vg30 lifter sepcs

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
cypherbane139
Car: 85 300zx

*first post* hello,I just bought an 85 300zx (220k miles) turbo from a guy out of the movie deliverance. the slave cylinder is kapoot, and the cylinder head gasket was "blown". I buy it for 400 bucks, and didn't even have to squeal! when i started to tear into it i noticed the lifter faces looked good. there was no oil on the oil pan, tons on the transmission. tried to put it together. when i finally got the cylinder heads off, i learned two things. 1: BOTH exhaust manifolds were cracked! (NOOOOOO) half of the bolts weren't even ON! I checked the deck on both heads, no warpage. couldn't get a .003 under em. the valves aren't cracked as far as i can tell. and 2: there was no lip.... i could still see the crosshatch pattern on the walls. someone ether bought a crate engine, or had the bottom end rebuilt. the headgasket was put on with RTV lol..... anyway, i took a look at the lifters and a few look to have been changed out. i belive the ticking sound was the manifolds, but i want to make sure the lifters are good before i slap it all back together. i havent found any specs on them, does anyone know where i should go, or have any information on this subject?

thanks in advance, and i apologize for the excessive post, but i couldn't belive what i found. =P

cypherbane139

does anyone have the clearance for the lifter bores? i have a chilton's book but it doesn't give anything. it just says "the 84-89 have hydraulic tappets and do not need adjustment." =\

krdk
Car: 94 Nissan Pickup XE-V6, 98 Chevy Malibu LS 3.1

cypherbane139

thank you so much! =)

been looking everywhere

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”