We got one! Super Black SL w/Preferred Package

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
rev2red
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

We got a Super Black SL w/Preferred Package on 5/13/2009.

For those of you who are trying decide between the major Box type cars, don't count the cube out if you are reading the reviews by the "professionals". The reviewers of late haven't been favoring the Cube very well and honestly, I dont understand it. We never considered the S trim so perhaps that is why but the SL Trim has plenty of gadgets for the "techie". My wife just wanted the upgraded radio and the automatic temperature stuff. The bluetooth along with the other features that come with the SL are just pluses. The body roll that the reviewers describe isn't that noticable to me and I'm accustomed to driving an S2000 with no body roll. The 0-60 might be a bit slow, but the 0-40 is pretty darn quick. My wife drives 99% around town and the visibility and manueverability are spot on.

My ONLY complaint is the driver arm rest heights dont match and if you have the seat back tilted back, it only exaherbates the issue BUT the window sill is at a good height. I'll write more as things come up but this is a great car.

Oh, we went to the grocery store this past weekend and the lack flat bottom the reviewers speak about??? I'm not 100% sure what they are looking for but we slid the rear seat forward (the rear seat can be folded down from the back which is nice) and there was plent of room for the $150 groceries we purchased (10 bags and a 25lb bag of bird seed). The area behind the seat is relatively deep which to us, kept the groceries from sliding around in the back.

phreakanimal

Congrats!

Post some pics!

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

NICE! post some pics....

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Post pics or didn't happen!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Agreed... I want to see pictures of the cube!

Congrats!!

It's great to finally hear some real world owner experience. Please tell us more!@!!

rev2red

Hey all, it happened, look at my check book statement.

It is currently at the 360wraps getting a wrapped for my wife's business. Once we get it back, I can post some pictures.

Real world experience? Let see, I've never driven a CVT so that does take some getting used to but I must say I like it. The reviewers have said that is seems to be constantly looking for the right gear but isn't that the very definition of a CVT? I dont find that it is "looking" for a right gear, I think those of us that are acustomed to driving manuals learn to listen for the time to shift gears and so we expect a shift to happen. With a CVT, this just doens't happen.

MPG: Dont know yet as we've only been through one tank of gas. But I'll post again once we have a couple of tanks through the system. I could go look at the onboard computer, oh wait, it is still at 360wraps.

Driving Impressions: Our cube is going to be 95% driving around in the city areas. Roads are pretty good shape here but the C handles the train tracks and pots holes very well. I dont know how much of it has to do with the suspension or tires but either way, the bumps are soaked up quite well. I'm used to driving an S2000 so of course anything else will have body roll but I dont find this to be so severe and quite frankly, I feel very secure in it.

Technology Package: This is a very cool feature. We have an iPhone (2g) and my wife will be talking to me while approaching her car (the key fob thing is great, too) and then when she starts the car, the handsfree takes over. Still freaks the mrs out a little on that one since the transition is so seamless.

SL Package: The radio could hit a bit harder for my tastes but the mrs thinks it hits too hard and actually turns down the bass. Otherwise, the sound system is pretty good and I have no complaints. The radio integrates perfectly with the 2g iPhone, too. My wife now wants to start downloading itune songs (thanks alot nissan!). Before buying the cube, she only had may a dozen songs on her iPhone. The auto temperature is a very cool feature, too. I've had it before on previous cars (1982 Toyota Celica Supra) so it isn't anything new to me, but to have it again is great. Set a temperature and you're done. Neither one of us drink coffee so whether or not the cup holder in front of the vent hasn't given us a or a but time will tell as we enter the hot months here in Texas.

Storage: The interior actually feels larger than the outside would suggest. You will hear more and more people making comments like this but you really have to see it to believe it. The back barn door is freaking huge but is very light and the hydrolics keep it open easily. Perhaps a lift gate might be better for "use" but at what price? The cube is short enough that you could also move it forward a bit if you the rear gate wont swing far enough open. The C is short enough that even in my garage I can open the rear door while the garage door is closed. There have been compaints about the back area not folding flat. I say, scoot the seats up or take them out all together. Personally, we like the area behind the rear seats. It keeps the groceries put isntead of sliding all over the place like they did in our HHR. In the HHR, anything we put back there would utlimately be some where else by the time we got home. Nissan does make an organizer which will flush up the rear area with the seats from what I can tell. We will probably be ordering one once we get the car back. The other nice thing is you dont have to slam the doors shut. They still close with a solid feel and sound but Nissan manage to somehow eliminate the air pressure inside the cabin when the doors are closed so you dont have to slam the doors shut. The first couple of shuts caught us off guard since the door is so big we though we'd have to exert more force than we actually do.

The drivers side window is an auto down which is great for getting the mail but Auto Up too! Holy wow, that is great to finally have on a "cheaper" priced car!

We paid just south of $19K. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Oh, one more thing my wife wanted me to add about the seats alone... she said this is only her second car that she has driven that didn't cause her lower back to hurt! Thank you Nissan!

Modified by rev2red at 5:51 PM 5/30/2009
Modified by rev2red at 12:00 PM 6/2/2009

phatjoe88
Car: 09 Cube SL

Just got one too. Loving it.

rev2red

Looks great! Congrats!

Return to “Cube Forum”