Visibility out of rear window

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
briguynyc

Hi all,

Took a look at the EX35 this weekend at a dealer. We didn't get a chance to test drive it yet, but while sitting in the car we noticed that the visibility out of the rear window looked challenging, especially with the back seat headrest blocking the view. In fact the side mirrors are larger to compensate, it seems. I was wondering if anyone who is driving the car could comment.

Thanks.

ChrisL

I have not yet drove the EX much yet only picking it up Sat. Night . But I did not notice the visability out of the rear window being bad at all I will be out in it tomorrow and will pay more attention to it and let you know better , my opinion of it .

CheersChris

ChrisL

Just got back from driving around a little . Well I guess the visibility is a little challenging looking through the rear view window. The rear window is small and though the head rests are sticking up they do not obstruct your vision any . I feel with the small size of the window and head rests that it has a bit of a cluttered view but it is not terrible . The larger mirrors on the sides do help alot to see things and of course the back up camera is great.

Cheers Chris

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

you mean that I will be abble to do some serious necking with the wife in the back seat and nobody will see us ? great stuff ?

back to the 60's when the rear window was only a decoration.

briguynyc

Actually went for a test drive finally and the visibility was a complete non issue. It looked much worse in the showroom than it proved on the road. Otherwise the EX35 drove well. We are busy deciding between the EX35 and the X3.

ChrisL

Our choices were between the EX35,x3, or the Acura RDX . All great vehicles but the EX came out on top for us

Chris

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

ChrisL wrote:Our choices were between the EX35,x3, or the Acura RDX . All great vehicles but the EX came out on top for us

Chris
I am still waiting for mine and I am curious what factors favored the EX 35 over the Acura and Beamer.

Dodgeyaussie

michel wrote:
I am still waiting for mine and I am curious what factors favored the EX 35 over the Acura and Beamer.
Key EX Advantages over X3

Larger, more powerful engine Available 2-wheel-drive model Tighter turning circle Scratch Shield paint Cargo-area rear seatback releases with available power return Welcome Lighting Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) Infiniti Intelligent Key Available hard-drive-based navigation system (vs. DVD-based) Available RearView Monitor Available Around View Monitor (AVM) Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) Available Driver’s AudioStage More front head and leg room X3’s cargo area is narrower than EX’s, so common items such as golf clubs do not fit flat across the cargo area. To fit ree sets of clubs in X3, they must be stacked, filling more of the cargo area. EX can fit three sets of clubs on the cargo floor. Wider cargo area Larger fuel tank Longer limited powertrain warranty coverage

RDX is a conventionally styled small SUV built on a front-wheel-drive platform. In contrast, EX is a crossover inspired by coupe design and built on a true performance-oriented rear-wheel-drive platform. EX offers a choice of RWD and AWD drivetrains, a powerful V6 engine, and advanced technologies that RDX can’t match.

Key EX Advantages Over RDX

Larger, more powerful engine Available 2-wheel-drive model Tighter turning circle Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) Scratch Shield paint Cargo-area rear seatback releases with available power return Welcome Lighting Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) Infiniti Intelligent Key Available hard-drive-based navigation system (vs. DVD-based) Available Around View Monitor (AVM) Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) Available Driver’s AudioStage and Interface System for iPod® Longer wheelbase More front leg room Larger fuel tank

lkp730
Car: EX35 RWD

visibility out of the rear window sucks ***. but that's why we have the rear view camera.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”