Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Sorry, Chris - can't help you on compatibility info for an Optima battery. Perhaps you can post a separate thread on it.

Cheers,David

cjre1
Car: Infiniti EX35 Journey

David,

You are welcome. I posted a new thread on it and I got a lead.

rshazam
Car: 2008 EX 35

My wife and I purchased brand new black on black 2008 EX-35 last Nov and love it-- except for our local dealer deciding to go out of business last month! It's a great looking and running car-- just hadn't bargained on having to drive 1/2hr plus to have it serviced. re: battery-- we will be away visiting family back east for 2 mos during summer and contemplate purchasing 12V 1.25A Battery Tender Plus to safely maintain auto battery in our absence. Any suggestions/wisdom on the subject that might help us avoid/minimize problems would be much appreciated.

Good wishes to all.

cjre1

Fir
rshazam wrote:My wife and I purchased brand new black on black 2008 EX-35 last Nov and love it-- except for our local dealer deciding to go out of business last month! It's a great looking and running car-- just hadn't bargained on having to drive 1/2hr plus to have it serviced. re: battery-- we will be away visiting family back east for 2 mos during summer and contemplate purchasing 12V 1.25A Battery Tender Plus to safely maintain auto battery in our absence. Any suggestions/wisdom on the subject that might help us avoid/minimize problems would be much appreciated.

Good wishes to all.
First off, Congrats on your purchased. Second off, what I do when I leave for 2, 3 or 4 months, I unplug the battery from the car so it does not drain. When I come back I put it back on and it works first start. I would not use a battery tender plus.

What if the thing shorts out while you are away, or cause a fire. I would not risk having that plugged in for that many moths. This is my two cents for what its worth.

Well to our forum home!!! Now you are family.

rshazam
Car: 2008 EX 35

don't you lose radio, security and other memory settings by disconnecting battery? thanks,r

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Hey people ... to facilitate those searching for answers and those participants interested in assisting/commenting, could we please reserve this thread as the Welcome thread and post substantive discussions under their own thread?

Thanks,David

cjre1

rshazam wrote:don't you lose radio, security and other memory settings by disconnecting battery? thanks,r
Just the radio presets you lose. No issues there, since I can reporgram them and where I live I only get 4 stations. I always listen to CD's.

BROUDIE
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY, 2002 TOYOTA MR2 SPYDER

Hi, its a bit late but I got a 2008 EX35 Journey last week. Logged in 6500 miles now. I know, I know.

Vitek
Car: EX35

I just got my EX35 last week.Made 500km so far and I love this car. There is no infiniti dealers in my area so I had to go around 100km to the dealer but it was worth it

I got Scarlet gray color with beige interior and journey package.

Vitek

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Vitek wrote:I just got my EX35 last week.Made 500km so far and I love this car. There is no infiniti dealers in my area so I had to go around 100km to the dealer but it was worth it

I got Scarlet gray color with beige interior and journey package.

Vitek
Welcome to the EX35 Forum! Glad to have you as a new member of NICOclub!!!! Congrats on the new purchase!

ClayCalgary
Car: 2008 EX35 Tidewater

I've had my EX35 since March 2008 and have been following the forum just never took the initiative to sign-up. finally!

Timmbo

ClayCalgary wrote:I've had my EX35 since March 2008 and have been following the forum just never took the initiative to sign-up. finally!
Well, we are thrilled to have you here as a new member of NICOclub! Enjoy the EX35 Forum!

Paulicul
Car: EX35 AWD

Hy I'm Paul, i have my EX since september 08, i'm following NICO for a couple of months now, but haven't had a reason to sign in before now, i'm from Bucharest,Romania and i manage an Infiniti dealership here so you can imagine i'm a huge fan. My first Infiniti was a 08 FX35, but after an unpleasant event i had to consider trading it in for an EX mainly because it was the only one i had available in the showroom. i'm very pleased with my ex, although it could use a better handling, and the engine sound isn't as unique as the FX's. So, i hope i can be of use, because NICO sure was for me.

Timmbo

Paulicul wrote:Hy I'm Paul, i have my EX since september 08, i'm following NICO for a couple of months now, but haven't had a reason to sign in before now, i'm from Bucharest,Romania and i manage an Infiniti dealership here so you can imagine i'm a huge fan. My first Infiniti was a 08 FX35, but after an unpleasant event i had to consider trading it in for an EX mainly because it was the only one i had available in the showroom. i'm very pleased with my ex, although it could use a better handling, and the engine sound isn't as unique as the FX's. So, i hope i can be of use, because NICO sure was for me.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new EX!!!! Welcome to the EX35 Forum! It is fabulous having a member from Romania here on NICOclub!

How are Infiniti sales in Romania? How long has Infiniti been available there?

movadopika

3 weeks ago I purchased my new 09 EX35 RWD Journey fully loaded. So far I love it and I do not forsee that changing anytime soon.

PolarDog

Hello all! I'm from Chicago and I got my 2008 EX two weeks ago (Journey AWD with Premium Pkg). I am extremely happy thus far and I am impressed with the quality and candor of this site. I look forward to contributing if I can. Thanks!

Timmbo

PolarDog wrote:Hello all! I'm from Chicago and I got my 2008 EX two weeks ago (Journey AWD with Premium Pkg). I am extremely happy thus far and I am impressed with the quality and candor of this site. I look forward to contributing if I can. Thanks!
Welcome to the EX35 Forum! It is a pleasure having you here as a new member of NICOclub! Enjoy the new ride!

