Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
a_khanh
Car: 2011 EX35 RWD Journey 3.5 V6 Premium Package
Ext: Moonlight White Pearl
Int: Wheat

Hey All,

I've just purchased my 2011 EX35 White Moonlight Pearl with Wheat interior. It was a lease that the owner traded in to buy a 2013 EX37. The previous owner only put 9200 miles on the car! It's practically brand new. Looking forward to learning more about my car on this forum!

ex35cloud
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX 35 Journey/Silver

Welcome a_Khanh!! I'm new to the group also. I've had my Ex35 for almost 2yrs and I'm still learning new things. I do know that I Love it!!

Enjoy,

ex35cloud

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

WELCOME to the new 2013 peeps!!! Glad to have new members here!

ifoco
Car: infinity EX 35 RWD Journey

Hello

I'm new to the list my name is Inga I own a 2009 EX 35 Journey. I love the car but I now need tires. I have just a bit under 34,000 mi on these tires and feel it's time. Checking the thread depth, some places the Lincoln head is still covered, others exposed. Have spent the better part of today talking to tire stores and visitng on line sites. Many people want to sell me a tire that isn't meant for this car.

My problem is trying to find a good tire that is quiet, sporty looking, handles well and rated for this car. It seems difficult to locate tires that are rated 98V or better.
Tire size is 225/60/R17 98V. The original tires are Michelins. I phoned Michelin and they informed me they don't make a tire for my car at this time. Hard to believe but who am I to say otherwise!

I looked at Yokohama Avis Enviqor rated 99V don't know if that qualifiesor not. However, I read a great deal of disatisfaction with the brand. People - many people having problems with the sidewalls cracking, bulges and other tire failures early on. Not something I want.

Any input from anyone would be sincerely appreciated. Also, I am not concerned about snow ice etc since I live in SW Florida and it hasn't snowed lately although the temperatures have dropped very low :)

Thanks

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

check the main forum and search on tires. You will find lots of opinions!

WELCOME!! Post often!

rtk
Car: Infiniti EX 35

Hey all,

I'm an owner of a 2008 EX35 in blue slate - fully loaded - and after 5 years I've started to look at other cars, but nowhere can I find as awesome a combination of tech, utility, luxury, compact size (great for parking in Manhattan), ergonomic controls, quiet cabin, fierce highway acceleration (great for overtaking left-lane trolls in NJ)...and runs on Regular Unleaded!

I've started to search this forum in the past year for problems and got great answers that keep me from having to throw my money away at the dealer, such as: how to disassemble the molding under the hood to change the battery, how to fix the auto-up window issue after said battery change, how to address slow idle issues (I just cleaned my throttle bodies, fingers crossed). Currently I'm looking for ways to soften my ride...although my lead foot loves the car, my back begs to differ.

I'm one person who can testify that the self-healing paint worked...twice. I got a minor scratch (maybe 1/3 of the way thru the clearcoat) about 1 week after taking my brand new baby home and was fuming! 2 months later, the scratch was gone! The second one was maybe 2/3 thru the clearcoat and healed about half the length of the scratch; I ended up using touchup paint to get the rest.

I'm hoping to get another great 10-15 years out of the car. I'm glad it's still not that common a sighting, amidst the many RX350s out there. Nice to be part of a small fraternity.

Bjcruzn
Car: Infiniti EX35 w Journey Package 2010
Infiniti J30 1995

Bought my EX35 Graphite/Graphite w Journey Pkg 2010 in Jan. Love It! Bought from Infiniti dealer after finding on internet. It was prev leased have 28k miles. Feel I got a great price after 4k taken off price and warranty! I have a 95 J30 purchased new that i recently had transmission rebuilt w 190k miles loving it for life!!! Found this forum and glad to see others loving the Infiniti brand!!!! Yesterday had windows tinted on the EX... WOW!! Needed the privacy especially in trunk area. Anybody have the T.-cover? Does it work for u?

08EX35Auto
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX 35

Fully loaded EX35 with every single option available....this one had it all when I bought it used at 17K. Actually this is my wife's DD. She likes black even though I tried to discourage her from buying black in Arizona. I'm a Honda guy so this is my first Infiniti. Did own a Nissan Altima back in the day. I enjoy the ride and comfort of the front seats. The gas mileage and tight back seat space are low points from my standpoint for a crossover. Overall, nicely equipped and drives and sound good.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

08EX35Auto wrote: I'm a Honda guy so this is my first Infiniti.
I'm in the same boat, as I'm a Honda guy at heart.

Once you learn all the nuances of your Infiniti through ownership, I'm sure you'll appreciate some of its attributes when compared to the Hondas.

Welcome to the forum.

tundra06
Car: Looking to buy EX37. Dream Car G37S coupe

Glad to see such a forum exists. Excellent information and reference material. I am looking to buy a 2013 EX37. Wife prefers Midnight Garnet color. Having hard time finding one with Premium and Deluxe pkg's. Definitely cannot find any with Tech pkg. The 2014 QX50 is coming sometime around the end of next month. Thinking of waiting to order new so as to get the options and color( changing it to ______ red for 2014) we want.

