Wax and Tint Questions

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
exvin
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Hey All

I have a beige/champayne color pathfinder and I was wondering what would be a good polish and wax to use to bring the color back out because I dont know if its just me but it looks like it is fading a bit or even if its not fading, something that would give a good shine and smooth finish after wash

Also I have after market tint on the windows, are there any products that you guys use that are safe for tint besides just plain ole soap and water?

Thanks!

exvin

Anyone?

95240SE
Car: 95 240sx

I haven't tried to many products out there but what I use and recommend would be stoners invisible glass for the windows and menzerna final polish II for the paint. As far as i know you should be able to get the stoners at an auto store but menzerna most likely on the internet. I'd also suggest you get a clay bar to remove any contaminants from the paint which will give it a smoother feel but that's optional

95240SE
Car: 95 240sx

For the wax I would get collinite #476 as it will last quite a while and will give you good protection for the winter

exvin

I got the stoner glass yesterday, I will try it out this weekend. I also read alot of good reviews for it online on other forums

morsecode
Car: 2004 Infiniti I35

For aftermarket tint, stay clear from cleaners that have ammonia or vinegar on them because it will degrade the film.

exvin

morsecode wrote:For aftermarket tint, stay clear from cleaners that have ammonia or vinegar on them because it will degrade the film.
Yah that is why I was asking.....I tried the Stoners and it said it is safe on tint...I tried it out and it works pretty well..my mirrors on the pathy is clean..i can actually see in it now

Return to “Detailing Forum”