Weird find below air filter - "new" car too!

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
kevlar119
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube SL

OK, I just got this car last Monday from a dealer near Cleveland, OH (about 3 1/2 hours North of me). I installed some LED Audi style lights (pics in other post) - when I was done, I decided to become familiar with what was under the hood. I removed the air filter cover and the air filter. The filter looked new (car is a "fleet", certified pre-owned) - when I went to replace it - - I had to do a double-take to make sure I was actually seeing it - -Dog food! There was about a cup - cup 1/2 of dog food and what looked like one Cheerio at the bottom - pics also below. I vacuumed it all out, but don't know where else it might be. There was some animal hair in the cargo area when I bought it, but it just looked like the vacuum didn't get it all up - plus there was some marks on the plastic door trim that led me to believe an animal was in the car at least once. I wasn't concerned since I will be getting the car wrapped for advertising and liked the savings the pre-owned offered. I'm not sure what to do next - do I call the dealer up North or take it to a local dealer? Unless the tech that replaced the air filter just wasn't looking as he replaced the filter, I don't know how it could have been missed. Any suggestions?

Closer view

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

LOL, that made me laugh, How the heck though? Or WHY?

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

dang it came with free dog food for your pooch lol! im kidding...man if that was my cube it will beback at the dealer already...i mean imagine one of those kibblets passing your throttle and your cube will start to bark!! and ask for blue buffalo instead of gasoline lol! kidding again...seriously i will bring it back to the dealer and say whats up??? get like accesories for free lol! so they can learn their lesson

kevlar119
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube SL

Talking with a buddy that had a similar problem with another Nissan - he said it may be from mice. I looked at the drawings for the air intake - it does appear that the openning located behind a horizontal beam at the front of the engine could possibly be an entrance. I will probably take it to a local dealer and see what they find.

randode

it couldnt get in the TB because there is an air filter in the way.

Return to “Cube Forum”