Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
bhurley52
Car: EX35

I recently traded in my 2001 QX4 for a 2011 EX35. I had excellent service out of the QX4 and I decided that I wanted another Infiniti. The EX35 is graphite interior/exterior, has navigation, and premium package. I know the EX35 does not get the gas mileage as some other small SUV's, but compared with the QX4, I am very satisfied. Here's hoping the EX35 is as dependable as its predecessor. I look forward to all the valuable information that I will learn on this forum.

j50ny
Car: '09 EX35 (J50) Journey AWD Navi - blue slate

Bought an 09 EX journey AWD last month. So far, I'm loving it. The color is blue slate and it has a stone interior. My last car was heavily modified and at first, when buying this car, I was looking for something to steer me away from tinkering with it. However, I can't resist and am currently getting my parts list together. This car doesn't seem to be one that is often modified (at least I haven't seen any in the NYC area), so I'm looking forward to the task. I do most of my own work in between a hectic work schedule, so hopefully, I'll have a decent setup by spring/summer

Looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge

Jippi
Car: EX 37 GT

Hello everyone,

I just bought a EX37GT. This is a rare car in France, the Infiniti brand is not very that has developed in my country.
I appreciate his engine, comfort and equipment, and of course, its look.
I'll post some pictures in the future.
Good day to all.

MontyBurns
Car: 2008 EX35 Base RWD Platinum Graphite

Helloo Everyone,

New guy from Socal, just picked myself up a 2008 EX35 Base RWD Platinum Graphite. Been doin sum lurking on here helped me seal the deal on the EX, love the car. Almost got the G37 coupe but everybody and they mama got the G37 in Socal. Dont plan on going crazy on the mods, so far i got wheels and G37 axle back on it. I'll post some pics on the photo thread woop woop! :mike

serotta
Car: 2014 QX50

Hello all,

2014 QX50, two weeks old. White with Graphite interior, Journey AWD with Premium package. Love the power and handling compared to our Honda Odyssey.
I'll be lurking around to learn about these beasts.

Valentina
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX50 AWD Journey

Hi Folks!!

Traded in my 2011 Mini CooperS last week for a 2014 QX50 AWD Journey!

Let the MOD's begin!

1. Interior.... Rear Tonneau Cover & Polished Stainless Steel Dash Knobs
2. Exterior ...Tinted Windows
3. Towing... Curt Trailer Hitch & Thule Helium Aero 2 & Thule Crossbars
4. Braking.... ... Stoptech Sport Slotted Rotors & Hawk HPS Street Pads
5. Suspension... H&R Sport Spring Set
6. Wheels... 20's rolling on Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position's

Stereo... Stay Tuned!!

I'll try to post pic's as the mods are added.

Cheers!!

Judy795
Car: Infinity QX50 2015

My first Infinity. My DIL has the EX 35 and I love it. I looked at '15 CRV (vibration probs) and the Subarbu (oil issues) and decided to move up with the car, especially liking the safety features in the Journey.

TheGreyOne
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX-35 Journey

Hi Everyone… Just got a 2008 Infiniti EX-35 and love it… except the AC isn't working and the days are getting hotter! The compressor isn't cycling. I've put on gauges and the pressures are OK at least on the LO side (don't have a HI side gauge).

Thought I'd check the obvious… fuses, relays etc. but I can't find the AC relay. The electrical schematic on your AWESOME online manual http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/EX/2008/FWD.pdf clearly shows that the magnetic clutch activates from connector E7 on the IPDM E/R pin #48 after coming from the AC relay powered from a 10A fuse #49. See page 124 of 153 of the Heating and AirConditioning Control (HAC.pdf). The diagram clearly shows the AC relay right nests to the Ignition relay… but I can only see the Ignition Really on the IPDM E/R board with all the connectors and fuses. The Starter Control Relay is on the top, centre right and there is a Empty, unmarked space immediately to the left. See service manual PG-100

I THINK the IPDM E/R is a black box crammed vertically into the SIDE of the "battery box". Fuse is good, but can't find the AC Relay…
When I slip the large rectangular plastic box up and out of the hole, take off the plastic lid, I see fuses on the sides and connectors all along the middle, with two predominant rows. Question… does the BACK of the box come off somehow exposing more relays etc on the inside back???

Second question… I want to disconnect the magnetic clutch connector on the compressor #29 at F43 and apply 12v to see if the magnetic clutch is working. But my 65 year old eyes and hands don't work as well as they used to…. I'm having trouble getting off the connector and don't want to just "give er" and chance breaking it. Can't tell what to squeeze or which way to pull. Same with the ECV connector connection 19/20 so I can check power to each.

Will also try to "turn" the compressor by hand to see if it is ceased.

