Wasting away...

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
zacko43

Ya know what really gets my goat? About a year ago I stumbled upon a REALLY nice 620 sitting beside some guy's house.  At the time we were looking for a 620 to restore for my wife to drive.  Well, the guy turned me down saying he was "gonna fix it up soon".  Anyway, today the wife and I decided to go on a little road trip just to get outta town, and ya know what?  That same darn truck was sitting in the same darn spot with the EXACT same branches stickin out of the bed!  I don't know about you guys, but this behaviour is the main reason most of the cool cars and trucks are found wasting away in some guy's back yard after he strokes out at 60 years old and are too far gone to do anything with. WHY?!?  Sorry, folks, I had to vent.  and.... if ya got a car that someone has inquired about and you plan on "fixin it up", ...... think about it and decide if you are REALLY gonna do that and if ya aren't then sell the damn thing and let someone else do to it what you had "planned" on doing and couldn't follow through.:X

lancekilgore

I hear ya,  I watched this old 78 long bed sit under some trees for 4 years, so I finally asked the owner if he wanted to sell it he gave it to me for 100.00. prety good deal, now I am having fun restoring it.  I would say why don't you try and see if he will sell it again, could not hurt and he might have changed his mind in a year.

zacko43

I did, that's why I'm so bothered about it.

lancekilgore

you asked him again to see if he wanted to sell it.  and he still said no.  I have seen people like that and if they don't start on it they never will and then just out of the blue they will get rid of it, normally to a junk yard or something.

keep trying

lil_hustler_620

I've experienced the same thing it sometimes helps to leave your number with him or make an offer sometimes money talks ;)

What also bugs me since we're venting here is when people ask a war price for a rust bucket. Like yea I'll sell her $2,500.. with a little work you'd get her running again hahaha I guess this is their way of laughing behind the ears :?

Good luck :dude:

lil_hustler_620

Remember the best deals aren't advertised

Return to “Datsun 620”