Versa in Snow

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Speaking of snow, we got 2-4 inches today. We're suppose to get another 2 more inches later this afternoon (highly doubt it).

The experience in the snow was alright. It handled better than I expected with the stock tires. I usually keep the o/d on and brake slowly before stopping.

My '98 Civic was terrible in the snow, a little bit of slush and couldn't stay on the road without skidding around. Possibly because it had summer tires.Still, I'm more concerned about other drivers on the roads than mine. They cannot drive worth crap here(mostly cali transplants).

More than willing to trade places with to live in Phoenix so I can get away from cold and snow!

gqdre

blizzaks baby!

excompost
Car: 2008 Nissa Versa S sedan, automatic transmission

Hi Sonofasailor and others,
I'm looking to buy four extra rims for my 08 Versa. OEM specs call for 15 x 5.5 or 6.0 inch rims and 4 x 114.5 bolt pattern. Would 6.5" wide rims from a Sentra work on the vehicle without rubbing or causing other issues? Looks like the offset of the Sentra's is 39 mm and for the Sentra OEM it's 41 mm. Could my 185/65 x 15 summer tires mount on the 6.5" wide rims ok? Thanks.

longo wrote:Hey there, my 4 Hankooks look very similar to your "Ice Carvers"...mine are 205 60 15's on Sentra rims..a little wider rim but makes for a nicer ride. Still,let's hope for a mild winter. [IMG][/IMG<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From my pics</td></tr></table>

Modified by longo at 12:36 AM 11/28/2008

lordthygod
Car: Versa/nx2000

Ive had my no abs no traction control 07 versa since .3 miles and live out side of buffalo ny. Most winters i dont bother with snow tires just a good set of all seasons(just never found a set that i liked, and the g019 grid potenzas were actually better than the ones i tried including the random studded snows i have on the front now since they finally gave up the ghost after like 5-6 years all four seasons :P)
You will get a little bit of one tire fire in first through third gears if you have if you are hammering on the throttle but it will always pull you up to speed regardless even with lower tread all seasons, braking tends to a lot better than accel so no worries there. If you are really in some sloppy stuff and it wants to under steer at an intersection from a stop light a slight use of hand brake will bring it around nice and even in lane and let you regain front traction.
My biggest suggestion if never put a ton of weight in the rear of the hatch it makes the weight balance to polar and it will want to spin, if you want more weight for traction put on the floor in front of rear seats or just don't clean off your roof of snow :P

Oh and the picture was from last November when we had a snow storm that gave us roughly 6-7 feet of snow in 2-3 days, that was a picture of the first night just before i went up to the store to buy bread, milk, eggs, and the last case of beer in the store. I went because my brothers 4wd colorado with 4 new studded snows had more trouble getting out of the side parking spot next to me than my versa with low tread all seasons :P And the look of the national guard confused to my nismo suspension versa(lower) getting around better than their armored vehicles (trollalolalol wide sand tires in a blizzard) was priceless

Return to “Versa General Chat”