Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
agentx100
Car: Infiniti EX35 2011

Just want to say hello to all from Montreal,Canada
I just purchased an EX35 2011 as a demo with about 8K km -drove a Mazda rx8 before

inka1
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey w/Premium & Tech packages

Hello All, I'm a new/pre-owned 2008 EX35 with Tech & Prem packages owner downsizing from a 2006 Volvo XC90 V8. Looking forward to better gas mileage. I love this EX!!! Looking forward to years of trouble-free service....and any helpful hints from the seasoned EX'ers.

sweetinabug

Hello Everyone! Another new girl here. Got my 2011 EX AWD Journey, Premium package, Graphite shadow/ graphite interior 6 days ago! I'm loving it so far. It's taking me a while to get used to the GPS though, but I'm learning. It's my first infiniti, my last car was a nissan suny 1994 model (gave it to my mom a few years ago).
Any advice/ tips for me? I was wondering if there's a power button for the rear liftgate?

Hono
Car: 2011 Infinity EX35

Aloha and G'day from Waikiki...

New platinum EX35 just to hand Tuesday. First EX for us, but we've been driving a G35 since 2003. Loved the G and service at our Honolulu dealer has been exemplary so buying a new EX35 was not a difficult decision. Especially after my parking-challenged Sheila was smitten by the backup video camera system...

BTW Dean your moderator avatar is inspired. Ditto on the letter-play with your moniker. Nice...

gio14
2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
2004 Nissan Sentra

Hello everyone! We just bought a 2011 EX35, we're picking it up in just a few hours!! :) Gunmetal with blk interior with all the tech toys. Were so excited, we have secretly been in love with this car for a long time. We have always loved the funky body design, maybe cause it reminds us of my bmw zcoupe we luv so much, they sort of look related lol. We stopped by a benz dealership b4 this, tried the c300 since they have pretty good deals and it was in our price range. Also saw the x3, felt nice but the interior was too bland.

Then we stopped by infinity knowing that the EX was a bit more then we wanted to spend. Good Lord we fell in love, the salesman was actually a pretty cool guy and gave a full tech demo b4 we test drove it..OMG this thing is a tech monster so so many features, at this point the interior BLEW away the benz and the x3 by a very very long shot, they just looked cheap in comparison, the interior of this thing is really posh. At this point i'm thinking ye right this is probly the souped up model with all the extras that will cost a bundle..comes to find out ALL standard. With Benz and BMW everything was extra, seats aren't even leather. Then comes the test drive, long story short we had perma-grin. It's a beast, power, comfort, luxury and so many tech toys, the added space in the back with the fold down seats will come in handy. We decided to get some numbers, guess it couldn't hurt. Comes to find out my company has some deal with Infinity so i qualified for the VPP deal and this month there matching the vpp with employee pricing. So we got a pretty sweet deal fell in our budget and....SOLD. 1 hour till we pick up, quite stoked. We've been eyeing this bb for a while. We were set on getting a white car but the white model had wheat interior which did not feel all that sexy like the blk interior we test drove, looked way to easy to get dirty, plus the white and bottom black guards running around the car was too contrasty 4 us. We saw the gun metal, blk interior and viola'. 1 hour and counting :) Will post some pictures soon!!!

trife
Car: 2010EX35

Hi guys, I have to say I have been searching this forum for the past month before I bought. There is a lot of great knowledge and advice here. I am the proud owner of a 2010 EX35 w/ Nav & aero kit, well my wife is anyway. It's Blue Slate and I love how it looks with the aero kit on it. I'm in Toronto and got a used US model from a local dealer. Came with the lit door sills and a roof rack, missing the tonneau cover and the cargo mat. I've seen the price for the oem cover and its cheaper to just get the windows tinted!

Anyway look forward to asking questions & hopefully responding to a few.

