Nissan Versa budget foglight installation

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

damiverse wrote:ok im just wondering what did you use to make the hole in the fog light cover :crazy:
I used a Dremel.

williamk10
Car: '07 Versa SL

rotary tool. Don't bother with a box cutter or scissor.

BTW, the glass is now broken on my fog light. I'm looking for replacements :(

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

williamk10 wrote:rotary tool. Don't bother with a box cutter or scissor.

BTW, the glass is now broken on my fog light. I'm looking for replacements :(
Same thing happend to me couple months ago, had to look for another set. I bought 2 sets this time in case it happens again.

jeepjockey
Car: 2008 Versa Hatchback SL 6 Speed

I am thinking about doing this to mine. I noticed mine is prewired for fogs. I would like to use it if possible. Any ideas about the control circuit inside the car?

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

jeepjockey wrote:I am thinking about doing this to mine. I noticed mine is prewired for fogs. I would like to use it if possible. Any ideas about the control circuit inside the car?
'

you could buy the stalk and and hook up your aftermarket fogs to the pre wired wires and you are all set.

JHR16DE
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6

Installed a set of these yesterday. How-to was very helpful. Thanks williamk10.

BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

Future report!!

I too had a light crack and bought another set. The quality of these is pretty dismal to say the least. I had to replace the wiring too with the kit in the 2nd set I bought. Overall, $40 and still one light left after this long is not too shabby!

Jay.
Car: Versa

Thanks, I installed the lights and everything is good but how did you install the switch?, mines just hanging lol

tower62
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Hatch

A Nissan tech told me about a main wiring harness through the firewall to the left of driver's pedals. It seems like good access through the firewall.
Also, in adding aftermarket fog lights to an S hatch w/o any factory wiring, only one wire (or loop) from the in-cabin switch needs to be run through the firewall (to the relay), correct? All 12V+ and "grounds" can be grabbed and ran through the supplied relays in engine compartment.

JHR16DE

Would it be possible to install yellow bulbs in these fogs?

future_stx_cube
Car: 2011 metallic blue versa s hatchback

(imo, just fyi, omg im super sarcastic and only tease online and in real life. if you take offense take deep breathes and relax im just joking!)

yes.. ^^
i bought the set with the blue lenses they were on sale at walmart for like 13$.. 5months later.. both glasses are broken off and 1 light works still.. not bad.. lol im going to try and get a new bulb in there to make it work for the time being until i find another set..

JHR16DE

Let us know how it goes. I just want a different look and I'd rather not tint them.

abusr
Car: white nissan versa 08. custom intake and exhaust konig rims kumho tires.

have they burned out yet? Ive gone through 3 pairs of bulbs with those damn lights

daan
Car: 08 S base

The installation pics at the beginning of this thread (WilliamK10's pics and descriptions) are really excellent and got me thru my install. the ONLY thing about them is the pic of where to fish the wire out thru the firewall, his pics he has an aftermarket intake. Image
My car is stock, so I had to remove the battery and air box to get at the plastic/rubber grommet thingy you pass the wires thru. Image
THe hardest part of the procedure was getting the battery back IN because the mat/tray thing didn't want to lay flat (there's little tabs that go into holes on the top of the transmission or whatever it is sitting on) and the hold-down bracket was a HUGE PITA to get back onto the edge of the battery. At least while I was in there I could clean up the suprising amount of battery corrosion and bugs that built up on there.
Well, the other hard part was trying to find something to ground the wiring to. THis is my first new car (at age 40) all the other cars I've had had been 10-20 years old and had way more metal than plastic around to tie into.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”