water input & thermostat question

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
whatchagonnado
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30

After replacing the timing belt, waterpump, etc, I filled the coolant system and the antifreeze started streaming out the bottom of timing cover. Not actually steaming but not a drip either. Putting the cap back on radiator stops the stream so probably not completely sealed or not enough RTV applied.. Used Ultra Gray Permatex. I did wait 22 hours for the sealant to cure.

Traced it to the thermostat pipe outlet. The book calls for removing both water pipes to replace the thermostat housing but I am able to access the bolt and two nuts without taking off the upper pipe. I am just trying to save time and reduce risk the upper pipe might leak when putting it back together. This project has been a real nightmare and wish I had taken it to a dealer.

I previously posted this question on the wrong topic. When I logged in to check any replies, I noticed my mistake. Sorry about taking up bandwith space.

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

What did you do to fix?

I only get notifications when a reply to a thread happens,Every time you start a new thread I no longer get notified thus miss the conversation, thats how I missed the balancer questions...

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”