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

Hi folks,

Just traded my RDX in over the weekend for an 08 EX35, Journey - I think! - some kind of cool silver with black leather. ... Having fun so far!
This is my first Infiniti - coming from several Acuras and Lexus models. Very happy with the quality. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

:cool:

tangywaffle
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37xS
2008 Infiniti EX35
1997 Infiniti Q45t

So,I had (or still have) a 97 Q45t, but with 150k miles and numerous issues. With a new job and a new family I decided it was time for a new vehicle. I luckily stumbled upon a 2010 G37xS - best purchase of my life. However, I still found myself in my old Q, and the little lady was always in the G. We needed another car, and being a loyal Infiniti owner we took a trip to the dealership. I was expecting to find a used G, or perhaps I could make another upgrade and find myself an M. While I had a mind fap with the new G 'vert in the showroom my wife asked excitedly "What are those?!" while clutching my arm and pointing to a row of compact SUVs in the lot. Maybe it's a crossover? I was familiar with every model in the Infiniti line, but I had never seen the EX. We checked them out, and drove away with a 2008 EX35 Journey AWD with all the tech stuff. It's Aspen Pearl with the tan leather. It's perfect for the missus, but she still prefers the G37xS. Can you blame her? Now, what to do with the old Q?

ckong1
Car: 2009 EX35 Journey AWD

Been an owner of a 2008 EX Journey AWD for about a month. Loving it so far, cant remember if i've introduced myself on the forum yet. I have a few projects in mind and looking forward to the resources here.

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome aboard !

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

New member here.

Just wanted to stop in and say 'Hi'.

My wife and I just picked up her well optioned 2008 EX Journey AWD last week. The purchase was a bit unexpected; when my wife saw the car, it was love at first sight!

Since message forums like these provide tons of information for owners, I had to find one for this car. It seems like this board is the most comprehensive and complete one I could find for the EX, and I look forward to being here.

Just wanted to keep this intro short. I'll be sure to post our story shortly about us buying the car, and my thoughts and opinions on it.

Thanks,
NJGuy

The_drake

Just returned the wife's leased 2008 EX35 and leased a new 2011 EX35 AWD Journey for less than the '08.

Liquid Platinum/graphite 2011 AWD Journey Premium Package with:
roof rails, cross bars, splash guards, cargo protector & illuminated kick plates.

MSRP= $43,190
24 month lease at $399/mo, 10K/yr
Total at the door price was $2,100 (including TTL, bank fee, etc)

GerryW
Car: 09 ex35 AWD journey, premium, tech

Hi All

Glad to have found this forum......great group, clearly :yesnod
I recently bought myself a 2009 Ex AWD in Slate Blue with the Wheat interior.
LOVE IT!!..... I have every extra, sonar, advanced light, Bose, etc etc. But no navigation, which I'm not too bothered about.

Bought the 'car' as a winter driver for my wife...... She drives a 2010 Mazda sport. With winter tires it's OK here in Vancouver BC. But I wanted something a little better. This thing is great.....forget the snow.

If reliability holds up, it's got 50000 km's and runs for the next 18 months trouble free. I'll sign for a new 1.

Anyways.... All the best and drive safe! ;)

AtlantaDave
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey+Premium Package

Hello All,

I bought my 2011 EX Journey w/Premium Package last week and read posts in this forum extensively to research the pros/cons (among other makes/models) before finally deciding on the EX.

The 2009 370z I traded was my third 2-seat sports car and I really wanted something different. The EX fit the bill and it's quite a bargain for the money. Wow.

I'm surprised at the "get up and go", but I do miss the "growl" of the Z. First, however, will be tint and a clear bra.

Anyhoot, just wanted to register and say "hi!".
Last edited by AtlantaDave on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

Welcome everyone!!!
Glad to see this forum picking up some speed!

:)

djvic
Car: '08 Infiniti EX35

Hi All,

This is my first post. Just traded in my Infini 06' G35 Coupe for 08' EX35 fully loaded. Like the car so far with all the electronics. Looking forward on contributing my experiences in the forum. Thanks!

Victor.

izzy74
Car: 2005 FX 35
2008 EX 35

Aloha from Hawaii!

I love my FX35 so much that I convinced my wife to trade in her Juke for an EX. I own a black FX with black interior and she owns an EX that is ice white with beige! Joined the club to learn valuable information on diy stuff and get advice if I need it from fellow owners.

Hono

izzy74 wrote:Aloha from Hawaii!

I love my FX35 so much that I convinced my wife to trade in her Juke for an EX. I own a black FX with black interior and she owns an EX that is ice white with beige! Joined the club to learn valuable information on diy stuff and get advice if I need it from fellow owners.
And Aloha back at you izzy74
Most happy to see another island based EX owner onboard --- especially one with the unusual juxtaposition of Infinitis (or is the plural Infiniti?) you bring to the party. Suspect you've already ascertained your wife now enjoys the faster CUV and one with marginally better handling too! Not to worry, your FX excels in the far more important category of number of cases of beer & wine that can be brought home from Costco in a single trip. A fair trade-off IMO, especially given our 3rd-world driving environment here in Hawaii...

