Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome to both of you guys to the EX35 Site.

Shelby... as long as your Tires are reasonably fresh, you should do OK... but if you have lots of Snow, I would insist on dedicated Winter Tires.

All-wheel Drive can make up for crappy Tires... but crappy Tires are still not as good as some dedicated Winter ones.

IamDJDubz
Car: 2008 INFINITI EX35 AWD

Hey everyone i am new to the forum, THAT IS COKO below… Hope all is well with everyone. I recently purchased a black 2008 infiniti ex35 with a java interior for my birthday in june by the end of the month threw some 20 inch dezenyo's on em and i cant wait to start making some more mod's. Right now she is in the shop getting her lights smoked…. Thinking about what i should do next

minivini
Car: 2008 EX35, 1973 Austin Mini (1275)

Hi! We bought our 2008 EX35 Journey AWD about 14 hours ago :gapteeth:
I'm already looking online for performance upgrades :ohno:
Actually, I'm looking for the best rooftop accessories at the moment. The reviewers weren't kidding about the lack of rear space! Still, this car handily beat out a 2009 RDX and 2009 X3 in the same price range. That 3.5l engine makes pressing the accelerator a little more fun than it should be!
My wife and I are planning to spend a little time this evening overcoming the learning curve - this thing definitely has a learning curve! She got in it this morning and I had to go help her crank it (the footbrake was engaged and it wouldn't start? That was weird). There should be regular webinars on proper initial use of this car.

Anyhow, wanted to stop in and say howdy from SC before diving in and looking around at everyone's toys and suggestions.
HOWDY
minivini (Vince)

ngrattan
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey

Hi Everyone,
My first Infiniti, and I love the EX compared to the price of the competitors.
I bought a used 2008 Journey AWD black/ graphite - Premium / Luxe Interior / Nav.
What I'm dealing with right now are the factory Dunlop tires. Yuck!
Noisy and it feels like I'm driving a truck? After reading the forum's reviews,
I'm leaning towards the Goodyear CT Grand Touring. Just want to say
I've enjoyed reading the reviews of fellow EX35ers. Very helpful and informative
as I'm learning about my new car. It just might be my favorite one of all! Fingers crossed...
P.S. Can I have my Ipod connecting cable hooked up without worrying about battery drain?
Thanks!
Nancy

Bob C.
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey

Greetings from Victoria, B.C. I own a 2008 EX35 Journey purchased new from the local dealer and currently have about 73,000 kms. on it. It has been an excellent car with the exception of the screaming front parking sensors every time I'm at an intersection with an abundance of steel telephone or traffic light poles. The dealer even changed then for me free of charge on the warranty last month and the problem persists!! As one of the members said thank God for the off switch.

I noted some owners complaining about their gas costs. My dealer expressly told me to use regular gas if I wished. it would not effect the warranty and that's all they use on their demonstrators. I'm actually using mid grade with the 89 octane rating and do not note any lack of power.

One question has anyone had any problem with the black finish coating on their steering wheel spokes wearing off ? Mine is in one spot and it's not an area I even touch while driving.

EXceptional

Bob C. wrote:One question has anyone had any problem with the black finish coating on their steering wheel spokes wearing off ? Mine is in one spot and it's not an area I even touch while driving.
Welcome to the Forum...

Here's a thread on the problem >>> steering-wheel-replacement-ex35-2008-t519612.html

bulls4ever
Car: 2008 EX35 Jouney w/ Technology Package

XIS wrote:Hi folks,

Just traded my RDX in over the weekend for an 08 EX35, Journey - I think! - some kind of cool silver with black leather. ... Having fun so far!
This is my first Infiniti - coming from several Acuras and Lexus models. Very happy with the quality. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

:cool:
thats weird ... My wife got a brand new RDX (2012 model) while i traded my GTi for the EX35 Journey.

why did you trade the RDX for the EX35? she was a toyota driver and going to acura was a big step .. for her lol

parkstr8r
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q70S
2016 Gt-R
2018 Audi Q7
2016 Audi S6 (gone)

I just traded my 2011 G37S coupe for an EX - and we have an FX.

This mod I am in love with. I want the bbk from the G on my Ex - so i'll have to read more. Is there a DIY for this? I couldn't locate it.

I also see you put the 370Z rims on...did you use the staggared set up - of buy four of the same for all corners?

-s-

iMAK
Car: 2011 Nissan Maxima
2009 Infiniti EX35

Hi everyone,

Greeting from Bahrain I joined this forum because I am planning to get an EX35 soon. Regards,

EXceptional

Welcome everybody !

Kuma
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey AWD (Premium and Deluxe Touring Packages)

Hello everyone!

