Welcome to the Armada/QX56 forum! Introduce yourself!

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
freshe46
Car: 04 E46 2.5
08 IS250

Hi All,

I am here to learn more about the qx56 as I am looking to purchase a 06qx56 soon. Any advice on what to look out for will be greatly appreciated!! By the way, you guys have some nice rides here!! Can't wait to get my hand on one. :biggrin:

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

freshe46 wrote:Hi All,

I am here to learn more about the qx56 as I am looking to purchase a 06qx56 soon. Any advice on what to look out for will be greatly appreciated!! By the way, you guys have some nice rides here!! Can't wait to get my hand on one. :biggrin:

Welcome to NICOclub! Sorry for the late greeting, but as the mod for this forum, we are thrilled to have you as a member of the Armada/QX56 Forum!

rbasales
Car: 2010 Armada Platinum, 06 Lexus RX400H, 05 Porsche 997S, 2000 Land Cruiser, 84 CJ7

Hello from the South Jersey!
I purchased a 2010 Armada Platinum last month. I have not owned a Nissan product since I had a 74 Datsun Wagon.
So far I like it; it is a great tow vehicle to pull the toys! The only thing that is frustrating is the GPS. I want the passenger to be able to input destinations while driving. I see lots of posts on this; however, I am looking for the step by step illustrated procedure. I am sure it is some where , but i can not find it. I would like to do it with a simple switch as I have read about. I am a gear head with lots of tools and experience, so if some one can point me in the right direction, I appreciate it!

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub rbasales! Glad to have you here! Sorry for the late greeting, but VERY busy with work!

Here is a link to this thread in the forum:

08-10-armada-qx56-watch-dvd-s-on-your-n ... 01458.html

Here is a link to the FSM (2009 is same as '08-'10):

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/armada/2009_Armada/

Pretty simple, I would suggest purchasing the pre-wired relay pack from Shane, but if you choose to use the DPDT switch, all you are doing is interrupting the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire, and interrupting the E-Brake wire. These wires are clearly labeled in the thread above and in the FSM.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I have personally performed both methods of this mod on several Armada and Murano models.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!! :)

coreym40
Car: 2005 Infiniti QX56

Hello all newbie here, just picked up a couple weeks ago a 2005 Infiniti QX56 and love it! Just found this forum and look forward to reading a lot on here. I will have to take some pics of my new ride to post up on here!

Thanks,
Corey M

Timmbo

Welcome to the Armada Forum! Cheers from the staff here at NICOclub Enjoy your new ride!

coreym40
Car: 2005 Infiniti QX56

Thanks so much Timmbo!

Corey M

deltagirl16

I am the proud, new owner of a 2008 QX56 is Serengeti Sand. Just got it last night :-) I was torn between this & the 2008 Mercedez-Benz GL320 or 450. I found this forum during my search and I thank you for all of the insight. I'm new to forums, so bear with me. I'm sure I'll be asking all kinds of questions. 1st one... is there a way to bypass the vack that you can't voice activate the navigation while driving? That's the only feature that I don't think they thought about too well.
Next question: How do I post a picture?

Timmbo

deltagirl16 wrote:I am the proud, new owner of a 2008 QX56 is Serengeti Sand. Just got it last night :-) I was torn between this & the 2008 Mercedez-Benz GL320 or 450. I found this forum during my search and I thank you for all of the insight. I'm new to forums, so bear with me. I'm sure I'll be asking all kinds of questions. 1st one... is there a way to bypass the vack that you can't voice activate the navigation while driving? That's the only feature that I don't think they thought about too well.
Next question: How do I post a picture?
Sorry for the delayed welcome, from the staff here at NICOclub, welcome to the Armada/QX56 Forum!!!!! We are thrilled to have you as a new member!@@@ :biggrin:

You will be glad you purchased the QX over the Mercedes!!!!

1) Can you please rephrase the question about the Navigation? Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but I do know that whatever it is, I know the answer.