Once you've gotten a bit more seat time in the EX (providing of course you are allowed to drive it) I for one would be interested in hearing your views about how the FX and EX stack up against each other. Probably a matter of interest for other EX owners also since few people are lucky enough to simultaneously own both an FX and an EX. Moreover, the FX vs. EX. subject has not been covered in the motor magazines, or at least the ones I've perused...

Am especially curious since I almost pulled the FX string back in 2003. Alas, FX's size was a problem --- with only a single condo parking stall my Sheila and I must share and after a test drive she deemed the FX "too [expletive deleted] big". Force to chose between an FX and sleeping alone out on the couch we drove a G for eight years before buying our EX...

XIS
17 QX30 Sport

interested in hearing your comparison of the EX and the Juke too. That is an interesting cuv that looks like it is similar size inside to the EX... maybe a little smaller?

SilverMax01
Car: 2012 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey - Black on Black

2001 Nissan Maxima SE 20th Anniversary Edition 5sp/Manual

1997 BMW M3 5Spd Coupe - Black on Black

Just posted over in the "what did you pay..." thread, but figured I'd introduce myself here too. Just closed a deal on a new 2012 EX35 AWD Journey Black on Black with Premium package...still waiting for it to be picked up and delivered here...we can't wait!

I'm an avid weekend mechanic and will be doing all maintenance and repairs on this car (like all my others) from day-one. First order of business is to find a set of OEM 17" rims to mount some snow tires on...if anyone has a set they want to unload after upgrading to custom wheels or whatever let me know.

R1chard
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Take the car to Autozone / Advance Auto Parts and have them check the battery (under load as well) for free.

mexxi
Car: 10' EX35, 05' X-Trail

Hello from Capital of Alberta, Canada. This is my first Infiniti. I have a 2010 EX35 Journey AWD with Premium Package. I have had it for about a month. My wife and I love it so far especially in Canadian winter. We used to own many other makes and models, and wound up back with another Nissan products in the family :) I look forward to sharing my experience with and learning from other EX fellows here. Cheers.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site, everyone.

I look forward to your participation and input.

Check out the other forums like the "general discussion" one.

370ex35

Hello,

My wife and I just purchased a demo 2011 EX premium in platinum ice. We really love this vehicle. It's very luxurious and sporty as well. The all wheel drive is incredible. We also have a 2010 Nissan 370 Z. The EX is a very welcome addition to the family.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Forum.

box_of_lego
Car: EX35

Hi All,
Picked up a 2008 on Dec 31 2011 the dealer owes me a vanity mirror and a front sensor, but otherwise great shape !
This is replacing my Mercedes E320 4matic.

I like the way this vehicle drives , and so far i like the engine.. the sound and the response and the available horsepower :woot: . Hopefully it will hold a set of drums or a bunch of sails !
The power rear seat (up/down) is cool ... but a power liftgate would be nice
Now i also need to hit the stealership up for an iPod cable.. it shoulda come with right ? ... see if that spare tire mounted subwoofer will pump !
2008 Infiniti EX35
Black current on Stone grey

Cheers

hawkeye_ex35
Car: 2008 EX35
2002 BMW M3 Convertible

I registered a while ago when I was looking for EX35 information and since I just bought an 08 EX35 AWD Journey, Dark Currant with wheat interior, premium and navigation packages, about a week ago it's time to introduce myself. So far so good - love the look and the way it drives. Impressed with the build quality and the interior layout.

I'm from Iowa City which would normally mean winter driving - not so far this year. Actually looking forward to some snow to see how this car does.

Learned a lot so far just browsing - nice forum.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Forum, both of you guys.

MannyR
Car: 2012 EX35 Premium

Hello to all. Proud owner of my second EX35...Just swapped my 2009 with 37,000km for a 2012 Premium with sweet 19" rims.

shelby
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX

Hello!

I just got my "new to me" CPO 2009 EX AWD Journey.
I upgraded from a 2004 Honda Civic. :)

I am a bit anxious to see how this car does in the snow/ice. I live in New England and my driveway is a curvy/hilly/steep 1/4 long trek. Hoping my EX does well!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”