Welcome to the Armada/QX56 forum! Introduce yourself!

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
uwhusky
Car: 2011 Infiniti QX56 4WD (arriving April 2011)

Timmbo wrote:Good call, happy wife, happy life! LOL............awesome news, you will be so pumped when that beast shows up!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:
Yeah, I'll be pumped all the way up to the time I pull my checkbook out! :facepalm:

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Ahhh, once you are behind the wheel you will forget all about that!

TamZ
Car: 2011 QX56

Joining your site today in hopes of gathering some information on our new 2011 QX56 we picked up last week. Loving it so far, after coming out of a very bad experience with a Mercedes GL350. Can't wait to start really enjoying our new vehicle!

Tam

uwhusky

Picked up my 2011 QX56 with Tech, Theatre and Deluxe Touring packages last night. The car arrived on Saturday. I'm having illuminated kickplates, rear cargo mat, net, first aid kit, clear bra and front window tint added in the next week. It's white exterior and dark gray/black interior. It has the console in the middle row also.

So far I like it a lot. It's for my wife so I haven't driven it much but she's in love with it. I think it's a bit too heavy on the technology for me but I don't have to use it all. I think the music box is a pretty cool idea but the lane departure warnings and various other similar types of technology are overkill, IMO. I also don't know how much I'm going to like the cruise control feature that slows down and speeds up on it's own.

Anyways, glad to have the truck in the garage after the debacle of the last couple of months with the tsunami, earthquake and all.

I will post pics when I can get around to shooting some.

Timmbo

Can't wait to see the photos! Congrats on finally getting behind the wheel of the beast you have been so patiently waiting for!

I agree on SOME of the tech stuff. I am not a fan of the Lane Departure stuff, and the all around camera is overkill. My wife could use the All Around Camera because she cannot parallel park to save her life. But I love the Music Box, USB reader, Nav.....etc. That is all good stuff. Laser cruise is a nice feature, but watch out when you are behind a motorcycle!

uwhusky

Timmbo wrote:Laser cruise is a nice feature, but watch out when you are behind a motorcycle!
Good idea. I hadn't really thought about that.

Timmbo

Not sure where you live, but the only other issue is when you get rain like sleet where it freezes on the the front of your vehicle, that really messes it up as well. Other then that, it is totally an awesome feature. Enjoy my friend, and post some photos when you have a chance!

mbo54
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56 AWD

Hello,
I just purchased an '08 QX56. Super excited, what a sweet vehicle!

Manny

Timmbo

Welcome to the fabulous QX56 Forum! The staff here at NICOclub is thrilled to have you as a new member! Congrats on the new purchase. The 2008 QX56 is an AWESOME vehicle. You will love it! Do you have any plans for mods or are you keeping everything stock? What color?

elloco07
Car: 2011 Armada Platnium

Hello Everyone, My Name is Daniel and I am now a proud Owner of a 2011 Nissan Armada Platnium. It is Lakeshore blue with almond Interior, fully loaded. I will post pictures to the picture thread. This looks like a great forum and can't wait to meet other great Armada Owners and find out more about this awesome SUV.

-Daniel

Timmbo

Greetings from the staff here at NICOclub Daniel! Welcome to the Armada forum!!! I too own a Lakeshore Slate Platinum.....mine is a 2010 with the light gray interior with the Graphite contrast stitching. Lakeshore is by far my favorite color. I had the almond in my '08 Armada and '04 QX56. Enjoy the new rig my friend!

Timmbo

Be sure to do the mod so you can watch movies while in motion on your front screen!

elloco07
Car: 2011 Armada Platnium

Thanks Timmbo for the greeting. I do want to do the Mod, Is there a direct link to step by step instructions on how to do it or just read the sticky on the main page?

I also would like to replace my dvdplayer with a dvd/divx player since most my movies are in .avi format. I can't seem to find one that will fit that space in the center console. Another thing I would like to do is be able to switch to the rear camera without having to put it in reverse.

Thanks again

Timmbo

You should just convert all the divx files to DVD............LOL

Yeah, read the stick thread, and hit me up here if you have any questions. Pretty straight forward once you look at everything but I am happy to help!

Tymesup
Car: Infiniti Qx56

I'm Brandon,

I just bought a 2004 qx56 a couple a weeks ago and I love it. I just recently had a little one so i have to get rid of the g35 and get something bigger. I love the truck but there are a few things i have to take care of. Does any one know where i can purchase a oem rear camera for my qx56 ? and also I am in need of replacing my stock dvd player because it will not play anything. Any one have any of these oem parts for sale or can someone provide me with a website?

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub! Congrats on the new ride and we are thrilled to have you here in the QX56 Forum!

www.courtesyparts.com should be able to help you out with the parts.

edrock200
Car: Infiniti QX56

Hey all,
Been stalking for a while but finally bought my 2008 QX56 and very happy with it. This is my third vehicle, behind my 97 Mercury Mountaineer (beater,) my 2004 M3 (fun car) and now this (the family ride.)

