VG30DETT into 1989 240SX

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

hmm, perhaps but since i dont know the specs on 300zxgod's cars i cant say

fayceoff

How about we just keep his name out of this thread? He probably just wanted to get 10 posts (no matter how pointless) so he could post in the Classifieds.

White Comet

^ good point, id hate to see such a great thread go so far off topic. how is Dale? still having identity theft issues to sort out?

fayceoff

No, that's all squared away. They caught some of the people and he got most of his money back, so he's doing pretty good, but he's still a little gun-shy of the interwebz. He's supposed to be sending me some pics of the work for me to post.

White Comet

i would be gun shy too, glad to hear everythings returning to normal for him though

PapaBurgundy
Car: 1991 240SX coupe SE CA18DET. 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins TURBO DIESEL 5spd.

Holy **** just finished reading that entire post! I was thinking there should be a vg and vq motor thread. I realize it wouldnt get that much traffic but having what little information there is in one place would be super.

TSL
Car: Nissan

So has it been finished yet?Any pictures yet?

Anything....

fayceoff

I'm still awaiting photos. He says that everything is finished except for the left turbo is locked up and he has another one on the way. It's kind of frustrating, but I'm awaiting orders to get back over there so I can get it back, drive it, and post my own pics.

edit: I'm flattered you picked this thread to be your first to post in. Welcome to NICO!

jamesblonde82
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx convertible RIP 5/10/07 1993 Nissan 240sx convertible

oh so not shipping it back to virginia?

TSL
Car: Nissan

fayceoff wrote:edit: I'm flattered you picked this thread to be your first to post in. Welcome to NICO!
Well i have been a long time lurker. I am very interested in this conversion and i was interested in buying one of the conversion kits, but that was a long time ago now.

To be honest i have followed this thread for some time now and i am just trying to find out if this guy is legit. His website looks like it has been taken down. It is coming up to nearly 2 years since he first started this thread claiming that he would be selling conversion kits. Then it takes him nearly a year to do an engine conversion on your car. One thing that makes me a little suspicious is that he puts up detailed photos of a simple rust repair but not one single picture of the engine conversion. Anybody who asks any questions at all about it gets accused of trying to steal his ideas. He claims that the original 240sx vg30dett car was thrashed every day/week but is unable to provide even one photo or video of it running.

What work did you actually get to see completed on your car while you were over there?

Will there ever be a conversion kit available to the public?

fayceoff

jamesblonde82 wrote:oh so not shipping it back to virginia?
Well, yeah, after this second tour in the desert... If for some reason I don't get the orders, I'll have to pay to have it shipped back, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

TSL, I can't tell you anything about the kit - sorry. All I can say is that I trust Dale, and if he fvcks me over after all he knows I've been thru then Karma will get him back. I still have ultimate confidence in him.

RussianMafia
Car: ae86 gts 87 coupe and 96 240sx se 5 speed

nothing for nothing but is he sending you pictures with all the updates??? Dont wont to see another guy get Fuc#$% over on his car. Just my 2 centsp.s iv seen this way to many times.

fayceoff

Sometimes I get pictures and sometimes we just talk. Like I said, I trust him and - well, see my post above.

xChevox
Car: 1992 240sx and Volvo S60R

Hi. i recently bought a VG30 and i was wondering how much was the kit to swap in my 240sx 1992 http://img395.imageshack.us/im...4.jpg

fayceoff

There's still no kit. Good luck, though.

xChevox

Well i just took out my engine and i found someone to install the engine for me for about a grand.

http://img257.imageshack.us/im...9.jpg

fayceoff

Sounds like a great deal. Post it here when it's done...

xChevox

yea ur right theres no kits for it yet but my autoshop teacher said you can make ur own mounts his helpin me iam abut to to do it this week ill post pics when its in its etheir iam gonna do it by my self or ask someone to install it for me ill go some where elese for the wiring for sure though

fayceoff

Yeah, the engine mounts shouldn't be that hard, but the way I understand it, the wiring on this swap is only slightly easier than the RB.

Nis-240sx-san
Car: 1991 240sx KA-T

Hey,I have been thinking of different engines to swap into my 89 240sx hatch. I have decided to go VG30. This thread really helps me see whats invloved in a VG swap, and I think I am going to give it a shot too. BTW I cant wait for an update on this, awesome build

xChevox

Well It took me a while but i kept on buying after market parts for my car lol and i was talkin to my auto shop teacher and he convinced me to do it my self so i can learn well i fit the engine in and i got the measurements for it and his gonan teach me how to make the mounts so i think it should be done soon and iam going some were elese for the wiring lol screw that

http://img509.imageshack.us/my...5.jpg

xChevox

Thanks i hope it goes well this is a very hard swap though so you gotta spend alot of time on it

200zx

xChevox wrote:Thanks i hope it goes well this is a very hard swap though so you gotta spend alot of time on it
Its not that bad it depends on how hard you want to make it for yourself ie where a bouts you position the engine, if you move it right back you give your self lots of work, if you keep away from the fire wall its not so bad, if you make a custom manifold it gets easier again, it really depends on what you want, I think its worth doing as it is a nice engine that often gets slated for no reason and its unlikely you will pull up along side another 240 with a vg30dett

xChevox

Yeah i wanna be diffrent i dont want a sr20det swap like everyone my plan is to make it all motor engine i got greedy emanager and iam ordering some pullys and headers and an exaust

200zx

I would get the engine in first if i were you

fayceoff

RussianMafia wrote:nothing for nothing but is he sending you pictures with all the updates??? Dont wont to see another guy get Fuc#$% over on his car. Just my 2 centsp.s iv seen this way to many times.
Damn, dude, it's looking like you jinxed me. Now I haven't heard from Dale in nearly a month, and he was supposed to have entered the car into a show on the 2nd weekend of April... I've sent text messages and e-mails - nothing. Maybe he'll see this and get in contact.

edit: Oh snap, son! Dale got my most recent text and answered. He says he's been working outside Bahrain a lot (I'm assuming Saudi and the Emirates), but he's going to call me when he gets back into Bahrain next week. I'll keep you guys updated.
Modified by fayceoff at 12:24 AM 5/2/2008

blazen
Car: nissan 200sx s13

Hi I will buy VG30DETT engine. I want to know something,if this engine could settle to the front axle in to 200/240sx s13 model without adjustments. How it´s with Z32 gear box ? thank you

fayceoff

I have to tell the truth here: I have NO idea! All of the work on my car is being done on the the other side of the world from me so I can't stop by the shop and help out. Maybe someone else can answer that for you. I think that the transmission tunnel has to be widened, but that's all I can say for now.

blazen
Car: nissan 200sx s13

fayceoff wrote:I have to tell the truth here: I have NO idea! All of the work on my car is being done on the the other side of the world from me so I can't stop by the shop and help out. Maybe someone else can answer that for you. I think that the transmission tunnel has to be widened, but that's all I can say for now.
thank you, for your answer.transmittion tunel will be broaden,bat what with this engine and front axle?

sauceja
Car: 1989 Nissan 240SX Hatch

Fayceoff: have you gotten any news as to the status of your car. I have read through all the pages as I will be looking for an engine upgrade possibilities.This looks a little too much time consuming for me.But new to nissans and looks like there are even more possible engine choices for the 240 than there are for the civics.

Anyways let us know when you get it done!

Return to “Hybrids”