Nissan Versa budget foglight installation

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
hrdcorpdrummer15
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

Did you have to buy the fuses aside from the fogs? I just got a pair from wally world and no fuses. Did I get ripped? There's no mention of them on the box though...hmmm. help please

NODES
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL (Blue)

hrdcorpdrummer15 wrote:Did you have to buy the fuses aside from the fogs? I just got a pair from wally world and no fuses. Did I get ripped? There's no mention of them on the box though...hmmm. help please
I do not recall any fuses in my set either.

Demvang

How do you pop out the unused switch panel next to the mirror controls, push it out from the inside?

hrdcorpdrummer15

Nodes, don't you have the walmart fogs installed? If you do, how did you get by the fuse issue? If not, sorry...thought you did. Anywho, still waiting on that fuse answer. What and where to buy would be nice so I can get these bad boys installed. Thanks

NODES

hrdcorpdrummer15 wrote:Nodes, don't you have the walmart fogs installed? If you do, how did you get by the fuse issue? If not, sorry...thought you did. Anywho, still waiting on that fuse answer. What and where to buy would be nice so I can get these bad boys installed. Thanks
My HID have a fuse. The Walmart Fogs are connected together with my HID Headlights.

Both turn on and off at the same time. I did not want no extra wires or buttons/switches to push on the interior.

hrdcorpdrummer15

I answered my own question today.. The Add-a-circuit is something seperate you add to the fuse box instead of having to splice into an existing one. You can use two fuses from one circuit to power two different things. I found the set with the connector and fuses. picked it up at Pepboys for $8.99 US. I saw it at O'reillys for the same price. I should have the fogs on in about a week or so...busy with work

NODES

BigBodyV wrote:Yeah the big three is when u reground ur battery cable ur engine block and then use 0 gauge to come from ur alternator to ur battery ill provide a picture later so u can see it:)
got a picture?

jjconnections
Car: NISSAN TIIDA 2009 FLEX 1.8 S

barra wrote:Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...t_940

Only 6 usd +15 usd shipping, if you buy the left and the right side i think you can combine shipping with the seller, it's a tip to everyone who want's to buy fogs.
Um amigo comprou essas milhas pra seu CRV e não coube. Se vc souber quem tem interesse...pvt-me.Abaços,João

barra
Car: Nissan Tiida S 1.8 t/a

Jj pq vc não coloca no Tiida?

Comprei o kit da DLAA, conheço um cara que vende em SP bem barato, apenas 195 reais, o kit vem completinho, só as capas que não servem nos nossos carros mas é só cortar a capa original, kit tem tudo cara, fiação, lâmpadas, botão, tudo, vc só vai gastar para instalar.

NODES

Can we keep the forums English only, so everyone benefits from the POSTS?

hrdcorpdrummer15

Lol. I don't speak portuguese (I think that's what it is), but I do speak fluent spanish and I can kind of make out what's going on. Jj said something like his friend bought the bulbs for his crv but they didn't fit. So I think he's selling them? Barra said something about buying some sort of kit to make them work...then I can't make out the rest. I was bored so I tried to figure it out. Sorry

barra
Car: Nissan Tiida S 1.8 t/a

Sorry about that.

NODES

barra wrote:Sorry about that.
Nah it is cool. Just makes life easier for all.

Bmitten
Car: 2009 Nissan versa sedan 1.6.

Does anyone kno where to get yellow fogs?

Tigermack
Car: 05' Mazda3, 03' 2500HD Duramax, 91' MR2T

I like this, probably gonna do this for my gf's.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Bmitten wrote:Does anyone kno where to get yellow fogs?
Most people have just looked at Lamin-X vinyl overlays or changed the bulb color to yellow. Try VersaSpeed dot com to see all their options.

Codelicious
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

I have also seen someone paint their fogs yellow. This is a bad idea if your not looking for something that's perminent.

BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

Picked up a set of these at Walmart last night for 19 bucks. They had 3 in stock. Worked on it for 2 hours last night and finished the wiring this morning. I shoved them into the fog light holder behind the plastic cover for now. It looks pretty good other than the gap between the light and the hole. I did get some epoxy so I might do what you did but then I have no way to adjust them. I may build a metal extension on the back of the fog lights that I can bend at the back end and bolt it in the factory hole made for OEM lights. That would at least give me some metal I could bend to adjust the light angles.

The light color matches the head lights. Ok maybe they are a tad bit brighter when you stare at them.

My set had the same box and everything. The power wire already had a fuse on it. So, I just put the power wire into the live side of the Accessory Fuse and pushed the fuse back in.
How do you pop out the unused switch panel next to the mirror controls, push it out from the inside?
I wish someone would have answered this question. I had a tough time. There are 2 clips. One on the top and one on the bottom. Use a screwdriver to push it up on the top and down on the bottom. So, I could see that but I kept trying to push it out from the inside. I got mad and just forced it out with a screwdriver! Yeah real smooth!

But, no. You push from the outside in while you have a clip(s) raised.

Make sure you take your fuse cover and the side cover off so you can see it good.

After I got it out and cut it to put the switch in I was baffled at how I forced it out. It is so much bigger than the hole!

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

I'm surprised no one has yet to take the lower panel off to look at the backside of the dummy block. It's like 6 screws to take the whole panel off. if it doesn't come off easy, stopping trying to force it off and look at the situation a little differently.

BWG
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa SL
2009 Nissan Versa S (Totaled)

lol know! I did see that and thought about it.

Tiida RSA
Car: 2007 Nissan Tiida Visia+

Just fitted angel eye fogs on my Tiida. They are apparently for a toyota runxImage

daan
Car: 08 S base

I was just at my local walmart (Stillwater MN) and they have several of these fogs. THe one in New Richmond, WI also has them. I was seriously considering getting them earlier today, now I think I will. Anyway in the install pix above, is that coat hanger just to pull the wires thru, or is that actually part of the wiring now? :confused:
Oh yeah, since that thread is now several months old, how are the lights holding up, being epoxied in instead of bolted down? Would you do this again, or has it not been worth it?

williamk10
Car: '07 Versa SL

i used the coat hanger to pull it thru, it is not part of the wires or anything. As for the lights, both lenses have developed hairline cracks. I either got them wet while they were still on and hot, or rock chips got em. I would do it again, but I would use laminX film on them first to protect them. Come to think of it, if I run into a set anywhere, I may buy them again.

NODES

williamk10 wrote:i used the coat hanger to pull it thru, it is not part of the wires or anything. As for the lights, both lenses have developed hairline cracks. I either got them wet while they were still on and hot, or rock chips got em. I would do it again, but I would use laminX film on them first to protect them. Come to think of it, if I run into a set anywhere, I may buy them again.
I had to buy another set, one got cracked by a stone....

I got a replacement set, but it is not the same. Glass is very thin and the body is plastic and mine old set was all metal, it is also slimmer.

Bmitten
Car: 2009 Nissan versa sedan 1.6.

Do u kno what brand the lights are? And r they discontinued

mann3
Car: 2009 Versa S 6spd Black

They are Optronics Platinum Burner QH-75IT. On the optronincs website they do not show the model QH-75IT. Don't know if that means its discontinued.

mann3
Car: 2009 Versa S 6spd Black

Looked at the website again http://www.optronicsinc.com/driving-new.html and they are there.

ME18VERSA
Car: 09 nissan versa
89 5.0 mustang

Geoversa
Car: nissan versa s

couldn't I just put on some pastees Refletivies in the fog lite holes to make it look like fog lights ? :naughty: :crazy:

man I"m begining to think like a dearship , I"m scaring myself :ohno: :laugh:

damiverse
Car: 07 versa
MADD RED
12" sub
400.1 Amp
Cinni-Berry Air Fresher

ok im just wondering what did you use to make the hole in the fog light cover :crazy:

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”