Second time owner of an EX35 here. I traded in a 2011 Sonata to get my black on black 2011 EX35 with the Premium and Deluxe Touring packages. As was the case with my '08 model, quality, ride and fit and finish are second to none! My fiancee and I are loving it!! :cool:

I was going to post a picture, but it doesn't seem to be letting me for some reason. :frown:

EXceptional

Welcome back with # 2

How are you coding your Picture(s)?

Kuma

When I click on reply, there is a little button directly above the text box that says "Img". I have tried clicking that, copying/pasting pics in, and I even tried dragging pictures over from a folder on my computer. Nothing seems to be working. :confused:

EXceptional

You need to host your Pictures on something like www.PhotoBucket.com

Once you set up an account (free), then you send the JPEG's to a personal e-Mail address thats generated for you.

Then afterwards, you open up your account, and you'll see all of your Pictures in there. Next, you copy and paste the special coding for each Picture into here.

Look up www.Photobucket.com

There are many others out there, but www.Photobucket.com is the one I use.

I have hundreds of Pictures in there, and it hasn't cost me a dime.

Kuma

There we go! That's my baby! :biggrin: Thanks for the help EXceptional!

EXceptional

Job well done!

EX35 looks good !

Mandragora
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX AWD Journey, Premium, Deluxe Touring

Hi everyone,

Just got my 2012 EX35 AWD Journey last week, nearly bankrupting myself on options, packages, and accessories, but they're all awesome (except the OEM crossbars), and I doubt anyone here will blame me. It's Obsidian Black with a graphite interior. I live in a 4-season climate and have a white golden retriever, so I'm enjoying the inner and outer blacks while they last! Thanks for all the helpful info I've already seen in the forum and look forward to learning more from you!

P.S. I paid waaaay more than what people said they paid in that thread. I hope I didn't get screwed! (I did pay in the range Consumer Reports said I should expect to pay.)

MCathieE
Car: 2008 Infinit EX35
Premium Nav & Tech

Hello everyone:

I take delivery of my '08 EX on Wedensday. I sold my Crossfire roadster but was an active member of that forum for years so I am a big fan. As a single woman who likes to to take care of her vehicles, I was grateful for all the help offered on the forum. I am looking forward to participating on the EX forum.

Cathie
Aspen Pearl/black interior

EXceptional

Welcome Cathie, to the Forum.

QuattroRocket

Hey all, just bought a 2012 for the wife and found this forum a few hours ago. No pics yet as the car is still being moved to the dealer and we are going out of town for a couple days so we wont likely take delivery for a week or so.

2012 Ex 35
ext: Black
int: Black
Premium, Journey and Nav package.

We are coming from a Nissan Rogue and the wife is pretty damn excited.

EXceptional

Welcome to the forum.

We're excited too..

danncas
Car: 2011 EX35 2012 Fiat 500, 2004 Tbird
F250 pickup ,2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
Had Saab 93 Aero's. MB, BMW 530xi, BMW M3 1996 x90 and many more,,

iMAK wrote:Hi everyone,

Greeting from Bahrain I joined this forum because I am planning to get an EX35 soon. Regards,
Greeting . I use to spend some time their too. Hot enough for ya.
AC is a must

danncas
Car: 2011 EX35 2012 Fiat 500, 2004 Tbird
F250 pickup ,2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
Had Saab 93 Aero's. MB, BMW 530xi, BMW M3 1996 x90 and many more,,

Intresting forum and infromation here Not as active as some of the other fourm I belong to for the other cars i own
2011 Infiniti left over. New
2008 BMW Xi was new lol
2012 Fiat 500
2006 Saab Areo Combi
1996 X 90
2004 T ibird
2006 F 150 D
Thats it for now.

Tuvalu
Car: 2012 Journey AWD

Hello from Maryland ! I am the proud owner of a 2012 Journey AWD. Black Ext./Wheat Int. Like some of the post I have read, I went to the dealership to test drive a FX, until I saw the price. There was an EX35 beside it, test drove it and fell in love. The majority of reviews say that its too small but it fits my needs. I am able to fit my large dog crate ( for a whippet) without any problems and with room to spare. My previous vehicle was an 07 Jeep Wrangler with 3.5 lift and Mickey Thompson 35' tires until some idiot hit me in a nissan sentra and totaled it. Yes it is a drastic change but I had a love/hate relationship with that Jeep and the mechanical problems I had with it out weighed the love so I chose not to get another one.

My Journey now has 1700 miles on it. I made a mistake and rev it above 6000 rpm tonight so I hope I did not mess the engine up. Some of the mods I have already done:

1. 20% Tint/360
2. Clear Coat
3. Interior Coating
4. Weather Tech Floor Mats

Probably won't do anything else to it for a while other than to enjoy it. In a year my put in new K&N intake and better exhaust. Look forward to surfing the site. It is very informative.

