VDC, Slip and ABS lights?!?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Beagle_Hauler
Car: 1996 Suzuki X-90 & 1944 Ford GPW

And it just happened to me last night on the way home from the Dog Park. I am extremely disappointed that something like a faulty brake light switch leads to the VDC and slip lights coming on which leads to some kind of limp mode from a dead stop! Very poor engineering if you ask me. I nearly got rear ended three times by drivers as it wouldn't hardly budge from the light when it turned green. I have a 2008 SL AWD with approx 50,000 miles. I had noticed my VCD and slip lights come on twice in the last week and each time was on some patched roads so I thought it was the system being finicky. Here in Oregon they don't take proper care of the roads and the patches are not smooth. Anyway, this time the light came on for no apparent reason and at the first red light it wouldn't go. I floored the accelerator pedal and it just crept forward as if "first" gear was slipping. I figured either I had a bunch of dog hair under the pedal or the tranny konked out. Got home, came here and I see it's a growing problem. Went back outside at night and started it up, stepped on the brake and no lights. None. All three are out. Going to get a switch at the dealer in a few minutes (it's now saturday morning, thank goodness they are open..I just hope it's in stock..) and will report back. I guess the worst of it all is that my fellow drivers didn't have the courtesy to inform me my brake lights were not working. Instead I got fingers and evil eyes..Thanks Nissan, you nearly got me road raged..

deedeem40
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue sl awd

I have a 2009 rogue w all these lights on, traction control keeps on and grinds. Brought it to team nissan north, where I bought it 3 months ago, n they told me it was the wheel speed sensor OR it could be the ABS is no good. I couldn't afford their repair price so I had my mechanic read the code and fix the sensor. It worked great for 3 days then all those lights came on AND the ABS kicks on n I can't go over 15 mph. My mechanic checked the code read out and again it said left front wheel speed sensor intermittent. Help!!!! We know the sensor is good, and its not cold here.

mattp2017

My father in law has a 2009 Nissan rogue. The other day he went over some railroad tracks and his vdc, slip and abs lights came on and would not go off and car had a loss of power.

I read the posts here and other places. We made sure we had enough brake fluid and we changed the rear brake pads. We tried to rest it by driving forward for a couple of hundred feet. None of that worked. my father in law took the vehicle to Oreilly's auto parts. They ran a diagnostic check on it and it came back as a bad wheel sensor on the rear driver side.

We jacked the car up and found on the back of the wheel there was a round disk that the wheel sensor mounted into. It had come loose and was just dangling there. i looked on the other tire and the sensor in the disk was at about 12 o'clock position. We pushed the disk back into place at about the 9 o'clock position and turned it clockwise to the 12 o'clock position. We then put the tire back on and backed out of the garage after a few feet in reverse the lights went out and the vehicle ran as good as new. PROBLEM SOLVED.

:bowrofl:

Return to “Rogue Forum”