I lust after the G37 coupe and have for years but it is not a practical choice at this time. From what little time we have spent test driving the EX37, feel like we are getting the best of luxury, sportiness and huge cool factor all in one. My wife warned me about taking test drive in the EX. We had looked at the RAV 4, RDX,RX350 and Mazda CX-5. As she commented, "those other cars don't compare". Agreed.
Look forward to sharing on the forum.

Rovalo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX37 GT Premium.

Hi there,

I accidently introduced myself in this topic:
new-owner-of-2010-ex-t581447.html

So here's only a short "hello" from one of maybe a dozen Dutch EX37 owners.

Rovalo.

jlcastanosinf
Car: Infiniti EX 35

Hi there!,

I own an EX35 Journey that I bought back in 2010 in the US when I was living there. I am currently living in Spain and I shipped my car with my stuff. This is the best car I have ever had!

José Luis

Audimontreal
Car: 2008 EX 35 AWD Moonlight White

Long time Audi enthusiast from Montreal Canada and finally pulled the trigger today for a minty loaded (39 000km/24 000 miles) 08 white EX on black interior for wifey...delivery next wed evening
I will spend some time going through the threads

Audimontreal
Car: 2008 EX 35 AWD Moonlight White

Had it rust proofed at Krown and trying to read as much as I can
08 model but registered in 09 with barely 39,000km (25 000 miles) with complete history report

I have a few questions: It is the Journey AWD with 18" mags, Bose, adaptive xenon (premium package)?
I have the sensors but I am missing the parking monitor which is part of the technology package?
The only hiccups are a broken ashtray and the steering column motor seems to be broken I hear noise but nothing happens...is this covered since it seems to be a common problem?
Thanks...

mk15
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD Journey
Obsidian black with black interior

Hello everyone!

Going to be a new owner of a QX50 in a week or so. I know the QX50 is probably going to see something new next year, but I always wanted a G37. Since those aren't sold in this country, the next best thing is the QX50. I'm from Panama (Central America), Infiniti here only offers one trim level for all their models. However, based on what I read on Infiniti USA, mine is the equivalent of a QX50 AWD Journey, roughly. It was time to say goodbye to my 2007 Mazda CX-7 AWD.

Infiniti has been in this country for a year, so I'm literally one of the first owners of Infiniti here.

Regards,
mk15

chicagowriter
Car: EX35

Hi there:

Just bought a 2010 EX with 25K miles, was a lease return. The EX35 has been my dream car for a long time, so I am in love this week.

Despite having driven a BMW 325i before, still having to get used to the power on the EX. Maybe it's just getting used to driving automatic again? Anyway, feels very powerful, which I know I will grow to love (just a little intimidating right now).

Thanks for making me part of your group.

Chicago

ralfp
Car: 2014 QX50

I will pick up a new QX50 in two days*. The car will be the other half's daily driver. Got it loaded (AWD, Premium, Touring, Tech), as I really wanted the full speed adaptive cruise control. I loved that feature on the Q50 a dealer lent me, but I did not like the Q50's faulty steering (not working on startup; that was a deal killer).

No nearby (NYC metro) dealers had any in stock, so the dealer had it driven from a dealership in MA. Got a reasonable deal; the dealer offered something like $2000 off MSRP, but we paid quite a bit less than that.

We drove a lot of cars in our search: E350, new A6 (loved it, but a bit too much $$ with the Driver Assist Package), Volt, Forester... Limiting the search to cars with full-speed adaptive cruise did not leave too many options (the Volt doesn't have that).

* assuming the paperwork is okay and the finance check arrives on time. We would have paid cash, but 0% APR (PenFed), AKA free money, was too good to pass up.

mk15

Hey ralfp, welcome to NICO. You're ALSO getting your QX50 in two days? I'm also getting mine in two days.

I never heard of the Q50 having faulty steering. But the car is drive by wire... so i guess the steering systems haven't done booting up by the time you start moving the steering wheel?

Have you ever considered the Evoque?

ralfp
Car: 2014 QX50

mk15 wrote:Hey ralfp, welcome to NICO. You're ALSO getting your QX50 in two days? I'm also getting mine in two days.

I never heard of the Q50 having faulty steering. But the car is drive by wire... so i guess the steering systems haven't done booting up by the time you start moving the steering wheel?
It's the DAS (direct adaptive steering) that comes with the tech package (I think) and I had read about problems before I drove it. On power-up it did not work (for about 1 minute). I had to power cycle the car to get it to work. When I returned the car the manager said that the bug was fixed in a new firmware, but that they had not applied it to the car. :confused:
mk15 wrote:Have you ever considered the Evoque?
Nope.

jacamania
Car: Infiniti QX50

Hi everyone. I just bought a new QX50 over the weekend. White Journey AWD with Premium Package. We mainly cross shopped it against the RDX, since most other competitors BMW/Audi/Merc are either too expensive or worries us on reliability. While the RDX is larger inside, its handling is not buttoned down enough and just doesn't feel as "special" as the QX50, not to mention the nagging sense of cheapness inside the RDX's cabin. My wife also heard a few horror stories about Acura's transmissions in general, so we finally decided on the Infiniti. Loving the power and the handling! I came from a Miata and a GTI and the QX50 is right up my alley driving dynamics wise. The interior is beautifully done and while I wasn't hot on the white (wife's choice since she will drive it 90% of the time) at first, the metallic flakes really add a nice dimension to the color. The only thing that I wish could be a little better is the size of the back seat and hatch, but we have only a young child and it should suffice most of the time. Oh, and the direction of the manual shifting is the wrong way!

mk15

Hey welcome to the family!
jacamania wrote:While the RDX is larger inside, its handling is not buttoned down enough and just doesn't feel as "special" as the QX50, not to mention the nagging sense of cheapness inside the RDX's cabin.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the RDX felt kinda cheap on the inside.

