VDC, Slip and ABS lights?!?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NismoPhan
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue S AWD

So, I've had my Rogue for about three weeks now and I love it! Oddly though, today as I abruptly got off the highway almost missing my exit, the VDC, Slip and ABS lights all came on. I turned off the engine and restarted it and they were gone. Anybody else have an issue? I've searched the forum and found people having problems with 2006 G-series and Titans but nothing with the Rogue. Figured I'd see if anyone else had this occur before I run screaming to the dealership. Don't even have 1k miles on the thing yet.

jmbones

My wifes Rogue has done the same thing 3 times now. Once she restarts the vehicle, the lights disappear. I posted this in the thread about snow.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I would definately say that this is not something that is common or normal for the Rogue, and that it is absolutely NOT to be ignored. I'm sure this is a problem that needs to be diagnosed by your service department. Perhaps you have a defect with the computer, or the ABS system itself, but the bottom line is this should never happen and your vehicle likely requires some warrantly repairs. I think most Rogue owners would agree that they have not experienced this and it should be a big red flag to have serviced. Good luck.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Generally this is one of two things - 1. your brake fluid is low or 2. there is a vdc issue. Either way I would have it looked at if you don't like to monkey around with your car.

captcab
Car: Nissan Rogue

This happened to me just the other day for the 2nd time. It was extremely cold here the other day so I assumed Rogue wasn't happy about the cold but I'm starting to get worried.

kerrton

Hey guys, don't get worried, just take it to your Service Dept., it will be covered under warranty and it may be a simple fix, either way let them worry about it.

Please post the results of your visit, so others can refer back to this as required.

Thanks.

NismoPhan

Well... it happened again. Hadn't had the instance in a while so I figured it was okay, but I was wrong. But it definitely has something to do with very cold temps. The weather had been mild up until a couple of days ago and BLAM lights galore! Only on the first trip of the day after the warm up no problems. So going in for my first oil change soon... figure I'll have them check it out then. Wish me luck!

Hey! Captcab... where did you pick up your Rogue? I got mine at Jerk... I mean Quirk Nissan in Quincy.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

If it was temperature related, you'd probably expect a wave of these issues from us up North, cold temperature (-30 C) has stricken our part of the world.

philipa_240sx

That is really puzzling. I have had ZERO issues with the VDC/ABS systems. And I have already driven through some cold weather (-20C).

captcab
Car: Nissan Rogue

Got mine at Ira in Woburn. Salesman was really nice, finance manager not so much.....

gardenlady

Who was the finance person? When did you buy? Are they still there?

jmbones

To all the folks who have these lights come on at once at certain periods. Does your Rogue also show just the "slip detected" light and induce traction control/throttle adjustments? My wifes Rogue did this yesterday. The dash light for slip detection would go on and engage the traction control and the car would buck because of the throttle cutoff and the ABS. Problem is, the road was dry and straight, the wheels were not slipping.

NismoPhan

Nope. No actual reaction from the vehicle. Just all three lights turning on at the same time. But every single time I was driving straight on the highway as well. It hasn't happened in the last 1000 miles or so. And I no longer think the cold has anything to do with it since we've been blasted with so much snow and ice for the past month. I just took the car in to for an oil change at the dealership and they plugged in to run the codes but came out with nothing. Funny thing is that I haven't noticed it happen since I actually got my slip sensor to actually trip whilst having some fun in the snow. Maybe it just needed a break in. I dunno. At least I have it documented at the dealer in case something bigger arises.

NissanCanada

I had the exact same thing, I am taking it to the dealership, have you figured out what the issue is?

NissanCanada

okay, so my dealership figured out what it was, the wire that connected to the ABS sensor was corroded. I asked how that was possible when the car isn't a year old. I was told that the wire wasn't long enough, so it stretched far enough that it pulled the wire protection. Then with all the salt and cold weather it finally corroded. They put in a longer wire. Problem solved.

philipa_240sx

NissanCanada,

Totally off topic, but your forum name 'NissanCanada' may attract some unwanted attention. Many might start thinking you represent Nissan Canada itself.

Anyways, welcome to the forums!

