Welcome to the EX35 Forum, introduce yourself...

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

Welcome to the site, Tess...

Hopefully somebody will chime in and help you out.

TKK35
Car: EX35 2010 Lease Prices - What deal did you get in New England?

Thanks so much.

CDNicecube
Car: 2010 EX35 Journey+Tech+Navi

Hi all

Happy New Year to all!

I've already been posting without having properly introduced myself. New 2010 EX AWD owner with Navi+Tech +Journey packages. Black on Black, the way I like it! Live and work in Canada (Ottawa). I have a wonderful wife and 4 great kids, 2 dogs - and have a minivan as a people/animal mover.

The EX is my DD. I had an 04 Acura RSX that I traded in. I love the luxury, power, style, practicality and handling of the EX. Quiet as a cathedral as well! Love the Bose system. And I just got winter tires on with rims; our little EXs handle great in the snow, albeit we did not have much here.

I did about 2,500KM on it since November 12th (that is about 1,700 miles). I don't like the consumption which is overing over 13l/100km according to the trip computer - but I knew this before purchasing the car: this is not meant to be a cheap A to B transportation. Nonetheless, I do hope consumption will improve as the engine breakin period passes. I am hoping for something around 11l/100km at that time in mixed driving. But really, this is a minor issue for me.

I would also love to have this car with a MT. Anyone tried a swap? Haaaaa, I need my MT fix. I guess this is why I keep a MX-5 around (but in storage).

Hope everyone is well!
Last edited by CDNicecube on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

EXceptional

Welcome and thank-you for the intro.

protege5
Car: 2003 Mazda P5

Well, as my username suggests, I currently own a 2003 Mazda P5. It's been an incredible car for 7.5 years and it has made me an avid fan of the Mazda line. I've been drooling over a MazdaSpeed3 for several years now.

So, what the heck am I doing on the EX35 forum, right?

2 things -1) I think I may actually buy a new car this year. Woo-hoo! 2) I'm not one of these people that gets a new car every few years; I tend to keep them for a while which leads me to this -> for as much as I LOVE about the MazdaSpeed3's (the power, the hatch, the styling, yes the styling :biggrin: ) I don't like the "boy-racer" stigma attached to it. I'm 35 now and I'm beginning to think that if I got one this year, I may actually begin to regret it as I approach my 40's wishing that I had treated myself to more of a luxury vehical. But I don't want to give up that "hot-hatch" appeal.

The market for a luxury "hot-hatch" is pretty slim. Basically, you have the Volvo C-30, if you want to call that luxury. But at only 2 doors and an antiquated storage space thanks to the styling of the glass hatch, it falls short for me.

Enter the EX35. While the EX35 is marketed as a CUV (a mistake by Infiniti, IMHO), it certainly retains some of the qualities I would look for in a luxury hot hatch - ample storage space (by hot-hatch standards, not SUV standards), plenty of power (297 horses? Hell, yeah!), AWD, and plenty of the Infiniti luxury/technology. Only 2 strike against it from my point of view - 1) no stick shift available 2) it sits a bit too high...both issues I'm pretty sure I can overcome.

So anyway, that's why I'm here - gaining info. I should probably get back to work now.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site... and hopefully, you'll buy one !

EX-KAT-35
Car: EX35, V70R, Civic

Hello Guys and Gals,

I guess I am one of the few girls on Nico. My name is Kathy.

I am new here but have owned my EX for a little over a year now. I am loving it. My choices were between the BMW X3, Audi Q5, Mercedes GLK, and Volvo XC60.

Well Infiniti won out on price and content and the surround view parking assist, lane departure, and automatic cruise control.

So far so good... except I had the tiny 17-inch wheels.

Considered getting the Infiniti 19-inch 10-spoke wheels from the G37. After discussing and car watching at length with my BF we considered those too much work for me to keep clean. Next came the idea to get the 18-inch Nissan 5-stars... from the 350Z we considered them too plain. Then we cast our eyes on the staggered 370Z split-spoke 5-star wheels.

Clean, fresh, and we have not seen them on any other EX ... EVER so after 2 Christmases of teasing me. Last week my BF woke me out of sleep to this:

Tell me what u guys think.
TRANSFORMATION:

EXceptional

Very nice... and it's a White one too, like mine.

Welcome to the Forum

EX-KAT-35
Car: EX35, V70R, Civic

EXceptional wrote:Very nice... and it's a White one too, like mine.

Welcome to the Forum
Thank You for the welcome EXceptional I like your screen name :inoutgay:

EXceptional

Thank you... :dblthumb:

Dean...Alberta, Canada.
NICO EX35 Moderator.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
Loaded with all the Toys.

Meercat
Car: Looking...

