VG30DETT into 1989 240SX

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
ZenkiOwns
Car: Cereal box of doom

After the first five pages, I decided to skip to the end.

I browsed your website, but didn't see a pricerange.

Please email me with more details regarding it.

[email protected]

...and thumbs up on all of your work. I'm glad someone finally decided you can drive around in a powerful STREET car, sitting in A/C and the luxury of cruise control.

nwmrkt
Car: S13

180sxfaktory wrote:If you are questioning if the repairs made to the chassis are rock solid, they are. Old, rotted stuff was cut out, new metal welded in, ground down, and surface treated. Performance? No different than new OEM.

If I see something that I feel needs reinforced, I do it. There is a methodology to my madness. With any hybridization that gets done to a car that never came OEM with the type of engines we are seeing being put into them today, believe me, the chassis needs some reinforcement. As for the chassis repair work, the stuff is spot on, but since the car is going to be powered by a VG30DETT, which will put a lot more stress on the chassis, I will reinforce the areas of the car that need it. I think I enlightened you to it in my other thread. Not necessarily stitch weld, but will reinforce with additional metal bridges at certain stress points. A 300ZX Z32 chassis is much more robust than the S13.

Sure, you hear about people swapping in RB20-RB26, as well as 1JZ/2JZ and LSX but I am willing to bet that a lot of these cars had no reinforcements done. Believe me, just because a swap happens to be doable and buttloads of people are doing it, there are added new stresses put on that chassis and the suspension, and it's a matter of time before things start to go wrong.
Ic, thanks for the insight anyways are you going to posting up when you do the "reinforcement" that would be cool to see.

Thanks

180sxfaktory
Car: 1989 RS13 180SX 1991 RMS13 240SX 1992 RS13 200SX

Zee wrote:
I can completely understand that. I just wanted to see how things were going. I wouldn't want you to rush it out knowing that FayceOff is a good guy and that this project for him is going to make you have a HUGE customer base. I am glad to see you have your pritoties straight and I can't wait to see it done.

On a side note, you are staying in Bahrain?
Thanks for your support Besides the fact that AJ is an awesome guy, a patriot, brother in arms who I have gotten to know personally, I will treat everybody the same way. There's some give and take here, and I really appreciate the fact that he has gone through great lengths to get this project underway. No, I have too much respect for AJ, aka FAYCEOFF, and for him to do this out of all people is a blessing that I do not count lightly.

AJ, I appreciate your trust and faith, bro... Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and with that, we're making sure it goes off as planned. Hopefully, better than planned.

I was going to come back to the USA but after some soul-searching and some things that just can't be explained with mere words (good things), I am going to further establish myself here. I've got some people who have actually seen what I can do and like the results, and that's been besides working with cars and stuff. I've done some business plans and have helped some people get their stuff up and going, and to sum it all up, my heart is here. I want to come back to the USA, but after I've done some more work and built up some cred as well as some grip, because to do what I want to do in the USA is gonna take more than just a handshake and a promise.

180sxfaktory

ZenkiOwns wrote:After the first five pages, I decided to skip to the end.

I browsed your website, but didn't see a pricerange.

Please email me with more details regarding it.

[email protected]

...and thumbs up on all of your work. I'm glad someone finally decided you can drive around in a powerful STREET car, sitting in A/C and the luxury of cruise control.
Thanks for reading this and for going to the site.

I took the price off because I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot. I apologize, but please wait until FAYCEOFF's is completed, and then when we've gone over the numbers, I will put up an accurate price list.. I do know there will be three levels- master kit, intermediate, starter. Each level will build off the other. The starter kit will get you just the basics.

180sxfaktory

For that, I will definitely do. I see too many people running around with big engine swaps and the damn things are just dangerous and harmful to the chassis and to themselves and to the general public. Good idea!

KiNgEnMa

the thing is i was gonna ask how much would u charge to do a swap for me and like how far are u from where i live etc. nothin industry related lol. just wanted to get some info about how much u would charge or how long it would take etc how to get where u are

180sxfaktory

I see! Well, I am in the Middle East. I live and work in Bahrain. I think maybe this is too far for you.

KiNgEnMa

ya i think so too i live in pennsylvania -.-

nwmrkt
Car: S13

180sxfaktory wrote:For that, I will definitely do. I see too many people running around with big engine swaps and the damn things are just dangerous and harmful to the chassis and to themselves and to the general public. Good idea!
Nice! can't wait to see . Also by reinforcing...is it because of the extra weight of the VG or more power the engine produces/will? Aside from reinforcing with braces etc, stitching or of course a cage would satisfy that as well correct? Hmmm, im doing a run of the mill sr into my s13, but later on down the road big power upgrades will be done...would you suggest reinforcement be done also?

Thanks!

180sxfaktory

For a normal SR, CA swap, there's nothing more than what you already have, granted the chassis is in sound physical condition. We've discussed that in my other thread. If you feel there is a need to reinforce the chassis, do what is sensible, as what others here have done. A welded in rollcage is the way to go versus a bolt in. Check out the NICO Time Attack S13. See what the bros and sisters are doing with that car. They are welding in the cage. DJ Button and MagikDragon can fill you in if you ask.

TheGift

awesome man... cheers to that swap!

ZenkiOwns
Car: Cereal box of doom

180sxfaktory wrote:
Thanks for reading this and for going to the site.

I took the price off because I don't wanna shoot myself in the foot. I apologize, but please wait until FAYCEOFF's is completed, and then when we've gone over the numbers, I will put up an accurate price list.. I do know there will be three levels- master kit, intermediate, starter. Each level will build off the other. The starter kit will get you just the basics.
Thanks for the info. Can't wait for the release.

180sxfaktory

Say good-bye!

Something's amiss!

