Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Finally took some pictures of my EX:

schaffs04
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD Premium. Blue Slate/Wheat

Man, that interior is dead sexy. Love it!

seaop1
Car: 2015 QX50 Journey with all options

Greetings from Seattle (Ballard)
I just purchased a 2015 QX50, Midnight Garnet, Beige leather, Journey with 17,000 miles. The QX50 is fully loaded with I think all options. I will do some research. Just sold a 2006 G35, 6MT with 45K. It sold to the first person who looked at it. I'm really glad to own the 3.7 if for no other reason than to be able to check the oil in less than 1/2hour. Anyone that has owned the 3.5 know the story.
I'm looking forward to learning about the QX70.

Cornflakes_EX35
Car: 2011 EX35

hey all :)

just got a Liquid Platinum Metallic 2011 EX35 this weekend. Im from Ottawa, Ontario. Joined to see what have owners done to their cars and see whats available aftermaket.

thanks

Ex35stealth
Car: EX35 AWD 3.5 V6 Journey

Hello infiniti buds. I am a 40 years old man who love cars and i just got a black 2008 awd ex35 journey with the tech package to be our family car. I drive a saab aero 2.8 v6 turbo sportcombi as my daily driver wich i also love it. After a rough few months right after buying it, now im finaly enjoying the ex35, specially now that winter is here full force in canada with lots of snow on the ground. The awd on the ex35 is amazing. Right at the first month of ownership the battery died, radiator broke, Replaced the air filters with k&n air filters, they came over oiled from the factory and i didnt notice till the car started stalling like crazy at all stop signs and traffic lights. After trying soo many things trying to fix it, one day i decided to check my air boxes and they were flooded with the pink oil from k&n filters. I cleaned the mess...cleaned both body throttles put back the original filters, reseted the icu and did the relearn procedures and the ex35 drives almost perfect again. Stalls once a month i would say. Im afraid to put my k&n filters back and cause more harm, but i miss how good they sound. The car is black with stone color leather interior. Almost white/grey. Love this color combo. No fake wood trim inside. All brushed aluminum style around the doors. Tinted windows all around and i plastidip all the chrome, now it looks gunmetal/antracite grey. Rims, emblems, grill, trunk, bars under the doors and window frame no more chrome. It looks very stealth. When the winter is over im planing to get the h&r lowering springs installed just for that 1" drop. Love the interior of this car, very confortable, quiet, the deep exaust notes when i give ot some gas and the look of it. Already went on a road trip from toronto to the east coast and it was a great drive. 750km with a tank at an average of 130km/h. The music box and all the voice comands really help on road trips. Only down side is space. Glove box is soooooo small. Trunk also is very small...and the back seat is tight. Still an amazing car. Very happy with it. Thats how my infiniti ex35 experience starts.

JicJackal
Car: 2010 E35

My wife just bought a 2010 EX35. We live in SC, purchased and had the car shipped from Salem, MA. The car is great looking but signs of undercarriage rusting (ice, snow, salt). Anyway, she't surfing the web for accessories (trunk organizer, etc.,). Any recommendations on where to look other than ebay, hit-or-miss, etc.? Thanks in advance. I will peruse the forum threads and learn more about what to expect from her (our) EX35.

Gdawg77
Car: 2017 QX50 AWD

New to this site. Purchased a 2017 QX50 2WD Base last October and TOTALLED it in December. Got the same ride but upgraded to AWD with premium and tech and LOVE it. 6th NISSAN product so big fan here.

Vbean32
Car: 2008 infiniti ex35

Just bought a 08 ex35. 58k miles for 11k. Has some cosmetic stuff, but as a whole seems like a great car. I'm sure I will have tons of fun and questions about this new ride. I'm from southern California and am 37. Hope you All are doing great cheers!

Vbean32
Car: 2008 infiniti ex35

EX35WinterBeater wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am
Finally took some pictures of my EX:

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x198 ... 210325.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i186</span><span>.</span><span>photobucket</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>albums</span><span>/</span><span>x198</span><span>/</span><span>coop3422</span><span>/</span><span>Mobile</span><span>%</span><span>20Uploads</span><span>/</span><span>20170617</span><span>_</span><span>210325</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x198 ... 210335.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i186</span><span>.</span><span>photobucket</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>albums</span><span>/</span><span>x198</span><span>/</span><span>coop3422</span><span>/</span><span>20170617</span><span>_</span><span>210335</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x198 ... 210349.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i186</span><span>.</span><span>photobucket</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>albums</span><span>/</span><span>x198</span><span>/</span><span>coop3422</span><span>/</span><span>Mobile</span><span>%</span><span>20Uploads</span><span>/</span><span>20170617</span><span>_</span><span>210349</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

[img]<a class="vglnk" href="http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x198 ... 210407.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>i186</span><span>.</span><span>photobucket</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>albums</span><span>/</span><span>x198</span><span>/</span><span>coop3422</span><span>/</span><span>Mobile</span><span>%</span><span>20Uploads</span><span>/</span><span>20170617</span><span>_</span><span>210407</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
looks just like the one I bought, but my interior is not in as good condition. Veneer coming off.