JCTC
Car: 2010 EX35

Hi everyone,

Just bought a 2010 EX 2 weeks before one of the biggest snow storms in DC history!

Love it so far.

JCL622

hey everyone! should've posted this in Sept but i bought a obsidian black 09 EX then

and now i'm the proud owner of a 2010 Blue Slate EX35

Own Goal

Just picked up our first Infinity. 2010 EX35 Platinum Graphite with Graphite & Maple interior, Nav etc. Got if for the wife. Got that same feeling after bought her the new Apple last year; tech overload. I promised her it was the "right" car. We drove and researched the whole segment first. Best drive: Q5, worst value: XC60, obvious choice: X3 except for that 3 year running deal with the automatic transmissons. Best value, most fun and build quality would be right here. Ditto for local dealers reputation and service. I'm an old gear head that spends most time over on Rennlist (Porsche nuts). Glad found this site. I'm sure will be useful over the long term. Honesty and input on BMW site kept me from make an expensive mistake. This looks like a great site and I'm sure will enjoy.

SFBill
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey RWD (Bose/Navi - Dark Current/Chestnut)

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my 2010 EX 35 Journey (RWD) with Premium Package and Bose/Navigation Package in Dark Currant with a Chestnut interior! Should (hopefully) be delivered to my broker in the upcoming week. Am trading a 2008 Acura TL that I've leased for the past 2+ years; was a great car, but am looking forward to a change. The EX will be my 27th vehicle since getting my license in 1972!

JCL622

SFBill wrote:I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my 2010 EX 35 Journey (RWD) with Premium Package and Bose/Navigation Package in Dark Currant with a Chestnut interior! Should (hopefully) be delivered to my broker in the upcoming week. Am trading a 2008 Acura TL that I've leased for the past 2+ years; was a great car, but am looking forward to a change. The EX will be my 27th vehicle since getting my license in 1972!

haha!! this makes the 3rd Acura TL being traded in for the EX35 :D

i went from the TL (full a-spec) and i am loving this car

different vibes, but this is definitely more comfortable, though not as peppy.

D.I.E.S.E.L
Car: 2010 Infiniti Ex35 Journey

Last month picked up my ex35. Love the way this car drives; info- 2010 EX35 AWD Platinum Graphite ext, Stone int, maple accents etc etc. Should have taken a pic of it. Few days ago, that snowstorm tore up Jersey as well as the Northeast. Anyway, I've been checking on the forum for awhile now since getting the ex, finally signed up.

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub DIESEL! Congrats on the new purchase, enjoy the ride!

robc10x

Glad I found this resource! Picked up a 2008 EX optioned out over christmas almost by accident. My heart was set on a M35/45 but after driving a bunch of different cars/trucks/crossovers, I found a Acura RDX the day before christmas and they took a rediculous offer. I was up all night and realized I had made a mistake. While the tech package and awesome performance of the little 1.8 Turbo hooked me (if you haven't driven one you should) along with good looks, it felt plasticky and cheap inside, and the ride was REALLY bad. It had 19" rims stock and that may have been part of it, but as a sales guy on the road all day, I need a little cush w/my hard cornering.

Luckily, I bought from a dealer with many stores, and Christmas day found my EX online - it had just been traded and didn't even have a pic up on their website yet. They were willing to take back my RDX, and for a bit more I got a MUCH nicer ride and a Much nicer vehicle. The minute I took it out on the road I knew the feel was what I had been looking for: Firm but forgiving, quick but quiet. Nice.

I'll be asking some questions & picking brains here shortly. Hope I can return the help down the road.

Rob

fxBeast
Car: Infiniti FX35 '06

Hello all,I just got my '06 FX35 last week... Had a severe case of "buyers head ache" but that soon passed as I have seriously fallen in love with this machine. It's a Cert-PreO with only 33,000 miles! Saved a bunch over nearly identical '08 with 23,000 miles. The FX35 is the most luxurious car I've owned, but I work hard and deserve it, right? I mean, look at my other cars: '67 Lotus Europa and '69 Datsun 510... and my Mazda MX-6 just died after over 200,000 miles... these are some "low riders" so it's funky riding high in my FX... plus, I can toss my mt. bike in the back!

Now, about that AC condensation odor....

JCL622

fxBeast wrote:Hello all,I just got my '06 FX35 last week... Had a severe case of "buyers head ache" but that soon passed as I have seriously fallen in love with this machine. It's a Cert-PreO with only 33,000 miles! Saved a bunch over nearly identical '08 with 23,000 miles. The FX35 is the most luxurious car I've owned, but I work hard and deserve it, right? I mean, look at my other cars: '67 Lotus Europa and '69 Datsun 510... and my Mazda MX-6 just died after over 200,000 miles... these are some "low riders" so it's funky riding high in my FX... plus, I can toss my mt. bike in the back!

Now, about that AC condensation odor....
WELCOME!!

btw this is the EX forums...lol, but congrats anyway

fxBeast
Car: Infiniti FX35 '06

What? ...now how did that happen? Ok, back to find the FX forum... see ya EXers!

vel525

Hello,

First post here. Looking to purchase a 2010 EX35 and during my research online found the forum. Thanks for all the great info!

pmp0000
Car: INfinit ex35

Hi,

I just bought new infiniti ex35. How do I get referral code for AMEX gift card? Please help!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”