Welcome to the Armada/QX56 forum! Introduce yourself!

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
kc932
Car: Nissan Armada

Hello all,I have always been a Chevy person and was recently dis-owned by my Husband because instead of getting the Z-71 Suburban that he wanted I got my 05 Nissan Armada. My Mom had a 91 Maxima that took abuse like it was pleasure. My Husband and I rented an Armada last year after that I was sold, I HAD to have one. My Oldsmobile Silhouette was totaled about 6 months ago and I knew exactly what I wanted. I am the proud Mommy of a 2005 Nissan Armada in Red Brawn. It is 4wd and I am SO happy to not have leather. I LOVE the material that Nissan used for the Armada! The leg space is wonderful for the passengers especially since I have the spawn of the Jolly Green Giant in the back. Lots of buttons to push! We do not have the entertainment package but I am planning on putting an Alpine dvd system in it shortly. The only option I am kicking myself for not getting is the Rockford stereo, but I have been told Nissans R.F. really isn't Rockford quality. I do have the BOSE system though. The Big A drives like a dream off road, as my Husband's family has a farm and sometimes I have to drive where there are no roads to get to him. Love the towing capacity! Pulling the boat or hauling the occasional small tractor is effortless and love having the tow/haul mode so we don't wear out the transmission!Plenty of room for 3 year old triplets, an 8 year old, 1 pit bull/boxer mix, 1 golden retriever, Mommy and Daddy!!!

Modified by kc932 at 3:07 PM 6/6/2009
Modified by kc932 at 3:09 PM 6/6/2009

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to NICOclub! Way to show your husband what a REAL vehicle is like!!!!

wolfpacker
Car: 2007 Infiniti QX56

Just bought a 2007 QX56 from carmax. This truck is awesome, and I can't get enough of driving it. All of our SUVs (and a minivan during the infant years) have been my wife's vehicles. I'm a car guy, and have had 2 Mustangs, 2 Maximas, and am currently on my first BMW. But I find myself volunteering for errands and taking the QX56. Her SUVs have been a Grand Cherokee, Expedition, Mountaineer, and now the QX. The Infiniti is simply the best driving, most powerful, and sleekest-looking SUV on the road!

It's dark grey, 4x4, NAV, DVD, heated front and rear seats, the list goes on. I have a couple bolt-ons to add, and then I'll post some pics in a couple weeks. I'm adding a bug deflector and rain guards, and maybe a sunroof deflector and tint on the front windows. I'm looking through the forum at all of your rides to see how they look.

A couple things I want to do (and how I found this forum) are to bypass the GPS disabled functions while driving, and to see if there are any inserts for the console that might add some more functionality to that large hole: cup holders, change holder, etc.

Nice to meet you all.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Welcome aboard guys!!!!

Would love to see this forum kick off and get active, what can be done to get that happening?

Timmbo

Welcome to the Armada/QX56 Forum! Glad to have you here!

Ice Cold
Car: 2005 Infiniti QX56, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Hello! I'm on here now!

2005 QX56 Black in the process of convincing the wife to let me get some new wheels. Car is great. No problems what so ever. 76,000 miles on it.

I also have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. First year they used the VQ35! WHAT AN ENGINE! Still going strong with 164,000 miles on the clock.

I can say I have been extremely happy with Nissans, this is coming from a former Honda guy.

I'm looking forward to doing some mods on the QX56! Anyone recommend anything right away?

rhymingnames
Car: 2005 Nissan Armada

My older brother also works at the Canton plant as a manager.

My hubby and I have owned our truck for 4 years. We have a 2005 Armada with 30,000 miles on the dash. You should see the reaction of the ppl in the service department when we go to get some work done . They can't believe how low the miles are.

Although I love the truck, we have had nothing but problems with it. We traded in a Suburban for this truck, or I should actually say he did. He promised he was going to LOOK at one and bought one . I am hoping to get to through the end of this year without another problem !

Glad to be here amongst fellow Nissan/Infinity owners.

Timmbo

rhymingnames wrote:My older brother also works at the Canton plant as a manager.

My hubby and I have owned our truck for 4 years. We have a 2005 Armada with 30,000 miles on the dash. You should see the reaction of the ppl in the service department when we go to get some work done . They can't believe how low the miles are.

Although I love the truck, we have had nothing but problems with it. We traded in a Suburban for this truck, or I should actually say he did. He promised he was going to LOOK at one and bought one . I am hoping to get to through the end of this year without another problem !