But where is that darn AC Relay ????

Thanks guys….

PS - I have the images but still have to learn how to use the command. Sorry

C.los
Car: 2006 G35 6MT
2008 EX35

Hello guys, I'm from NY but i recently moved to houston TX and in TX you definitely need a car for Everything, so bought an EX for my wife a few months ago. She absolutely loves it. I do most of the work on my cars, friends and family so I'll be posting how to videos as I work on her EX.( recently changed the radiator, got a video on that) If i can be of any help just send me a message and I'll try and help out as much as I can.

roark187
Car: 2008 EX35

Kevin, Currently in Atlanta but LA is home. Just diving into replacing my Blose speakers and amps and sub :ohno:

nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

Allow me to say hello properly :wavey:

About a month ago picked up my Garnet Red 2011 EX35 AWD Journey with audio & nav package. I'm loving this vehicle. The only short coming I sense so far is that the halogens are not adequate. the power, luxury, size and looks are all working for me.

My back up ride is a Miata 95M ...Merlot ... one year color. Not sure why later in life I'm just a bit more skewed towards the reds.

:crazy:

nate2011
Car: 2011 Garnet Red EX35 AWD Journey

Here's the EX35 ... 2011 AWD Journey... ( must have moved the earlier images from host site)

EugeneM
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX-35

New to this forum :) I hail from Minnetonka Minnesota. Got my 2008 EX-35 from my wife after she got a QX60. Great car, after owning it for 3 years no issues so far

ex35manlyblue
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey Arctic Blue

Found a 2011 Journey awd for well below book due to unpopular color primarily. Very impressed with this hatchback on steroids and manning it up a bit with some Konig Interform 19x8.5 wheels, rotary forged to save a few pounds and look fairly close to the 2016 option wheels. Prostop crossdrilled rotors and pads, always had great luck with those on my Mazdaspeed, bang for the buck.

ex35manlyblue
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey Arctic Blue

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

ex35manlyblue
I think it looks great!
I wonder what plasti-dipping some of the chrome trim would look like on that color. I think the blue/black combo looks great, specially with the window tint

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

EugeneM wrote:New to this forum :) I hail from Minnetonka Minnesota. Got my 2008 EX-35 from my wife after she got a QX60. Great car, after owning it for 3 years no issues so far
welcome!

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

nate2011

fricking gorgeous!

monypenny07
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

Hi,
New here. Purchased a 2010 Infiniti EX35 1 month ago today. It's been back to the car lot twice. First time for engine light and stalling. Second time for engine light. The first time it was in, they told me they couldn't replicate the stalling issue so nothing was done. The checked out the evap system and reset the light, nothing else done. Just picked it up Monday night after they fixed the engine light problem, they replaced the Evap Vent Solenoid. Day after I picked it up, it started stalling again, it only happens once its warmed up. RPM's drop right down to zero and it stalls. I end up with foot on the gas and brake to get it to stay running. Just called the car lot to take it in again under warranty to fix this stalling issue. It's not throwing any lights on the dash. Any ideas what they should be checking? I want to have some ammo to get them to fix it properly this time!
Getting really frustrating as they don't provide a courtesy vehicle.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Cathy

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

Welcome! Get past this stalling issue so you will love your car. Throttle body cleaning....more info on the main forum

monypenny07

Thanks! It hasn't stalled now for the last 2 weeks! I was supposed to be trying to replicate the problem for the car lot to fix, but now it won't do it. They were going to try switching the MAFS with another Infiniti on the lot to see if that fixed the problem.
I may try to do the throttle body cleaning myself if it does it again, its almost out of warranty now.
Other than that, I do love the car. I'm enjoying the fuel savings since I drove a 5.9 L for 13.5 yrs! LOL

jakenbake
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35

Sounds like you aren't going to Infiniti. I would go the lot and demand that they pay the bill to have Infiniti fix the problem since they clearly aren't capable of diagnosing the problem themselves.

monypenny07

No, I'm going back to the car lot where I bought it from, I had a 60 day warranty with them. They did offer to take a look at it again, but now that it's not stalling and no codes, I can't replicate it for their mechanic.

Lapin
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX35 AWD Navigation

Good Morning Everyone!

I am the new owner of a 2012 EX35! This is actually my first car purchase (I was a late-bloomer with my license) but I used to drive my partner's 2009 G37X. After returning back to Canada and doing monthly rentals at Enterprise as a way to "try" out different imports and domestics, I realized I could never stray ;)

Purchased this privately in Calgary for what I believe to be a very good price below BBV. Blame the economic recession.

