vg turbo manifold clearance

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
zanelzs
Car: 1994 maxima gxe

i have a 94 gxe that i am working on turbocharging, currently have the turbo (garrett t25 off sr20det) , injectors, maf, and some other odds and ends. i have seen mtcookson's way of turboing the vg by mounting the turbo on the crossover pipe. what i'd like to know is if i use the turbo manifold off of a z31 will the turbo clear the front motor mount ? i know it wont clear the fans but im not worried about that. anyone running this setup ? or is a custom motor mount required ? thanks.

zanelzs
Car: 1994 maxima gxe

bumpp. what a helpful forum

mtcookson
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX
1992 Iinfiniti Q45
and much much more

Sorry for the delay. Been away for a while.

I know the stock Z32 T3 turbo will not clear the stock motor mount and most likely the T25 you have won't either so a custom motor mount will be the route you'll need to take.

I also recommend not using that turbo you have. It will be way too small for the VG. I wouldn't go any smaller than a T3, which is even then a bit on the small side for the compressor.

If you're even considering going with a larger turbo at all down the road, go ahead and get the one you want now so that you can design your system around that instead of having to redesign the system down the road for a larger turbo.

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”