Glad to be here amongst fellow Nissan/Infinity owners.
Welcome to the Armada/QX56 Forum! Sorry to hear about your problems! I can assure you not all Armada models have the issues. I do know the '04 and '05 models had more issues than the models after that. My brother actually has an '05 Titan with just under 30,000 miles as well. He keeps it in the garage a lot, but now his wife is driving it all the time so the miles will rack up very quick!

pacman53

hello everyone

i live in Boston and just today purchased a 05 QX 56 with 43k miles silver and black interior . this is my 3rd infiniti car. very happy with my new purchase I plan on getting aftermarket items like carstarter, 22" rims and others items

would like any suggestions on rims and other aftermarket products that would go with my 05 QX56

Thanks

Timmbo

pacman53 wrote:hello everyone

i live in Boston and just today purchased a 05 QX 56 with 43k miles silver and black interior . this is my 3rd infiniti car. very happy with my new purchase I plan on getting aftermarket items like carstarter, 22" rims and others items

would like any suggestions on rims and other aftermarket products that would go with my 05 QX56

Thanks
Welcome to NICOclub! Cheers from the Armada/QX56 Forum! I would recommend a DVD player, expecially if you have kids!!!

gtjhill

The wife and i have had 2 qx's and we are picking up our 3rd this weekend. Its an 06 silver 2wd and I am already itching to start changing some things. It has rear entertainment, but we want to add a nav 2 go, headrest monitors, and be able to access the nav menus while driving on vacation (copilot of course.). It also does not have towing so I will be adding that. Any help and input would be great and I will make posts for each topic if need be.

Timmbo

Congrats on the new purchase! Welcome to NICOclub, glad to have you here! Those sound like perfect mods to me!

scottawag
Car: 2005 QX56 4wd w/rear console and sunroof

Hi I'm Scott

I just bought a 2005 QX56 about a month ago 10 days after the warranty ran out. Love the truck not too keen with Infinity now. Have a cracked exhaust manifold and they were not willing to meet me part of the way with the repair. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction as to where I can get replacement parts reasonalbly prices. I have a mechanic willing to do the work since it won;t be warranty. I am in Canada so the warranty coverage is a bit different than the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On an up note, love this vehicle, power, ride, styling two thumbs up

Timmbo

scottawag wrote:Hi I'm Scott

I just bought a 2005 QX56 about a month ago 10 days after the warranty ran out. Love the truck not too keen with Infinity now. Have a cracked exhaust manifold and they were not willing to meet me part of the way with the repair. I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction as to where I can get replacement parts reasonalbly prices. I have a mechanic willing to do the work since it won;t be warranty. I am in Canada so the warranty coverage is a bit different than the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On an up note, love this vehicle, power, ride, styling two thumbs up
Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here as a new member! I wish I had a better idea for you, but did you check ebay or the junk yard? Those were my only thoughts on that one.....sorry, I wish I had a better idea for you!

mobscreamer

Just bought a 2010 QX56 AWD White/Wheat but no tech package.

Timmbo

mobscreamer wrote:Just bought a 2010 QX56 AWD White/Wheat but no tech package.
Welcome aboard!!!! We are thrilled to have you here! Post some pictures if you get a chance. Enjoy the new ride!!!!

Flexdog6196
Car: Nissan Murano

I have had 2 Armada's, I am now driving a 2009 Murano. I miss my Armada but really love the way the Murano drives. I am seriously thinking about getting a 2010 Armada Platinum edition, I miss the big SUV. I guess I am just an Armada guy at heart. I love going off road and so far the Murano has done really good off the paved path. I don't know what to do about trading again. We will see what happens. I love this website, I am glad I found it.

Timmbo

Flexdog6196 wrote:I have had 2 Armada's, I am now driving a 2009 Murano. I miss my Armada but really love the way the Murano drives. I am seriously thinking about getting a 2010 Armada Platinum edition, I miss the big SUV. I guess I am just an Armada guy at heart. I love going off road and so far the Murano has done really good off the paved path. I don't know what to do about trading again. We will see what happens. I love this website, I am glad I found it.
Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here as a new member of NICOclub!

I actually had an '09 Murano at the same time as my '08 Armada. The Murano is awesome, but it isn't a sports car, and it isn't a big cushy SUV. That is why my wife got rid of the Murano in favor of the 3.5SE Altima. Now we have the best of both worlds.

WaynesNside
Car: 06 QX56
06 M45 Sport
94 S10 (beater)

What's up everyone. My wife and I recently got an 06 QX56 with 23K on it from Ct and I drove it back to Wi. It's hard to find some of these vehicles. It has pretty much all of the options, I had to have the bluetooth and MP3 player so I wanted the 06. It's white with the willow interior.

We had an 03 Navigator and an 06 Caddy EXT and this has things that really make it stand out over those.

I love driving it and still trying to learn all of the functions this thing can do.

Timmbo

WaynesNside wrote:What's up everyone. My wife and I recently got an 06 QX56 with 23K on it from Ct and I drove it back to Wi. It's hard to find some of these vehicles. It has pretty much all of the options, I had to have the bluetooth and MP3 player so I wanted the 06. It's white with the willow interior.

We had an 03 Navigator and an 06 Caddy EXT and this has things that really make it stand out over those.

I love driving it and still trying to learn all of the functions this thing can do.
I know we have e-mailed back and forth a few times already, but I still would like to officially welcome you to the Armada/QX56 Forum!

Glad to have you as a new member of NICOclub!