I think it needs V-6 TT power...

What comes out does not necessarily come back in. MAYHEM FairladySX will be sporting a 1998 VG30DETT with automatic. I was a bit surprised to find a modded ECU the other day. Wouldn't it be nice to find twin HKS GT2530 and some 550cc injectors? We shall see tomorrow. Not getting up anybody's hopes, but it's nice to dream. Maybe it will come true. Who knows? All I know is that the previous owner did put some thought into this engine.

Anyway, now that the 240SX has the engine and transmission out, I was able to look around inside the bay. The bay is in excellent shape, and that's always a good thing. When we remove the VG30DETT and transmission, we'll be able to determine if anything trick was done. The thing with VG30DETT, they are a real pain to work with since the car itself was designed around the engine, but in the S13 chassis, it's a lot easier.

As per FAYCEOFF's request, we will be using as much of the swap chassis as we can. I will incorporate the front chassis harness and the dash harness and splice in the necessary KA harness where it counts.

Geting a little ahead of myself here... Next step is to clean the bay area by degreasing and removing any of the peripheral items that will not be used and doing some preventative maintenance. I am very ecstatic that the frame rails are not corroded out because it will make our job much easier. As I said previously, the chassis will be reinforced at the stress points. This car will bring enjoyment and satisfaction for years to come. Simultaneously, the donor engine and gearbox will get the TLC because you guys know how much I hate dirt, grease, oil and rust/oxidation. Simple Green, stainless steel pads, diesel/kerosene, WD40 and some old fashioned elbow grease will be applied.

The harnesses will be checked thoroughly, unraveled, cleaned and reassembled with special emphasis on the connectors. I really hate dirty, frazzled wire harnesses, and I will treat this car as it it were mine. This is where Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder is actually a plus.

I'm excited to be working on this project, so stay tuned. AJ, weigh in as necessary, since this is your car.

johngriff
Car: 240sx

Thought I would just bounce on, and post whore it up real quick with some pics!

Viva la VG Revolution!

fayceoff

180sxfaktory wrote:Say good-bye!
Good-bye, POS, missing on one cylinder KA24E motor!
180sxfaktory wrote:...and I will treat this car as it it were mine. This is where Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder is actually a plus.

I'm excited to be working on this project, so stay tuned. AJ, weigh in as necessary, since this is your car.
I gotta tell you, Dale... We had the memorial for my son this afternoon, and I'm a little drunk right now, but this is almost as emotional moment as any other I had today. Jaymee was so excited about being the first to ride in this car. He was the only one I really talked to about my plans for the car, and I know he's excited right now too. Get the car painted blue, please. He would have loved seeing that in the driveway.... I'm thrilled that the real work is underway. AsSalaamAlaikum (Peace and blessings) to everyone.

180sxfaktory

Alaikum AsSalaam.... AJ, it is a pleasure to work on this project for you and on behalf of Jaymee, and I know that this car is as much his as it is yours. Inshallah, we will complete the job as he would have liked to have seen it become. Mashallah...

Again, thank you for entrusting this project to me and Shakr.

180sxfaktory

While I am at home regulating the house cleaners ( I really am; I'm giving my house the major cleaning; getting ready for a new chapter), I've been trying to research that company who did work on the ECU. "Prof" comes leads to "Prof (Sheep Dog)", which is a company in Japan that manufactures exhaust pieces for cars, as well as BOV and some other items. I can't seem to find anything that points at them as having anything to do with electronics. This could have been one of the myriad of privateer shops back in the day (I've never heard of them then or now). I just wanted to document any known history of the pieces that will make Mayhem Fairlady SX. Anybody out there who has some info, I'd definitely appreciate it.

fayceoff

The idea of Dale treating my car as though it was his is a little overwhelming - If you've seen the care and attention to detail that he puts into his work, you understand what I mean. My car is going to be so sick I'm going to have to drink Pepto before I look out into the driveway in the morning...

180sxfaktory

It's the only way to be, my brother!

I am also wanting to find out the date of manufacture of the car and how many were produced that day. That's being ultra-anal. No dollar value, but it's pieces of history that is better to find out now versus somewhere decades from now. It's nice to know these things.

SilviaConFb
Car: 91 honda civic

johngriff wrote:Thought I would just bounce on, and post whore it up real quick with some pics!

Viva la VG Revolution!
Thats just awsome.

Zee
Car: 99 Chevy Cavalier

Dude Silvia stop quoting pics. Learn not to be a newbie.

SilviaConFb
Car: 91 honda civic

Zee wrote:Dude Silvia stop quoting pics. Learn not to be a newbie.
Blow MeH where mEh pampers is.

Sorry dale, wasnt trying to threadjack by flaming :P

Btw that was a quick reply i did to those pics since i was just checking up on this post b4 i ran off to work.
Modified by SilviaConFb at 8:25 AM 8/21/2007

180sxfaktory

SilviaConFb wrote:
Blow MeH where mEh pampers is.
Brothers, please... not here. Thank you.

Zee

I just have a quick question. What exactly would we need from a 300zx clip? Would it be easier to buy a front clip or to buy the engine and just source the other parts?

johngriff
Car: 240sx

Clip would probably be best, since you will be sure you have all the parts you need.

180sxfaktory

Thanks, John. Exactly as John says. To piece these inidividual parts together would end up being more costly compared to buying a half cut.

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

Dale, remind me if I'm ever in the middle east to go check your place out. Maybe I'll wait for a few less wars though.

180sxfaktory

No wars here... Just isolated in Iraq. I really pray that it stops soon. It has become our generation's Vietnam.

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

I take your word for it, but I'm sure you can understand why I'd be weary about going to Bahrain at a time like this, eh?

Zee

Any updates?

Return to “Hybrids”