Hello:

Just signed up on the forum. I'm shopping for a 2008 EX35 and am learning a lot from everyone already!

tpbrown3
Car: Ex35

Hey, just bought a 08 EX35 journey. Love it! Can't wait to dig in and really learn the car. I have been a long time Honda/Acura fan (most recently a 2007 TL TYPE S) so I feel like I am cheating a little bit on them but at the same time feel they have been cheating on me/consumers lately and not listening to what we really want so here I am. Glad to be a part of the forum.

EXceptional

Welcome...

There's lots of stuff on here, so check it all out !

Post some pictures of your Car.

Tasman
Car: 2011 EX35 - All Options

Just wanted to say Hi. I bought the 2011 EX35 a couple of weeks ago and it was fully equipped. Graphite Journey with every option other than than the aero package. I had a 2003 G35 sedan and I loved that car. Very few miles but I had a smile every time I drove it. I fell in love with Infiniti with that first test drive of the G35 and my love has never stopped. It was the only car that I loved besides my Datsun 510 that was fully BRE modified. I guess that is showing my age but that was when I was a kid.

Being retired, my plan was to slim down to one car that meet both of our needs and the EX35 met that. It feels agile like the G35 and still has some ability to haul things like my wife's Honda CRV. It was actually a compromise between the two. We visited the Portland (Oregon) Auto Show this year to look at all the vehicles that would meet our needs. The first place we went to was the Infiniti booth. My wife was wise to me. Gulp. But we looked at the Audi (unreliable), BMW (nice but maintenance issues), Volvo (personally hate the cars for no apparent reason). Lexus was old and Acura was ugly. Even looked at the Cadillac but my head hit the room when I sat in it and when I was entering the vehicle. Through that long day at the Auto Show, my wife wanted to go back to look at the EX35 again. She is more petite than I and she really liked the vehicle. Bingo!

The EX35 is now in our garage after purchasing it for Beaverton Infiniti. I would not drive it until I had the clear mask installed by 503motoring. I had a clear bra installed on the G35 and was sold on that investment. I have read through the manuals and have a few issues with Music Box and the labels. Hate the trial period of Weather but love XM radio and traffic.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Site.

You know what to do now, right ?

Post some Pictures !

morgan1130
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD.
White/Black
Full loaded.

Finally made my first post!

Been reading the forum since I moved to Canada from SF Bay area, back to the days when EX was still a concept, 3.5 yrs ago.
Yes, I've been reading the forum for long enough but never registered til last week, after I drove my first Infiniti home.

Feel my life been changed dramatically since I moved to Canada: New job, met my wife, had our first baby daughter last year, bought a new apartment... and sadly I had to say goodbye to my beloved 11 yrs old Mitsubishi V6 3.0... and welcome the EX to my family. :) Life is now completed, period.

Within the budget, could only get an used 08' EX. Been shopping around for the specific color -white with black interior with all packages loaded... it was hard to find one and took me almost 6 month, until one fine afternoon I walked to this dealer (where I been there several times) and saw mine. Just arrived a day before and not even have a stock# yet. (otherwise the sells would have called me)

After a long test drive, though it's a 2008, but feel like brand new inside and out, driving is fantastic of course... plus it was a local car purchased from another Infiniti dealer nearby. Love almost everything about it except I forgot to check the famous telescope steering wheel problem...dealer will have it replaced.

Thank to you all on the forum, learning a lot from you and knowing what I should expect/deal with. While the car will be mainly used by my wife, (once she gets her Canadian license, since I live close enough and can just take shuttle bus to work) I will still enjoy some weekend rides for sure. (or hope she will never pass the driving test :chuckle: )

To EXceptional: I think mine is exactly like yours :)

EXceptional

Looks exactly like mine... but a lot cleaner... :chuckle:

Welcome back to Canada and welcome to the Club !

Look forward to your participation on the EX35 Forum.

Dean...Alberta, Canada.
NICO EX35 Moderator.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD

spacebat
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hi. Just turned in my beloved Acura TL for an 2008 EX35. Love the tech and the ride. A bit smaller at home than it looked in the dealership but I'm sure it'll work. I wanted a bit more utility than the sedan and I think this is a very good compromise. Couldn't bring myself to buy a big SUV or a small four banger after the Acura. Anyway, see you around.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Forum... and look forward to your input on here.

Post some Pictures!

Dean...Alberta, Canada.
NICO EX35 Moderator.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD

tpbrown3
Car: Ex35

Thanks, will do. Just tinted it for the black on black effect. Is there a body kit that works on the 08 with the tech package? I want it to look like the factory aero package thats on the 2011 model. Nothing over the top.