EX-Man
Car: EX35

Hello! I'm the proud owner of a 2009 EX35 AWD which I think is the Journey model. It's white with 64,000 km (40,000 miles), which is about half the mileage at which I usually buy cars! The car is replacing an old Miata and a rather ratty Pathfinder, both of which have served me very well. I think I'll still have to look for a slightly more recent Pathfinder to do the occasional heavy lifting, but other than that I think the Infiniti is going to work out just fine.

The car has had one owner and the service records show nothing but regular servicing. The only negative is that it has a set of mediocre tires on it, but that just suggests that the original owner was a conservative driver, so it's a positive really. Oh, and the audio system is quite boomy, but at least it's not a Bose (as far as I can tell).

I looked at lots of other cars including Audis, Mazdas, and Toyotas, but couldn't find anything as stimulating as the EX35 that still had some utility - at least, not in my price range.

I stumbled across this forum while looking for a service manual and have to say that I'm delighted to have found one (even if it I did have to download 54 pdf files to get it). I tend to keep my cars a long time, so a manual is important. I'm really looking forward to driving this car and to contributing to this forum for many years!

JamesD
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX50
Journey AWD
Black Obsidian

Hello all. Very first post.

Picked up my 2014 QX50 yesterday. Obsidian Black w/Black leather, AWD Journey. Absolutely love the ride. I have a feeling it's going to be a great car. I would post a pic if someone could tell me how? Thanks.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

JamesD wrote:Hello all. Very first post.

Picked up my 2014 QX50 yesterday. Obsidian Black w/Black leather, AWD Journey. Absolutely love the ride. I have a feeling it's going to be a great car. I would post a pic if someone could tell me how? Thanks.
Here's the thread with instructions on how to post pics on the forum: how-to-post-pictures-using-photobucket-t521110.html

mikedooray
Car: 2012 EX 35

Long time reader first time poster! Hey what's up everybody I'm a owner of a 2012 EX35, haven't had time to take photos with my DSLR but iPhone5 will have to suffice

I've got 20" rims on with 5mm spacers in the back, the car is lowered on Eichbach Pro Kit springs, 8k HID Headlights, 4k yellow fog lights, and a set of Takeda Stage 2 Pro Dry S cold air intakes and I've also had it chip tuned and all the firmware/software updated to current specs (works wonders on USB capability)

Bingle
Car: 2012 EX35 Journey AWD

Howdy Folks,

First post as I just picked up a 2012 EX35 this past week. It's a midnight garnet with chestnut interior, AWD journey with premium and deluxe touring packages - about 22K on it. I looked for one like this for over 2 months trying to find something within 300 miles (I'm in the Atlanta area) before pulling the trigger on this one which was at a dealer near Chicago. We bought it sight unseen and had it shipped down.

Love the car so far - it's replacing an '06 BMW 530xi wagon that had become quite costly to maintain. The EX will my wife's DD in a year or so when my daughter starts driving. We have another "wagon", a Lexus IS300 SportCross, which we plan on passing down to her when that time comes.... then I'll be looking for something with 2 seats! :woot:

Anyway, glad to be here!

Brad

Aeolian
Car: 2008 Infiniti Ex35

Hey all!
Recently bought blue-gray 2008 fully loaded model - loving all the toys :biggrin:
Always had a sport/coupe car, so this has been a big change for me... but so far it has been a terrific experience...
I am sure i will ask questions in the forum (after a due diligence search) for help from veteran owners.
Cheers

Johnny-C
Car: Ex35

I took my 2011 Juke in for an oil change and came back with a 2011 ex35. Wow! What a car! Still going out to the garage to make sure it is real! Love the drive!
Cheers!

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

CONGRATS to you new owners!!!

MelissaL79
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Hello! I am glad to find this forum. I have owned my 2008 EX35 Journey AWD (beige/beige, I need to look up my color codes) for about 3 months. We were a 2 MINI Cooper family and finally had enough of constant repairs. We still have the 2005 sitting in the garage that frankly needs parted out. The other was traded for the EX. We relied heavily on the MINI forums for DIY and advice, so glad to be here.

I fell in love with the EX when I saw one on the local Toyota lot while looking for something crossoverish to replace the MINI. Spent a few weeks shopping around and found a medium-to-high mileage one for a good deal. I love my EX, I just spent the day giving it a winter-is-coming detail. So far, everything is A-OK and I'm actually looking forward to the winter with AWD.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”