NissanCanada

that's why I updated my signature, so people don't think that. Plus I really doubt that Nissan Canada would try to post solutions in forums, they'd want you to bring in the car to their dealerships so they can suck the money out of you.

philipa_240sx

NissanCanada wrote:that's why I updated my signature, so people don't think that.
You realize your signature does not appear in every post. Just your first post in the page. Subsequent posts on the same page do not show signatures. It's part of the forum software... it automatically does this.

don9512
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

My wifes Rogue is having the same problem. The dealer has had it for 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. The Service Manager claims they have run every test and spoke to Nissan many times about the problem but no one has ever had this problem and they can't figure it out. I printed and presented to them the list of problems from this thread and they still have no clue. They assure us the car is safe. I don't beleive that is the case.

Is there any one that has found a solution or that can help?

don9512

Our Rogue is problem with the ABS engaging randomly when driving. The Slip, VDC and ABS lights all come on. The car becomes undrivable. The dealer has had it for 2 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. The Service Manager claims they have run every test they have and spoke to Nissan many times about the problem but they claim no one has ever had this problem and they can't figure it out. I printed and presented to them the list of some similar issues I found on this forum but they still have no clue. They assure us the car is safe I asked them to put that in writing because I don't beleive that is the case. It's now sitting in the garage because we are in fear of having an accident.

Is there any one that has found a solution or that can help?

JunseiMotors
Car: 2010 Nissan Titan LE
2004 Acura RSX Type S - Supercharged
1986 Toyota AE86 GTS (hatch)

any Codes?

don9512

No codes at all. I wrote a letter to Nissan asking for their help. I showed a copy of the letter to the Service Manager and he decided to keep the car and talk to Nissan again. According to him Nissan won't let him replace any parts since they can't duplicate the problem.

JunseiMotors
Car: 2010 Nissan Titan LE
2004 Acura RSX Type S - Supercharged
1986 Toyota AE86 GTS (hatch)

We'll thats a 100% fact. Nissan wont anything be replaced unless the problem is duplicated and the part being replaced has failed. If there is no codes then it is a definite electrical problem which is intermittent. Wow thats a long time to keep the car. is there any other dealerships nearby? Reason I ask is some dealerships might have more experienced techs then others. especially if it were to be an electrical issue. Ive seen vehicles from other dealers come here to our seasoned techs. For example, the next closest dealership to us doesnt have a GTR certified tech. No one qualified enough. Just an example.

Modified by NissanTech50902 at 8:37 PM 1/30/2010

don9512

No not really any other dealerships near by. They have had it a while but I want it fixed. $28000 bucks for a car you are afraid to drive isn't so cool. My son is at college so we have another car to drive for now.

Truth is I think the dealer is doing what they can they just don't want to get stuck with the bill if Nissan won't cover a new computer part. I plan to be the squeaky wheel with Nissan. I've bought 5 new Nissans I think I've earned some consideration on fixing the car.

There are other people with this problem, someone has to know something about it.

kev410
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I had same problem. Everytime I turned a corner hard it came on. Was never wet or icy. Multiple times at service..found nothing. Last time I talked to manager. It is a sensor in steering column..fixed it at same time as the recalll fo nut on steering wheel. Good Luck!

kerrton

Hey Kev410,

Thanks a lot for reporting back, you are only the second person on this forum to report an actual diagnosis and successful repair.

One source of the problem was a corroded wire to the ABS sensor, and your issuew as related to a sensor or electrical problem of some sort in the steering column. Hopefull this will help others to find a successful resolution.

This is sounds like a really significant problem, so please anyone else who finds a resolution post it here to help others out.

Even if the vehicle is still "safe" to drive as some dealers have stated I'd still be really concerned about being left stranded, so I hope the few of you that had this problem can get it solved very soon.

twowhldoug
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I had a 2008 Rogue with the same problem. It turned out to be the yawl sensor. It was at the Dealer two times before they were able to track it down. After replacing the sensor the problems went away.I hope this will help you. Doug

CJD91
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue S AWD

All my lights went on when I was doing donuts in a snow filled parking lot. I think I confused the s*** out of the VDC system.

don9512

Update:

The dealer after having the car for 2 weeks could find nothing. Since the vehicle had been in 3 times for the same thing they replaced the steering sensor. Yesterday after only a hundred miles or so it happened again. This time we were prepared and video taped the incident. Still Nissan doesn't seem to want to fix it because they can't recreate while in their shop. I am going through the complaint process with Nissan and I beleive I may lodge a complaint with NTSB. I doupt anything will come of it but right now I have a $28000 Rogue that can be safety driven. Is this Toyota all over again?

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hey i was just going through the infiniti forum and saw this thread...the issue seems related

zer...ntrol

Return to “Rogue Forum”