Peace

KyzonQC
Car: EX35 Infiniti 2011

Hi,
happy to share my proudness of being emotionnaly and physically moved by a mysterious, rare and beautiful Crossover called EX. :)
My baby is a refined exterior obsidien black...black on black inside with a luxurious wooded touch.

My lovely japanese cruise missile makes me proud and smily when my side glance throught my rear view mirror depicted me another German mainstream victim perplexed by an unexplicable situation: how a lowest prized car can be prettiest and faster than his own? :chuckle:

Last edited by KyzonQC on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:00 am, edited 10 times in total.

FXist
Car: 09 Infiniti FX50S
11 Mini Cooper S Countryman All4
07 BMW X5 4.8i (SOLD)
07 MB ML63 AMG (SOLD)
08 EX35 Journey (SOLD)
07 Acura MDX SH-AWD Elite (SOLD)
03 FX35 AWD (SOLD)
03 Murano SE AWD (SOLD)

Hello everyone, I just bought an 08 EX Journey/premium package last Friday, before I drove Murano and FX35 both 03. Great VQ engines, but sold both and got an 07 MDX for the wife and 08 EX for me. Great and fast car....hope to learn more from you all. Just put a new set of winter tires, Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 for winter. :mike

Noshpic
Car: Infiniti EX 35 AWD

Hello dear members of this forum.

I just bought an 08 EX AWD with Deluxe, tech navi and premium package (maybe the names of packages are different but the car has every option that dealer was giving at that point). It's black with beige interior and maple wood trim. Thanks a lot to the forum as it played some role when I was choosing the car. As I look through majority of treads to gain more information on the car before buying. Was initially looking for BMW 330xi but then read about EX35 and fall in love in it. I am totally happy with this car so far. And I leave in Northwestern Ontario and I think there is like one more or two of these cars in town. So it's really eye catching.
So far bought an oem roof rack (looks great) and yakima ski rack (didn't install yet). Bought weathertech floor mats as have 6 months of winter (fits perfectly and works great keeping the carpet clean). Also bought scoshe charging adapter, but it's still on it's way.

So far have a few questions I couldn't find answers on.
1) After a few weeks of owning the car. When the temperature went down to 0-10 degrees Celsius. The chrome button on the outside of the trunk stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix it or diagnose the problem? when I touch just the rubber button on the trunk it works perfectly. Any suggestions?

2) And also have sometimes very weird beeping coming from outside of the car.
When I start the car and switch it to drive or reverse. I can hear that the car is beeping. And the beep is coming from under the hood. The same beep when you close the door with button on the door but much longer like 5-4 seconds. I have a guess that it might be battery in the intelligent key, but not sure. Want to be sure that its nothing serious. Please help on this issue!

Cheers
Sasha

memremkr
Car: 2012 EX35

Just picked up our brand new 2012 EX35. Stickered for 44,300, paid 37,900. Probably could have driven 250 miles and found one for another 1000 off but not a bad deal in the end. The Infiniti Dealer buying experience was beyond phenomenal. It was a 10+++. We looked at Acura's and Cadillacs before making the final decision (RDX and SRX). Came close to buying the SRX but the dealer let us walk out twice over 100.00 and the buying experience was like GM circa 1974.This (EX35) was the only vehicle we neither had to climb up into (or climb up out of now that I think of it - as it pertains to a few other cars we checked out along the way). We did not need a great deal of "hauling room" and my wife is fairly petite.... so it ended up being perfect. The Surround View system is really something. The seats make the Cadillacs seem like concrete park bench's in comparison. Looks like our first Infiniti may not be our last. Have fun all! ;)

AllTurBo

Hey guys,

I used to be fairly active on this forum back in the day when I was into Nissan 240's. I had a few 240sx's including a convertible that swapped with an SR.

I recently picked up an 08' infiniti EX35 and so far I am really diggin' it.

Just wanted to reintroduce myself and say what's up after quite a few years.

I always found this forum to be a great resource and hopefully that has continued over the years. I look forward to learning more about the EX and contributing where I can.

-Cliff

ex35cloud
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX 35 Journey/Silver

Hello everyone,

I purchased my fully loaded 2008 EX35 Journey with 16,000 miles in 2011. I am very pleased with my purchase. I enjoy the elegant look, the smooth ride, all the gadgets and the power of the crossover. My cons are the Compact back seat, low mpg, and the required premium fuel. Heads do turn my way when my EX35 Journey appears. Although the cons are important this vehicle was too irresistable for me to leave on the lot. Lol Until next time drive safe.

Always,

EX35cloud

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”