VG engine swap issue.

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
Not a mechanic
Car: 1991 Maxima VG30

Maybe this is a better place to post this.
Hello Board! My name is Dave and I will try to make a long story a short question. I have replaced the 1991 Maxima VG30 engine with another VG30 of the same year. I have never driven this car because I bought it with a blown Timing Belt. I heard it was running poorly before it blew the belt. I have it all put together but find there is no pulse power going to the sub harness for injectors 2,4 and 6. I tested the engine side of the connection with the car running on the other 3 cylinders and there is 1 pin with constant power but no power to the other 2. Odd there is 4 pins but 3 wires on this engine side plug. I have a Chilton but the earliest FSM I can find is 94. When I look at the Chilton as well as the 94 FSM wiring diagrams it looks like there should be 4 wires. existing condition has 1 of the wires coming from that plug spliced into a green white wire that heads up to the AAC harness and the other 2 dive into the main wiring harness heading back to the ECCS I guess. can anybody point me in a direction to troubleshoot from here?

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”