Skip1
Car: 2011 EX35

I have a 2011 EX. I do not like the QX50 redesign or the engine size and wanted to get a 2017 while I still could do so. Therefore, I month ago, I bought a new 2017 QX50 (with all 3 packages). It was built in May 2016 and had been on the lot for 8 mos. Based upon the Infiniti online inventory locator, there were only 63 2017 QX50s with all 3 packages remaining nationwide at the time of my purchase and only 2 with my preferred exterior/interior color scheme. Today, about 32 QX50s with all 3 packages are still for sale. Obviously, the end is near for the older style. I hope the person who gets the last car (or one of the last) posts here.

Dzionassi
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX50

RhinestoneChow
Car: 2008 EX35

Hey guys, bought a 2008 EX35 this spring. Overall a very clean car and it's great to drive around!

Lkontor
Car: Infiniti EX 35

140xxxkm

Hello everyone,

I purchased a used ex 35 2008 a few months ago. Just a quick purchase with limited time to fully review all the specs on this vehicle. I have had pretty good luck with it so far with no issues driving day to day, and I drive quite a bit each day (100km average, short and longer distances). It has been a great car and I keep getting compliments on how new it looks, and how it doesnt look like a 08. I agree and I think it still looks quite modern.

My question is what issues have some people experienced with this model?

The biggest issue I have had is a few days ago the car wouldn't start. I heard the engine turning but it didnt turn fully. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you everyone. Glad to be part of the Infiniti family.

JustLaurie
Car: EX35

Hello from Tulsa OK! I just purchased a used 2012 EX35 Journey and am starting to get familiar with it! I look forward to reviewing past posts and chiming in where I can!

Malickifl
Car: Infiniti ex35 2008
LHD

Hello from London, Ex35 2008
Bad part no-one knows it, parts ... hard to get ....
Good part no one knows it :-)
Hope to find more info here and help anyway I can!

Dyryk
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

Howdy
My name is Derek and I just picked up a 2010 ex35 ... it’s got 150000 Kim’s on it and it feels like new. I do have the dreaded abs, VDC Andy anti slip lights on. I’ve tried a few of the fixes recommended but no luck fixing it yet

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Welcome!!!
Show us some pics in the "wild". :yesnod:
As for your warning lights issues its usually best to start a separate thread...

Smik66
Car: 2017 Nissan 370Z
2018 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

Soon to be new owner of a 2015 QX50, trading in my Frontier Pro4x. This will be my 3rd Nissan/Infiniti product. The other stablemate is a base 2017 370z that might get a little jealous lol.
Screenshot_20200206-225700_Chrome.jpg

PalmerWMD

Smik: Welcome!!! :D

RAYEARLROB
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

First, thank you for the forum. I am from Houston and just purchased a 2008 EX35 (120K miles) good overall condition. I have already replaced front wheel hubs, all rotors and pads. I also had to replace a missing wheel well guard and under engine shield. Both appear to be damaged and removed in a minor fender bender. So far she is running smooth except for the broken tilt wheel adjustment and lots of road noise. My next purchase will be new tires. She is 12 years old and needs TLC. I will continue to build her back to new condition. (I have noticed a fresh oil film that seems to come form above the oil pan. It does not loose or drop oil on the ground. weird)
Cheers to all.

Kannassee
Car: Infiniti EX35

I purchased in January a "new" EX35 2008 with 70k miles and only one owner......great car so far....it drives like new after I installed new tires.

Actually I was going to get a QX50 back in 2015.....and at the end got a Macan S for my wife......big mistake moneywise....of course it drives great but its very expensive to mantain and I had to take it to the dealer several times for different issues.

The EX35-QX50 drives and handles very well in part because of the way the engine is installed, it is a shame that in the new QX50 Infiniti went for the transversally mounted engine.....

But this car drives like new after 12 years......its incredible!!

cboysteve@cox.net

My name Steven Eaton i go by cboysteve i live mission viejo ca. 42 years My cars 2008 ex35 plus 1975 ford van and 1956 thunderbird. Widowed since 2009 married for 42 years.

Johnnydangerus
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD premium package tech package. Obsidian black; Tan. 18" stk Michilin Primacy a/s. Remote start.

