USB recognition problem

Forum dedicated to computer hardware and software, mobile phones and electronic gadgets.
srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

I have an Acer all-in-one computer running Windows 10 with a USB recognition problem. If I hook up a USB card reader with a microcard from my tablet, for over 5 minutes the computer indicates the card is write-protected and then it corrects itself on its own. Also, none of the software can communicate with or recognize the scanner part of the Epson all-in-one printer/scanner/copier for that same 5 minutes and then it works correctly. The USB keyboard, mouse and external hard drives work perfectly and quickly.

It doesn't matter what USB port I hook these things up to. Any ideas on what's causing it to act like this?

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Please disregard the above. I was "walked" through the solution at another car forum and everything is working properly now. The problem stemmed from a conflict between my antivirus software and the software I am using for these other tasks. We were able to add exclusions for those specific tasks while the antivirus still runs for everything else.

Thank you to everyone who at least looked at this and tried to think of solutions for me.

Return to “Computers / Electronics”