Watch Movies on Navigation Screen while JX35 is moving!

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
lgestrella
Car: 2013 PATHFINDER SV

Guys i did it!!! ok whom ever has a 2013 pathfinder SV and im guessing SL this are the steps, simple and easy
1. After you removed the console (basically except the screen)
2. take the bottom right plug (16 pins top n bottom) and the cables you looking for are the Ebrake & VSS.
3. the are dark green (Ebrake) and Grey (VSS) located on the bottom right looking at the plug facing you... the 1st two.
4. i just cut the VSS and put tape on it and the Ebrake cable (cut it)and you have to connected to a ground. i got the ground from a screw i found out. SIMPLE!..

now all i have to do is buy a DVD and i can install it either on the glove compartment or in the center console. just connect it to the RCA cables. GOOD LUCK GUYS IT'S EASY!!!

jxnyc
Car: JX35

Hey all,
New to the forum, New to infiniti, just purchased a JX35 and am super psyched about it! It's a beautiful car and happy to join the ranks with all of you. Have a quick question for you guys. I purchased the Base model with AWD, no extra packages, and the salesman, during our run through after purchasing the car, told us if we put the car into park, push down the parking brake, and put in a DVD, I should be able to watch it on the center console screen. I had tried it when I got home and an error appeared saying "can not read." I didn't purchase the dvd entertainment package, and frankly, was surprised when the salesman told me this was possible. Was he mistaken or am I doing something wrong?

Also, on a similarly related note, saw a plug for an AV jack in the middle arm rest, is it possible to hook up an ipod or laptop to play a movie on the center screen??

Thanks for all your help, and looking forward to your responses!

Trinster
Car: JX 35

Yes, you can plug in iPod or usb. Work fine in mine, but movie has to be format in Divx or AVI extenstion 720 X480 is the prefer size. I do have the DVD option install so you might be getting that error because you don't have that option or your Movie is in the incorrect format. Don't see why it shouldn't play from the front screen even without the DVD option.
Last edited by Trinster on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sw00160
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35

I have the jx35 model with factory DVD installed with the entertainment package. I am able to watch dvd's on the front monitor when parked with the ebrake engaged

yani9666

Hi, i have infiniti jx35, i want to have my dvd working while the car is running.....can anyone provide me some diagram or more detail information for removing all the front panel, and how to wire them on the relay thing......thank you......look forward for your helps.....

Alc
Car: 2014 qx60

Does this mod also allow you to enter addresses in to navigation while the car is moving as we'll?

Alc
Car: 2014 qx60

Does anyone know if the connections and wire colors are the same on a 2014 qx60?

tsk_2980
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60

*bump* Any updates on this in for the QX60? (I just purchased a QX60 and am interested in this mod).

Thanks,
-TSK

avknav

Rather than clip the wires (and without buying a kit) anyone have any idea on where to source 32 pin to 32 pin connectors/harness (i.e. female/male).
Then I can make my own T connection to the two wires Brake and VSS with a switch on a bench.
On ebay I have found some Mitsuibishi DVD wires ....the Nissan connector looks somewhat generic.

Knav

avknav

All see my update and post ...where I procured the Beat-Sonic TVK-56 DVD and NAVI Control Bypass Module to solve my issue.

In any event it's a great mod and makes the navi, phone and dvd essentially usable. It was more distracting and frustrating to me to use voice (going through five levels) and limited search results all while getting lost...lol

http://www.infinitijxforum.com/showthre ... ing/page11

gmoney679

For the people that have done this in the Pathfinder, where did you guys mount your switches? Was thinking of mounting it on one of the blank switch plates in the lower left hand corner but i can't seem to figure out how to take it out.

Lechau
Car: Jx35

Timmbo wrote:Well, it was a success! I might possibly have the first and only Infiniti JX35 that displays movies on the front Navigation Screen while the vehicle is in motion!

It was actually a very easy modification. I have now done this same mod on a Murano, two different Armadas, my G37, and now my JX35. Again, you tap into the VSS wire and the Parking Brake wires at the back of the AV unit. Using a DPDT switch that is $4 from Radio Shack and 3' of 4 wires I ran the wires from the back of the AV unit (VSS to AV unit, VSS away from AV unit, Parking Brake to AV unit, and Parking Brake away from AV unit. The DPDT switch flips everything from a normal working "stock position" to a position where the VSS and Parking brake "trick" the AV unit into thinking it is grounded (and it technically is) by running the #5 and #6 position of the DPDT switch to a ground. Actually the hardest part of the whole modification was finding a good and convenient ground. The center cluster pops apart quite easily, and there are only 8 screws that get removed along the way.

You start by removing the rubber tray near the 12v outlet, the next piece is the black plastic "tray" as it is referred to. This pulls straight out at you. Next piece is the lower cluster finisher, this has the nice finish (either Kasani Washani.....LOL, whatever it is called, or Maple Accent). This pieces also pulls straight out at you. You now have the HVAC control panel as the next piece. You will see 2 screws, remove the 2 screws and this also pulls straight out at you (unplug the wire connector). Next is to remove the piece that has the DVD/CD slot on it. First remove the 2 exposed screws. Again, this pulls straight out at you (again, there is a wire connector you need to remove). Finally, you will see a total of 4 screws that secure the bracket that holds the AV unit. Remove the 4 screws. You are now able to pull out the AV unit, the wiring harness we are tapping into will be at your top left. This harness has 16 pin locations across it, and it is 2 rows high. Unplug this harness, this is the harness you will be tapping into. I will post the diagram from the FSM that shows the exact pin location, but if you unplug the harness, and you look straight at the wires facing you, on the top row going from the left, the first wire is Green, this is the Parking Brake wire. On the bottom row, again, going from the left, the 4th wire in is a Tan/Brown Color, this is the Parking Brake wire.

That is the short and skinny of this, please post any questions, I will be happy to reply. Also, you can see a similar thread in Armada/QX56 Forum that explains this all in detail, same things apply, just make sure you are tapping into the correct VSS wire and the correct Parking Brake wire.

This is such a great mod on the JX, cool thing is you can display movies with your iPhone providing you have the cable to plug it into the AUX jacks in your center console. The screen is so nice and big in the front too, GREAT for movies!!!

ENJOY!!!!
Help, I need big help. Just opened up AV unit and found out that it has only 24 pins socket, and don't know which wire for parking brake and speed sensor

Mcioffi
Car: 2013 JX35

Hey there.

I'm looking for some help with the Navi hack.
I have a 2013 JX35; I had the dash pieces removed with minimal effort however there are far too many contradictory locations of what wires to "tap" into.

Could someone please help?

If someone can send me a screen shot via WhatsApp to 9057034288 [email protected] and direct me to which wire is the parking brake and which is VSS!

Thanks,

Mike

CMONROE
Car: 2013 INFINITI JX35

Just got my jx35 a few months ago.

to clarify this is two wires from back of AV unit to switch then one wire from switch to the ground?

also what type of wire should I use?

360cdub
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum w/ NAV & Bose audio

The wires on my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder platinum do not match the ones you list. I also can’t find a wire diagram on this vehicle. Anybody got info or access to this wire diagram? Thanks so much.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

360cdub wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:29 pm
The wires on my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder platinum do not match the ones you list. I also can’t find a wire diagram on this vehicle. Anybody got info or access to this wire diagram? Thanks so much.
Hello. You should be able to find what you need here:

https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

or here

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 4%2FAV.pdf

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”