Vacuum Line Removal

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Boosted-G
Car: 1986.5 Nissan Hardbody
Stock z24i

Kbayles wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:50 pm
Kbayles wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm
I have a 1989 Nissan d21 with a z24i engine so its fuel injected. Can I still do this vaccum delete?
Yes absolutely! I just did it on my 86.5 D21. The gains were incredible and cleaned up the idle. Follow each and every main vacuum line and cap them as shown earlier In the post. I removed every single vacuum line besides brake booster. My emissions junk ended up being full of water which was really odd to me! But my head just ended up being cracked a couple months ago and I rebuilt the engine, and I didn’t do all of the emission deletes/ cat removal til after the fact. Really surprises me how much better this z24i runs without the extra emissions junk.

720 victim 83
Car: 1983 Nissan 720

I noticed that the pictures that was in this forum is no longer available, also wonder how long would it usually take for an answer to be provided. Saw where it's usually months sometimes years, because I would like to know if anyone else has pictures that they would like to share of their 83 Datson/Nissan 720 z24 vacuum hose delete with the new weber 32/36 DGEV. Thanks in advance.

720 victim 83

I noticed that the pictures that was in this forum is no longer available, also wonder how long would it usually take for an answer to be provided. Saw where it's usually months sometimes years, because I would like to know if anyone else has pictures that they would like to share of their 83 Datson/Nissan 720 z24 vacuum hose delete with the new weber 32/36 DGEV. Thanks in advance.

Brownietruck
Car: 1985 Nissan KingCab 4x4 Z24

720 victim 83,
I got an email about a post here so I thought I'd check it out, even though my old nissan finally dissolved and I no longer have it.......I am able to still see all the pictures except for that 1st one in the thread....and I am not sure if that one has ever been there since I posted quite some time ago?
Good luck!

lalsimmons
Car: 2009 Triumph Scrambler
1982 Datsun 720

I can see all the pictures, so I agree that they still exist minus one. I still have a factory carb - so I do not have any guess on how to do it with a Weber. That said, if you know how to install the Weber in place of the factory carb, then I would guess that you can just cap / use the ones as the factory. But again I think that assumes that the install on the Weber is straight forward for you.

lalsimmons
Car: 2009 Triumph Scrambler
1982 Datsun 720

I am blown away every time I open this thread how many people have looked at it. I had so much fun with that project, and since then the truck largely has just run. Knock on wood I have been able to largely just drive it.

720 victim 83

Thanks for responding Brownietruck and lalsimmons. I guess that i had figured it out(luckily) but I wasn't referring to this post actually it was the vacuum hose delete but somehow it had sent it to here!? Anywho it was on the 720 vacuum delete hose where the person had posted like 20 or so pictures from photobucket I believe and he was going to resend later but I didn't find it seeing people asking about it without any response until later (like months to years). So I just figured out what was what considering that the previous owner had it all apart with the original carburetor was leaking badly. Thanks again.

Return to “Datsun 720”