USDM S13 gauge cluster and HVAC controls no longer working

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
ChrisXchross
Car: 1991 Nissan C33 Laurel
1990 Nissan 240SX s13

Tl;dr: wiring in a wideband killed cluster and AC controls
Hey guys, it’s my first post here and I’m seriously trying to figure out this issue with my 240sx. It’s a 1990 5speed hatch. Anyways, recently I was wiring in my innovate lc-1 wide band and innovate autotimer wideband gauge. In doing so I used the wideband 02 sensors secondary output wire to loop into the stock 02 wire(as I was informed you could). The rest of the wiring for power was done with fuse splices (2 fuse holder with a wire coming off of one side). Since finishing out the wiring, my gauge cluster no longer gives any read outs besides the battery light working, turn signals, fuel gauge and odometer working. My ac controls are no longer working as well. The buttons and fan switch do nothing and my rear defrost will not turn on. All dash illumination lights work and the dimmer works, head lights work, radio works, hazards and turn signals work and the cigarette lighter works.
So far I’ve pulled and checked all in cabin fuses, the tcu and my wiring job. I’ve inspected the under the hood fuses but see nothing wrong and with the auto timer I get a read out of battery voltage which is saying my battery is charging (13.9-14.2 DCv). I’m kinda stumped here as I’ve tried everything but grounding my red/yellow tcu wire, replacing my 75A fuse and going back to my stock 02 sensor. Any help would be appreciated

Return to “240sx General Discussion”