WaynesNside
Car: 06 QX56
06 M45 Sport
94 S10 (beater)

Timmbo wrote:
I know we have e-mailed back and forth a few times already, but I still would like to officially welcome you to the Armada/QX56 Forum!

Timmbo wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Been pretty lazy lately with a lot going on and haven't gotten back to you. I want to figure out what needs to be done so I can hack the VSS.

keyinfiniti
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am the General Manager for Key Infiniti in Hilton Head SC. I have been following your forum for some time and decided to sign up. If I can answer any questions please feel free to ask away. Also I have learned a lot from reading the post and hope to continue to do so. Its nice to see how customers progress with their vehicles.

Timmbo

keyinfiniti wrote:Hello everyone. I am new here. I am the General Manager for Key Infiniti in Hilton Head SC. I have been following your forum for some time and decided to sign up. If I can answer any questions please feel free to ask away. Also I have learned a lot from reading the post and hope to continue to do so. Its nice to see how customers progress with their vehicles.
Welcome to NICOclub! From the staff here at NICOclub, we are glad to have you here in the Armada/QX56 Forum. I appreciate any help and input you bring to our website!

Welcome aboard!

Jay Everyday
Car: '98 Infiniti Q45/Y33, '04 Nissan Armada SE

Hey Nico Members.. I just stole a 2004 Nissan Armada SE today. I say stole due to the deal I got on it. Since its an SE and not the LE it has some but not all of the Bells and Whistles. I've had my eye out for deals on QX's and Armada's and when I saw this one, I just had to have it. I'm kind of in a Leather and Sunroof box, so every vehicle I purchase has to at least have those. Like I stated before this one is a 2004, and it had 17,040 miles when I drove it off. Yes you read it correctly 17,040 MILES , I've been out to my garage 2x already just to look and make sure it really said 17k. They had it listed for $24K, I got it out the door for $19.5K taxes, title and all.. This is my 3rd Infiniti/Nissan, and I plan to keep supporting this brand.

Question, I'm already looking to do upgrades. Has anyone done an H.I.D. kit on an Armada yet? If so, how was the process? Any tips, criticism, or kudo's are all welcome. Keep up the good work on this site.

Last thing, not sure how to post pics on here, but when I find out I will add some.

J

Owner of:2004 Nissan Armada SE 23K miles, 1998 Infiniti Q45/Y33 135k miles
Last edited by Jay Everyday on Sun May 09, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Timmbo

Jay Everyday wrote:Hey Nico Members.. I just stole a 2004 Nissan Armada SE today. I say stole due to the deal I got on it. Since its an SE and not the LE its has some but not all of the Bells and Whistles. I've had my eye out for deals on QX's and Armada's and when I saw this one, I just had to have it. I'm kind of in a Leather and Sunroof box, so every vehicle I purchase has to at least have those. Like I stated before this one is a 2004, and it had 17,040 miles when I drove it off. Yes you read it correctly 17,040 MILES , I've been out to my garage 2x already just to look and make sure it really said 17k. They had it listed for $21,990, I got it out the door for $21,650 taxes, title and all.. This is my 3rd Infiniti/Nissan, and I plan to keep supporting this brand.

Question, I'm already looking to do upgrades. Has anyone done an H.I.D. kit on an Armada yet? If so, how was the process? Any tips, criticism, or kudo's are all welcome. Keep up the good work on this site.

Last thing, not sure how to post pics on here, but when I find out I will add some.

J

Owner of:2004 Nissan Armada SE 17,100 miles1998 Infiniti Q45/Y33 135k miles
Glad to have you here in the Armada/QX5 Forum!

I have not done the HID mod, but I found a great alternative. I love the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs! Much easier and less expensive mod than installing the HID kit. I am very happy with the results.

Jvasquez
Car: 2005 Infiniti QX56

Just joining the Club, but have owned my truck a year...have found this forum very helpful on more than one occasion.

I have only previously owned a Honda Accord, not a foreign car lover, I am a GM guy, but this truck is incredible.

GOD Bless!

Jay Everyday
Car: '98 Infiniti Q45/Y33, '04 Nissan Armada SE

Thanx Man.. I have been considering an alternative and I will give it a try for sure.. I will be doing Halo headlights and smoke tail lights though. I love the look of the Halo parking lights. I have an HID kit in my Q and they are outstanding, I think I am just use to the illumination they put off. But like you said, they can be very expensive.. God forbid you blow a bulb or ballast. Sigh, just thinking about it...

Thanx for the welcome and the recommendation on the headlights.

J

GRIHULK
Car: altima

here is my armada now Im selling it is on perfect condditions!!

http://www.autoreinocajeme.com

Timmbo

Welcome to the Armada/QX56 Forum! Glad to have you here!

iNfinitiNBeYond
Car: 06 Qx56

Quick Pic.. Here it is....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dem tens... keep it clean..
Yo..Grill...Yo..Grill
Use swifter ... NfinitiNBeyond
Northwest Weather..
Last edited by iNfinitiNBeYond on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”