Really happy with it. I don't intend on doing much to it. I've tinted the front windows to match, and ordered a few guards (windows, sunroof, hood) but otherwise intend to keep it stock. Look forward to joining the community.

Eliteqx56
Car: Infiniti QX 56

Hello all! New to this forum and to infiniti. Just recently purchased a new (to me) 04 qx56. So far I LOVE this truck. Coming from a chevy, chrysler, ford family and even myself being a domestic car kind of guy it was a large leap for me but im glad to say i did it and have loved the whole five days ive had this vehicle lol.

Timmbo

Welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you make the transition to a "premium" ride! You will love the QX56, I used to own an '04 QX56 myself.

Enjoy the new ride!

Eliteqx56
Car: Infiniti QX 56

Lol still have my dodge ram and my ford expedition which I love but this toy is awesome!

dtech
Car: 08 qx56

Hello everyone! I bought a 08 qx56 two week ago, love it so far!

Timmbo

dtech wrote:Hello everyone! I bought a 08 qx56 two week ago, love it so far!

Welcome to NICOclub! Congrats on the purchase! Do you still have the OEM Michelins on there and do you live in an area where you get snow?

Also, let me know if you have any questions, if you have kids you will certainly want to do the DVD mod so you can watch movies on the front Nav screen as well!

ENJOY!!!!! :chuckle:

CBOguy
Car: 2006 QX56

Hello Forum Members,

I just recently purchased a clean '06 QX56 4x4. It very nice with only 51K miles. It's my first Infinity after having owned a Land Cruiser, Expedition and diesel Excursion. So far I am liking it a lot. I will likely keep it mostly stock except for some cosmetic mods like tinting the front windows.

I look forward to sharing stories and advice.

I have noticed the driver-side rear view mirror shakes at freeway speeds - the base is tight, but the part the pivots (when being closed) seems to be loose. Anyone have this experience? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,

Timmbo

Happy Holidays and welcome to the QX56 Forum! Congrats on the new purchase, I am sure you will really enjoy your QX56.

Regarding your mirror, I have not heard of that happening before, but it sounds like the pivot part inside the mirror assembly is loose. We have the Factory Service Manual here on NICOclub, you could look at that to carefully dissect and reassemble your mirror.

ENJOY THE NEW RIDE!!!

Pumaro
Car: 2013 Infinity QX 56 4x4
2012 Armada Platinum (Lakeshore Slate) sold
2007 335i (Monaco Blue)

Hi All,
I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Armada Platinum. I am looking forward to being part of the community.

Timmbo

Pumaro wrote:Hi All,
I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Armada Platinum. I am looking forward to being part of the community.

Happy New Year from the staff here at NICOclub! Glad to have you as a new member of the Armada Forum! I saw you post a message in the other thread, be sure to read my response there. Enjoy the new Armada, it is an awesome vehicle, especially in Platinum trim! By the way, Lakeshore Slate is the sweetest color! I previously had an '08 Armada LE in Timberline with Almond Tan interior, I had always loved Lakeshore Slate on the QX56, I was thrilled when it came out on the 2010 Platinum! I like the tan interior, but for 2010 only they offered a light gray with black stitching (which is what I have) and I love that, I personally feel the should have kept that as an option for the Platinum model. :dblthumb:

Pumaro
Car: 2013 Infinity QX 56 4x4
2012 Armada Platinum (Lakeshore Slate) sold
2007 335i (Monaco Blue)

Timmbo wrote:
Pumaro wrote:Hi All,

Happy New Year from the staff here at NICOclub! Glad to have you as a new member of the Armada Forum! I saw you post a message in the other thread, be sure to read my response there. Enjoy the new Armada, it is an awesome vehicle, especially in Platinum trim! By the way, Lakeshore Slate is the sweetest color! I previously had an '08 Armada LE in Timberline with Almond Tan interior, I had always loved Lakeshore Slate on the QX56, I was thrilled when it came out on the 2010 Platinum! I like the tan interior, but for 2010 only they offered a light gray with black stitching (which is what I have) and I love that, I personally feel the should have kept that as an option for the Platinum model. :dblthumb:
Yeah we kind of lucked out on getting the Lakeshore Slate / Almond interior, we needed a bigger vehicle as our 2007 Audi Q7 we had was always packed to the roof. The year end deals on the Armada's were just too good to pass up and we really wanted a 2nd row bench. So we got it all, a 2012 in the right color, 4x4 and the second row bench. It blows me away how fast my bluetooth phone hooks up, the Audi BT took forever by comparison.
:bigthumb:

Timmbo

Yeah, Nissan gets high marks on the fluidity of the Nav / Bluetooth systems and how well they integrate with the phone.

2nd row bench is totally the way to go, that is what I have in mine as well. So much better having the extra space and the extra seat.

cadmozo
Car: 2008 QX56

Hello all! My wife and I just recently became proud new owners of an '08 QX56. She fell in love with these trucks after a test drive and became dead set on getting one!

Timmbo

Nice photos! What color is that? Is that Lakeshore Slate? Looks awesome! Welcome to the club!

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”