EdmontonEX35
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey, Premium, Nav

Hello all, I'm a proud owner of 2011 Grey EX35, Journey, Premium, and Nav package...Loving it so far :chuckle: . I will be checking this site out lots in the future for all the info I might need. Thanks!

Pics to come.

EXceptional

Welcome to the Forum.

Be sure to get those Pictures posted !

I'm from Edmonton, too... and I'm the Moderator of the EX35 Forum.

Cheers...

Dean...Alberta, Canada.
NICO EX35 Moderator.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD

EdmontonEX35
Car: 2011 EX35 Journey, Premium, Nav

Thanks EXceptional, I like my colour, however, I love the white with blacked out windows! I think that will be the first aftermark touch, window tint. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

EXceptional

These people have done many Cars & Trucks for me.

http://www.europeanautotinting.com/

They are on the South-side, just North of Weber Motors, 103A Street and 56 Avenue.

You need an Appt.

haktae
Car: Audi A4

Hello all from SF Bay Area!

Bought a 2011 EX35 AWD Journey (Moonlight White/Wheat) about a month ago.
No options other than roof rail, splash guard, and rear bumper protector.

I traded in 2002 Audi A4 1.8T quattro. Even though I really loved the Audi, I couldn't justify the repair cost.
So far, I'm very impressed with the EX. Surprisingly, the EX even out-handles the A4. I only have one little kid (4 yrs old), and both my wife and I are short. So, the back seat room is enough. Cargo room was not bad. I was able to fit 2 full size suit cases if I stack them, and I can use my 18 cubic feet Thule cargo box if I need more.

Hope to get a lot of useful information from this forum and also would like to contribute as much as I can.

Thanks!

Real10
Car: 2008 EX-35

Hello from NJ. Have 2008 EX-35 Journey with all options (16000 miles), and 2006 Acura TL.

EXceptional

Welcome to the forum, you guys!

Post some pictures of your EX35's.

Real10
Car: 2008 EX-35

I am not sure how to post the picture here.

pmadness
Car: 2008 EX35 RWD Journey
Silver

Hello. Southern California resident here. And I have recently become the owner of a 2008 Silver EX35. I have most of the options, except for that around view system. My previous car was a pearl white 2003 G35 coupe, 6 spd and 20 inch wheels. I loved that car and would have kept it longer. But alas, at 113k miles it started burning oil. At my final oil change (after 3200 miles), I was short about 1.5-2.0 qts of oil. The car still ran fine, but I decided to look for a new car before the G35 really started giving me problems. At first, I was looking for a new 2011 vehicle. Some of the vehicles at looked at were the Hyundai Tucson, VW Tiguan, Chevy Equinox, and the Subaru WRX. I was really close to ordering the new MINI Cooper Countryman. But the poor car reliability reputation that MINI had scared me off. Ultimately, I went with the '08 EX35 because nice interior, the tech goodies, and the sweet engine. To get a comparable '11 vehicle, I would have needed to spend lots more. And now, on to my impressions of the EX35:

1. Love the interior and tech stuff
2. A much smoother/quieter ride than I had in my G35. I'm sure my 20" wheels factored in on that.
3. I got 18.1 mpg on my first refill. This is the manually calculated figure, not the figure from the car computer. I was expecting a little higher. Now on my second tank, I'm driving a little more conservative. I wanna see how much that helps.
4. 17 inch rims are way too small for me. I see myself upgrading the wheels in the not too distant future. I'm leaning toward 19" because that's the size on the '11 cars. By the way, does anyone know what the offset on the 19" OEM wheels are? I'm searching for aftermarket wheels that match OEM wheels as close as possible.
5. Not too many EX35 owners mod their vehicles. I've browsed through this forum for ideas on rims, but I didn't come across too many examples.
6. I miss driving manual. I've been driving manual for 15 straight years. It feels weird driving an automatic. And the tiptronic shifter isn't really doing anything for me.

That's all I have to say now. If you managed to read through my entire rant, wow.... you must have been really bored. :)
Except for tinted windows, my car is bone stock. So if I ever do some mods to it, I'll post up here.

bye for now.
QL

peterwarner
Car: Infiniti EX 35

Just bought a new 2010 EX 35 here in Kelowna BC Canada 2 months ago. Very unhappy, had to call a tow truck 4 times in 8 weeks to jump start it, it keeps going dead, Dealer had it for two days and says nothing is wrong. Although they left the door open while installing the roof rack and it died. If you put any load at all on the battery when the engine is off the battery dies. I even left a phone charger plugged into the cigarette lighter for 45 minutes , with no phone attached, and when I returned the battery was dead.
I cannot park in my driveway as it may block my other vehicle. I have to go out two hours early before I need to drive it just to see if it died, and to allow time for a tow truck so I won't be late.
Anyone else having this problem??

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”