Hello and thank you! Here is "ELTRAMP" my recently purchased 2010 Infiniti Ex35 awd Journey. Built in Canada. Obsidian and tan. 134,000 everything but nav. Love this crossover. Just like you all I feel in love with the beauty, tech and speed she provides. Didn't originally start looking at Infiniti when purchasing a vehicle but all those options and personaly mostly the overall style inside an out sold me. Cant wait to enjoy the Infiniti experience. I'll try n help with the questions as much as you all will help me . John
AKA. Johnnydangerus
Attachments
20200924_135049_HDR~2.jpg
ELTRAMP
20201027_181840~2.jpg
ELTRAMP

LQQX50
Car: '16 QX50 Malbec Black 3.7 325HP

Hey ~ LQQX50 here ~ get it ~ Look QX50 Owner Here :wavey:

No Stranger to the Joys of RWD VQ Fun Car Driving being a long time '03 Brickyard 350Z owner ( Pictured below the QX50 )

In shopping for mid sized ~ AWD ~ Fun to Drive ~ Affordable ~ Luxury ~ CUV with Nads ~ there really was only one clear cut winner on paper and in real life that fit the bill.

Ended up with '16 QX50 AWD in Malbec Black. Purchased used in Aug of '19 with just 6,700 miles on it for half of what it stickered for new. Built in Japan, Pumping out 325 HP it's my Z car with a rear seat and AWD for Lake Effect Snow during the Winter months
fullsizeoutput_406.jpeg
And here is the Z Car to lend some credence to my Nissan / Infiniti VQ reputation here coming as a Newb :chuckle:
009_zpsbfg3sywe.jpg
Here's my intro so Howdy :inoutgay: See you in the other threads where hopefully I can add insight, or humor, or shock value, or just waste some bandwidth with pics and words of wisdom, hilarity, or general nonsense for your entertainment and love of all things Nissan / Infiniti Owner

Kaiju71
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35

Hi my name is Dennis and I am a proud owner of a 2011 Infiniti EX35 RWD Journey. I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a Plug n Play OBD performance chip that can give my exhaust the popping sound?

Thanks in advance

Kaiju71

NewEX35Dude
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

Hello all. My wife and I purchased a 2009 EX35 AWD Journey a few weeks ago. It was a fleet vehicle near Ottawa, Canada so it had regular oil changes and service as needed. The interior is flawless and the exterior is very good, no rust, etc. The exhaust is loud so I’ll be fixing that myself and I hear a slight wheel bearing growl from the front so I’ll be fixing that too. This is my work ride so it probably won’t be driven on long trips. The first upgrade on my list will be to replace the factory stereo speakers and get Bluetooth installed. 😀

PalmerWMD

:welcome: :grouphug: welcome!!!!

Justplainedave
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD
19" wheels, Moonlight white, wheat interior

Hello, my friends. I'm Dave and I just got 2012 EX35 Journey AWD with NAV. 144,000 miles It is white with the wheat interior and 19 inch wheels. The car belonged to my sister who thought that maintenance meant a trip to Jiffy Lube once a year. Despite this, plus a lifetime in Florida, the car is in very good condition, especially the interior which is like new. . A truck backed into it and did some minor damage but somehow my sister got the entire front replaced including both head light assemblies, hood, grille, bumper cover and fog lights. I saw a photo of the damage and it was very minor. How she pulled this off is anyone's guess. She is very successful in business so she probably worked some sort of deal. Anyway, the vehicle has some minor issues. She had the rear tires only replaced with El Cheapos while the Goodyears on the front remained, about 2/3 of the way worn, so the AWD , anti-skid and ABS lights come on after driving it a few miles, then go out until the next time. I am replacing the tires in a few days with some Bridgestones that are on sale. So far, I have changed out the brake fluid, the power steering fluid and had the AC evacuated and refilled. I put new plugs in and changed out the cabin air filter. I think the original was in there. It was a mess. I'm taking it to my independent shop next week for a good scan. I think the only issue is the AC blend door. Easy fix, courtesy of You Tube. The car rides extremely well, tracks true and straight. This is not my first Infiniti. My wife had a J30 many years ago and, more recently, a G37. The G37 was a great car, very quick and fun to drive. Not one single problem except a blow out on the interstate. NO SPARE! At 72, she decided she was done with convertibles and got a new

I am 78 years old, and live in coastal SC, between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. I am a retired police officer and spent may years in the Motorcycle Unit, riding the worse that Harley Davidson had to offer (my first motor was made by the pool table/bowling alley company). I also had a gun dog breeding and training company for years. Labrador retrievers. I am coming out of a lease and I am not going to buy the car because my residual would mean more car payments and the car has had issues (BMW) I really don't drive that much anymore, maybe 8,000 miles a year. I'm going to get the EX in shape and use that until I keel over. I must admit that the EX is somewhat weird looking to me but I have gotten used to it.
Thanks for reading! Justplaindave

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”