vh swap in a J30

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
efeezie

Oh yeah forgot about mentioning that. Although the trans isnt in yet it does appear to sit a little higher.

craigztoyz
Car: lots of unique hot rods, and customs, with modern engines, and a good truck to pull the trailer.

My Z sits 3" higher then before. Thats after hitting a lot of turns and getting it to settle, as much as it will with a fat guy not sitting on the hood.

Thanx for the pics, same color as the one I have. I am in process of stripping and rebuilding the engine I had in Z45, as I got it a lil low on pressure, and found a motor with 105 on it. So I am going to have a Sweet new motor ready for boost in this black J45. If thins go right I will have it done by end of Sept.

OT I wouldnt lift it by the intake unless my leg was stuck under the oil pan.

SuperHatch
Car: 96 TLC

I'm really suprised this motor is ligtening the front end of the VG cars as much as it is. No one has firm data on the weights of both motors, but 3" higher is substantial.

OT, craig, do you have a reason for not lifting by the intake?

craigztoyz
Car: lots of unique hot rods, and customs, with modern engines, and a good truck to pull the trailer.

only that it was not designed for it, does not allow you to tilt it, and angle it, and since I have never had a problem getting my chain on the leveler to bolt into anything on the block/exhasut to lift from.

I dont ever reccommend lifting any engine by it's intake. It is a part that is bolted to the heads. Lift from a stronger safer spot. If it should break or crack, that would suck. My reason, is I have done this all my life, and have learned from mistakes, mine and others.. Just not the best place to do it, but what ever works. No issue, to each their own.

craig

Nealoc187
Car: 95 Maxima

Has there been any further progress on any of these swaps? Any relevant new info to post, either from FSM research or field research? The VH into J30 swap is something I've been dreaming about for 2 years now, and now my finances and the impending culmination of my previous project are slowly opening the door to the J41/J45 possibility.

This has been a really good thread and it has me more excited than ever to perhaps try this out. I've found an immaculate 97 J30 (in my preferred color too, silver) that would be a wonderful candidate for a nitroused daily driver while I finish up my current project, and then for a VH swap maybe as early as this winter.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Nealoc187 wrote:Has there been any further progress on any of these swaps? Any relevant new info to post, either from FSM research or field research? The VH into J30 swap is something I've been dreaming about for 2 years now, and now my finances and the impending culmination of my previous project are slowly opening the door to the J41/J45 possibility.

This has been a really good thread and it has me more excited than ever to perhaps try this out. I've found an immaculate 97 J30 (in my preferred color too, silver) that would be a wonderful candidate for a nitroused daily driver while I finish up my current project, and then for a VH swap maybe as early as this winter.
If you're looking for a guy in Kalamazoo to do the swap, ive got just the guy for you. let me know if you're interested and ill give you his info.. he did the 5 speed on my Q

Nealoc187
Car: 95 Maxima

I do everything myself (well, myself and my buddy) but I'm curious as to who did your swap, I wonder if I know him? Kalamazoo's not very big and I've been doing the nissan thing there for like 8 years now. I actually moved to chicago a few months ago so I'm not there any more but I'm back there about once a month it seems.

I see that you're in N. Indiana - cool.

edit: I just found your thread about the trans swap. I met JP a long time ago, probably 4-6 years ago, can't remember if I had my turbo maxima at the time or my previous NA one - I think it was at the track but it could have been just out cruising. Small world lol.

Modified by Nealoc187 at 12:42 PM 6/22/2009

J30tChumpCar
Car: 1995 J30t Totaled @ Charlotte motor speedway
1994 J30 gutted caged road racer Now with VH45DE!
1966 Chevy Corvair V8 mid-ship conversion

Necro thread from the dead, just curious if anyone knows how many J45s were ever documented to have been built/driven.

Currently have worn out Vh45 #2 in the track car, low mile engine #3 on its way to be on track in Dec.

For anyone that has no clue, we are endurance road racing a J45, this will be almost 4 years since the conversion, roughly 16,000 miles of competition @ Sebring, Daytona, Charlotte, Rd Atlanta etc.

Youtube : Multicrazycar

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”