2) To post a photo, click the "Img" button up above, and paste the URL of the photo in between "img" and "img"

Make sense? Enjoy the new ride, and PLEASE, ask me any questions!!!! :bigthumb:

cokey
Car: o4' neon srt4

hello all.. new to the site but not forums.. part of a few of them.. srt, lotus, ducati, etc.. i'm 30, just had my first kid, baby girl mikaela.. toying around in my neon srt4 isn't bad.. car seat fits well, highway mpg average 30-33 even with 600hp on tap since it is still a 4 banger.. but we want something big.. so, we both like the QX56.. checked out a used one yesterday.. so i'll be here reading up as i know people hate answering the same ?s over and over.. in this post though i'll ask just some.. is the armada and qx56 basically the same platform with just a different front end and price difference? i'm guessing the qx is a lil more luxury? now, i'm a drag racer, luxury doesn't always suite me well.. i'm use to the rattles and noise, feeling and hearing everything the car does.. of course which ever we get, i'll throw some performance parts on it.. maybe something to better the mpg and or lighten it up some..

cokey
Car: o4' neon srt4

ps: oh yea, of course i'll search but i have to ask.. anyone turbo one of these yet?

Timmbo

cokey wrote:hello all.. new to the site but not forums.. part of a few of them.. srt, lotus, ducati, etc.. i'm 30, just had my first kid, baby girl mikaela.. toying around in my neon srt4 isn't bad.. car seat fits well, highway mpg average 30-33 even with 600hp on tap since it is still a 4 banger.. but we want something big.. so, we both like the QX56.. checked out a used one yesterday.. so i'll be here reading up as i know people hate answering the same ?s over and over.. in this post though i'll ask just some.. is the armada and qx56 basically the same platform with just a different front end and price difference? i'm guessing the qx is a lil more luxury? now, i'm a drag racer, luxury doesn't always suite me well.. i'm use to the rattles and noise, feeling and hearing everything the car does.. of course which ever we get, i'll throw some performance parts on it.. maybe something to better the mpg and or lighten it up some..
Welcome aboard! I am there mod here in the Armada/QX56 Forum, and we are thrilled to have you as a new member!

The Armada (loaded anyway) and the QX56 are very much the same vehicle, interiors were slightly different from '04 - '07. From '08 and newer, the interiors were basically identical. Again, this is comparing an Armada LE to a QX56. The only features that are only available on the QX56 that Armada LE (again, this is 2008 and newer) does not have is Intelligent Cruise, Extra wood on the interior, Xenon Headlights, and rear Heated Seats.

The '04 and '05 models had some brake issues and some rattling issues, again, 2008 and newer is rock solid.

Hope this all helps, enjoy NICOclub! :bigthumb:

soul_hfk
Car: 2010 G37xS---08 QX56

hey every1 just picked up a used 08QX last week but here she is

and here my G

dandude000
Car: QX56-2005, RX400h-2008, Cts-V-2009,X5-2005

Just joining the group today...running her to the max and she still purrrrzzzzzzz

Trying to set a record for miles...anyone close?

Timmbo

Wow, and it still looks amazing!!! I do not know anyone close to that at all!!!!

fearzum
Car: 2007 Infiniti QX56

Just traded in my 06 M35x for a QX56. Going to miss the old girl at 175k great miles :frown: and looking forward to the QX56 to carry the crew. ;)

wxkat

Aloha everyone,
I'm from (and living in) Honolulu, Hawaii and have a 2011 QX56 on order. It was supposed to arrive this month but got delayed so should be arriving next month.

Timmbo

wxkat wrote:Aloha everyone,
I'm from (and living in) Honolulu, Hawaii and have a 2011 QX56 on order. It was supposed to arrive this month but got delayed so should be arriving next month.

Greetings from the the staff here at NICOclub! Glad to have you on board! Be sure to post up some photos of your new QX56 when it arrives!

jt165
Car: QX56

waiting for delivery of QX in early January ordered it loaded with bench cant wait this site has been a big help Thanks for all the good info

starfireS14

Great thread, I'm in market for a SUV and considering the Armada/QX. Will be doing some reading here for feedback.

