote:I bet most men EX drivers either short, don't need room for a back seat passenger (no or small kids), or don't care if a back seat passenger is comfortable
How tall are men EX drivers?
How selfish are men EX drivers?
EliB wrote:
Tall, yes. Selfish? I hope not.
At 6'1" I can sit normally and have another 6 ft guy in the rear seat behind me. I can drive 3 grown co-workers to lunch in comfort; nobody wants to be the 4th because of the hump. It's cozy but the concave seat back keeps it from feeling cramped. (yes, I have sat in the back).

On weekends, our 3 kids (3, 5, 7) fit just fine. When they are teenagers, maybe not so much, but that's why we also own a minivan.

-Eli
My Wife loves the Camera`s for Parking and our Garage. The NAV is good, but some Portables out there, can beat it.

Lurk around the site... and check out the many fine Threads that already exist.

What part of Canada are you from :confused:

LauraNJ
Car: 2010 EX Journey AWD

Hi, I am Laura and I picked up my 2010 EX Journey AWD yesterday. Haven't gotten it out on the road much yet, only home from the dealer since I have a 20 month old son and don't want to put his car seat in before the Simoniz on Friday.

My EX is Dark Currant with wheat leather and wood accents. I played with the MusicBox last night after baby went to bed and I LOVE that I don't have to put a CD in more than once, very cool.

Nice to "meet" you all. :)

Laura

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site.

Lots of info on here.

Post some Pictures of your new Ride.

TKK35
Car: EX35 2010 Lease Prices - What deal did you get in New England?

Hi Everyone, I am going to be leasing an EX35 AWD Journey in November. I have been in love with this car/crossover, since it came out! Any words of wisdom about a negotiating the best lease deal would be greatly appreciated.

TKK35 - Tess

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”