Here are some the specs:

90,000Km
AWD
Premium/Nav Package
19" Rims on Touranzas
Malbec Black Color (it is such a neat color in the sunlight)

Also came with New Goodyear Nordic Winter tires on steel rims (17")

Cosmetically, the car has a few dings and scratches and the previous owner barked up the aluminum rims on the right side pretty good, but haven't noticed any balance issues, nor would I as I don't rally race! Mechanically, the car is sound. Has been well taken care of and it's clear it hasn't been driven hard.

As a single person without kids, this vehicle is perfect for me. Gives me the room to do the big shopping trips and throw in my hiking/biking gear. Looking to get a bike carrier at some point, but not sure If It ill be roof or rear at this point.

I look forward to contributing to this forum!

http://postimg.org/image/tm0wlmdur/

http://postimg.org/image/z8lyk4tjv

hijazist
Car: Infiniti EX35

Hello everyone! We've bought our 2008 EX35 from the Infiniti dealership in Houston and we got a really great deal on it. It's in mint condition. I've had a bit diverse driving experience ranging from those I enjoyed a lot (Mercedes 560 SEC, BMW 5 & 3 series, Peugeot 307) to not so nice ones such as Skoda, Zaz & a Lada (trust me you're not missing out).

This is my first Infiniti but boy she's such a beautiful car. She doesn't know what she wants to be, and we love it for that! Cars in Houston are either trucks, Mustangs or RX350's, so it's quite rare here :) The car is fully loaded although I don't know which package it came with. My favorite things are ride, beautiful interior and of course

()

The backseat legroom is definitely tight but there's only two of us, so our friends can suck it up :biggrin: Besides, we know what we were getting into before buying it. This is my first Infiniti and I am so impressed to say the least. In fact, we are already looking to replace my wife's car with another Infiniti.

Couple of pics:

Walkerblakk
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey

Hopefully this thread is still live haha. I own a 2008 EX35 (whom I call "Cookies and Cream") and am new to this forum. I've owned it now for 4 years and added some slight mods with much more to come! Check it out...

Gary01
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hello,

I am looking for some help/direction. I have a 2008 EX35 (South Florida).I am the original owner. My dashboard is melting and all sticky. The front of the dash around the vents are all cracking. I know this is a known issue with Nissan and I know their is a class action lawsuit for Nissan Alitma for 2003-2008 models.The Class Action lawsuit was institutedin the state of Florida. I've even contacted the lead attorney (http://www.girardgibbs.com/) who told me although they tried to include the Infiniti in the suit, so far the court has rejected Infiniti. Nissan has fixed or paid for some of the repairs for the Alitima's. I took my car to the dealer, they took pictures and sent to corporate good will dept. My repair request was denied. They told me to call the Infiniti Consumer Affairs (1-800-662-6200 Ext.7). I did in fact do that and they told me they had an extended 8 year warranty for this known defect but it only was for the FX35 models, and that they wouldn't repair or pay for any part of my damages. The local news also had a segment on this issue (http://www.wptv.com/money/consumer/the- ... e-recalled). I contacted them for help, but didn't get much help. Does ANYBODY know anyway I can get Infiniti/Nissan USA to repair my car. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I have several pictures but don't know how to attach to this post as I am new to the siteI can be reached at [email protected], Thank you

Gary01
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hello to all! . GOOD NEWS! After being VERY persistent and being denied by the dealer service department, dealer service manager; and Nissan/Infiniti Corporate with a case#. I contacted the GM at the my local dealer who finally helped me and got me a new complete dash. The cost was $2,045, and at first they said I was only responsible for $45.00 of the cost. I thought that was so odd, but I said OK. However, they finally waived that too. So I guess sometimes “ the squeaky wheel does get the grease”. Sometimes being persistent does pay off. To all other keep pushing and demand satisfaction. Below is a website that I found after much searching of Nissan corporate contacts that somebody spend a lot of time putting together. I tried to e-mail him and thank him, but he didn't reply, and I don't know how current it is. But it might be helpful. Best of luck to all. I would like to hear back from others who has either had success or continued to get denied.

https://dontbuynissan.wordpress.com/contact/

Suzuki Todd

Howdy,

I am new to the forum and I have in my possession an 08 EX35 Journey. So far I am loving this car. I owned a Dodge Neon for the past twelve years and this is def. an upgrade for me. Looking forward to learn about the EX35's.

Maherk22
Car: Infiniti Ex35 2008

Walkerblakk wrote:Image

Hopefully this thread is still live haha. I own a 2008 EX35 (whom I call "Cookies and Cream") and am new to this forum. I've owned it now for 4 years and added some slight mods with much more to come! Check it out...

That looks awesome.
I am wondering, what are the size of the wheels and tires? And did they affect the ride?

Sorry for my bad English

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”