VG30DETT into 1989 240SX

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
fayceoff

I knew some people would understand how I'm feeling right now. Thanks, man. I'm still kind of worried about Dale, because I don't think this is like him, but I guess you never really know a person either, you know? Not one phone call, text, or email since May?!

Anyway, I started another thread. Feel free to stop in and raise the view count so maybe he'll see it if he searches for his name. zerothread?id=354004

TSL
Car: Nissan

Any more news on this?

I see the thread in the general section has been deleted or something?

fayceoff

We're working some stuff that needs to kept under wraps. It'll come back up in a couple days. Thanks for the interest, though...

TSL
Car: Nissan

Cool.

I'd love to see this resolved to a positive outcome.

fayceoff

I would, too, but I don't think I'm going to be satisfied no matter what happens from here on out...

My other thread should be back up real soon.

jay-spec013

Well since the N/A Z32 uses the same tranny as the 240sx and the Z32 crossmember bolts up to the S13/S14. Whats stopping me from swapping crossmembers and bellhousings ans saving my self allot of fab work?

fayceoff

Bro... Did you read ANY of this thread? Just try it and post up the results somewhere.

200zx

fayceoff wrote:Bro... Did you read ANY of this thread? Just try it and post up the results somewhere.
I would say no, he just thought we all missed the easy way to fit it.

How's things going I keep looking into this thread hoping to see a yeay I got my car back, no such luck yet though

fayceoff

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you. And yeah, I've got some good help now, and I'm working on getting back over there...

KGB
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx & 2007 Ninja 650r

Man i read this thread in its entirety, been at it for 4 hours now. I will admit I was jealous but at the same time, I was hoping to see it come back so we can all see the results. But this scammer scammed you. I know karma will come back around, if it hasnt aleady. Really sucks man on so many levels, lots of us (as you already know) wanted to do this swap, so have you, and have lost a bunch of time and money. Sorry man, hope thing turn around and start looking good

fayceoff

We really wanted to do something that was different, but not at the expense of real performance, and the price Davis was offering was good. Not so good that it seemed like it was too good to be true, but reasonable. Plus, I figured that a fellow service member (an officer, no less), wouldn't be likely to jerk me the way he did.

I'll never get my car back, but one way or another, I'm going to get my money's worth... I still want to do the swap, but more than likely I'll just end up getting a new Camaro and keeping an S13 as a project car.

KGB
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx & 2007 Ninja 650r

karma will catch up to him. because were older now, and not kids anymore, it will catch up faster and harder.

Im sure that whatever you do decide to do itll turn out good. Keep us posted on any plans/ideas cause I wanted to do the vg swap also but its beginning to sound like a bad idea (more work than there should be type of thing), now...i dont know what I want to do

fayceoff

Dale (or Dawoud, or Kenji, or al-Yabani, or whatever you're calling yourself this week), I know you're still checking on this periodically. so I want to put this out there for you one last time: If you have ANY inclination to fix this, you need to get in contact with me before I see you again. Once I'm standing in front of you, it's way too late for payment, apologies, excuses, or explanations.

tctomasc
Car: 95 240sx

anything??

fayceoff

Nope. I kind of wish the mods would close this thread before I say something that can be used as evidence...

vg30detts13

Hi this is a message for 200zx are you still on here im looking to do the vg30dett conversion at the end of this munth and would really like to speak to you!

Dose any one no if i use the rb25 box on the vg30dett will the prpshaft fit or will i have to make one?

Return to “Hybrids”