5150ds
Car: 2005 G35 sedan

Hi, I am considering getting rid of my '06 Odyssey and buying and '10 Armada, but also considering Sequoia and Tahoe. I have a 05 G35 sedan with 115k on it (bought it new), which was my first Nissan. My only concern is reliability and was wondering if anyone has input as to the Armada's reliability. I will most likely buy used as the Armada seems to depreciate at a much faster rate than Sequoia or Tahoe. Any input is appreciated.

Timmbo

WELCOME TO NICOclub! Thrilled to have you here!

FIrst off, the 2010 Armada would be an AWESOME move! The '04-'05 years had some reliability issues. Anything 2008 and newer is rock solid and simply amazing. Lot more space and room inside then the Tahoe or new Sequoia. I am not sure what the used ones are actually selling for, but I have seen 2011 Platinum (EVERY OPTION) models that sticker just under $55K for around $46-$47K. This all depends on which trim level you are looking at, but they certainly have some aggressive deals on new ones. Let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to help. I owned a 2004 QX56, a 2008 Armada, and now a 2010 Armada.

uwhusky
Car: 2011 Infiniti QX56 4WD (arriving April 2011)

Hello All. New to the forum as of today.

Just put my deposit down on a 2011 Infiniti QX56 AWD (or 4WD) with the following options:

Moonlight White / Graphite Interior
Deluxe Touring
Theatre Package
Captains Chair Middle Row Seating
Rear Bumper Protector
Illumincated Kickplates
Cargo area mat, first aid kit, yada, yada

It's not due to arrive until May but I'm excited to hear what people think of theirs on this forum.

Thanks, Steve

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub! Congrats on the "soon to be" purchase! That is one amazing ride! It is the finest SUV made as far as I am concerned, and especially yours considering it will be so well equipped!

Keep us posted when it arrives, and we want pictures!!! :)

uwhusky

It's going to be a long 3 months.

Anyone think I made a mistake not getting the Technology Package?

DSGB
Car: 2008 QX56

Hello all, I've recently purchased a used 2008 QX, Lakeshoire on Wheat, with all the bells & whistles except heated sterring wheel and 4wd. Last month I totaled my 2005 Armada during the ice storm here in Atlanta, miss her dearly. No mechanical issue at all.
My Q should be arriving today or tomorrow as I cant wait.
Ive been reading and researching this forum for awhile and finally decided to join. Looking forward to the conversations and mods.....

Timmbo

uwhusky wrote:It's going to be a long 3 months.

Anyone think I made a mistake not getting the Technology Package?
Personally I would not spend the money on the Tech package, to me it is not worth the extra money. I can certainly see why someone would pay for it though, very cool advanced features.

Timmbo

DSGB wrote:Hello all, I've recently purchased a used 2008 QX, Lakeshoire on Wheat, with all the bells & whistles except heated sterring wheel and 4wd. Last month I totaled my 2005 Armada during the ice storm here in Atlanta, miss her dearly. No mechanical issue at all.
My Q should be arriving today or tomorrow as I cant wait.
Ive been reading and researching this forum for awhile and finally decided to join. Looking forward to the conversations and mods.....
Congrats on the QX56! You will love the '08 much better then your '05 Armada. They made a lot of significant changes on the '08 Armada and '08 QX56. I love Lakeshore! I have it on my Platinum Armada!!!!!!! Nice choice! :bigthumb:

uwhusky

Found out recently that my 2011 QX56 is ahead of schedule. Instead of being here early May, it is now set to arrive on April 11th! Getting very excited to see it.

First things to do to it are clearbra and DVD modification so my wife can watch movies on the front screen when I'm driving.

Timmbo

uwhusky wrote:Found out recently that my 2011 QX56 is ahead of schedule. Instead of being here early May, it is now set to arrive on April 11th! Getting very excited to see it.

First things to do to it are clearbra and DVD modification so my wife can watch movies on the front screen when I'm driving.

Good call, happy wife, happy life! LOL............awesome news, you will be so pumped when that beast shows up!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”