*update* removed navigation and rewired automatic climate control

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
sroberts
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

If you haven't already, consult http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/QX4/2001%20 ... tioner.pdf. Around pg HA-40 - "With Navigation" pinouts. There are one or more (do not recall how many) wires that will not be needed. I think they may be the multiplex communication signals.

cvas
Car: Nissan pathfinder 2002

Did you find a NAV that filled in the entire opening.? What Kind of Nav?

What did you use to trim it out? do you have picture?

01path
Car: 2001 nissan pathfinder

Thank you for your response! I tried dicounacting wires and troubleshooting it one wire at the time..I got the climate control turned on and AC as well but mode botton doesn't work and fans are blowing up toward windshield only..plus I burned the fuse twice for the ignition (7.5... car didn't go in the gear nor windows went up or down). I haven't looked for any navi to fill out the whole yet..I really need to make sure that climate control is working properly before buy the nav for it. However, I have a noob question about page 40 on the Manuel..how do you figure out which pin goes where..because, the numbers on the pins don't match the colors on page 36...I don't see a gray wire(red,white,black,and ground) as shown in the previous pictures on the Manuel. This is really frustrating for me! Sorry for the noob queations!! I feel like I'm really close. Thank you

sroberts

Hey 01path,

The manual does not list the color codes for the wires (that I can tell anyway), instead it goes by pinout number. So to map between with-Nav and without-Nav (pinouts on mid-pg HA-40), you have to look at the wire position in the connector, and look up the purpose of that wire in with-Nav, then find the wire with the same purpose in without-Nav and pair the two. Almost all of these pairings share the same colors. But there are some that either do not, or no longer have a purpose.

Example - your picture below looks like the with-Nav plug:
Pin 9 Grn/Wht/Sil is "Sensor Ground" (pg. HA-42). It pairs to the wire on pin 11 on the without-Nav plug (pg. HA-40).
Pin 10, Grn/Red/Sil is "Sunload Sensor", and pairs to the wire on pin 12 on the without-Nav plug.
Follow this system to determine the purpose of your leftover wires, and see if there is a corresponding wire purpose in the without-Nav plug.

sroberts

I checked my car and found that 01path's gray wire (black, red, white, and ground) is not connected - maybe these are redundant or specific to the NAV, I'm not sure.

01path

Hi Sroberts, I honestly can't thank you enough!!! Everything make sense now. I'm very excited to finish this project tomorrow. I'll let you know the outcome. Thank you again!!!

cvas

Do you have a picture if finished wiring ?

cvas

Do you have. Picture OF finished wiring?

cvas

Could you POST a picture of your finished project with nav & a/c

01path

Finally got a chance to work on the wiring last night!!! I finished the wiring and everything works the way it should. Thank you Sroberts!! Cvas these are some pictures from finished wiring!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Um you are using house wire nuts on your connections? you should use crimp cap connectors like these...

cvas

THANKS DO MUCH . I AM GETTING READY TO HAVE THIS PROJECT DONE IN MY CAR. AL OF THIS WILL HELP AS INFO SO MUCH.

THANKS.....

cvas

Now thaT you have a/c done.

I AM INTERESTED IN HOW YOUR NAV FITS.
I AM WAITING TO BUY.
DO YOU HAVE PICTURES OF FINISHED
WORD? NAV -A/C.

Thanks

sroberts

I used heat shrink solder connectors like those shown below. I plan to post a writeup of my setup with the N7 tablet including the good and the bad about it, though I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

01path

04pathse, I'm not sure if you saw my previous posts! I didn't start with actual connectors. They were all cut! So I used the house wire connectors so it'll be easier to navigate through wires with same colors by using different color connectors(but got lucky on first try). I actually used the ones that Sroberts mentioned in previous post.

CVAS, I haven't purchased the navi yet. Hopefully soon I'll find a nice one. But there are some really good suggestions with pictures in previous pages! GOODLUCK

cvas

Darn.
1. Yeah. the ONLY previous post with Picture with the Nav I have seen, when looked UP CLOSE has about a 1-INCH GAP ON right side. Of NAV.

2. So, do you still have in the factory nav, & have disconnected factory a/c control .
& just took out your factory radio
& put in NEW A/C control and the NEW A/C control is working your A/C?I

I have to hire this done.after I buy all parts. So, I am trying to wait and have all this info correct , before I buy things that may not fit or work & may not be returnable..

01path

I don't think you can have your stock nav and your climate control wired on the same harness! Unless you might be able to just fill out the whole with your nav(not functioning). However I'm not 100% sure! As far as me, I haven't had time to look for a nav yet..I'll start looking for one in few weeks.

cvas

Thankd

2002infinityqx4

After you rewired automatic climate control every thing works? Im thinking to do the same for my 2002 Infinity QX4.

sroberts

2002infinityqx4 wrote:After you rewired automatic climate control every thing works? Im thinking to do the same for my 2002 Infinity QX4.
Everything works on mine, although the auto climate control does not seem as sensitive as the one I had with the navigation unit. It seems to go from fan low/off to max speed and vice-versa more often, where the previous one stepped up and down. In general I find I have to adjust it (er, "correct it") often. Its not a big deal really and it may be due to my particular unit - has anyone else notice the same?

cvas

Has anyone

1. replaced original navigation in 2002 nissan pathfinder with after market navigation

2. and found one that FIT in original bezel or trimmed gap out around navigation?
(Original bezel has navigation 2 din on top and radio 1din on bottom. )

3.. What navigation unit did you buy?

4. What did you use to trim out new navigation?

HGCogswell
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE
2008 Nissan Maxima LE

Thanks to all the forum stalwarts who have documented their efforts to replace their obsolete nav systems. I'm the owner of a 2001 Pathfinder LE with the horribly designed nav/climate control console. I never liked having my climate controls tied to the nav system display, and now the climate control buttons have been falling off. It's becoming a safety problem. I would like to reroute the climate control function, possibly by using the climate control panel from a non-nav equipped 2001-04 Pathfinder, as several other users have done. However, unlike other users, I would like to keep the Bose stereo, and I don't care at all about an installed nav system.

If I can obtain the climate control panel, would it be practical to remove the nav panel entirely, put the smaller climate control panel in its place, and just fill the remaining space on the dash somehow?

rgk
Car: 02 Pathfinder LE 3.5 auto 4x4

HG and cvas: these questions have been answered previously in this thread. Check out page 2.

Darkstonian
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

Hey, all you guys that have done this, do any of you still have the black box from the navi climate control. Mines crapped out, and I'm desperately looking for one. Got as close as to a junkyard saying they had one for $40, but it actually was already gone when I got there, and I'm freezing in Jersey...

atraudes
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4 4WD

You're welcome to my old unit! Could you snap some pictures of it so I can be sure we're talking about the same thing and that the part numbers are the same?

Darkstonian
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

Man, you're a godsend! I have it still installed, but ill download a pic and put it up. In the meantime though, the part number on it is 27760-4W300 or 4W301

atraudes

Sent you a PM

Virginia_DC
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

I hope someone is still monitoring this post but here is my dilemma. For most of the same reasons as everyone else I need to replace my Navigation system. I purchased a non-navigation system from the junkyard. For $30 I got the control unit, 6 CD changer and the Bose radio. The only thing I needed was the control unit. I was able to use the info obtained here to mark pin numbers on all the wires from the harness off the non-navigation (junkyard) control unit ( I scarfed as much as the wiring harness as I could reach when I took it out at the junkyard). My problem is identifying the wires and pin numbers on the navigation system that's in the vehicle (2001 Pathfinder). Using the shop manual here, my connectors are different. The manual here shows M104 as a 20 pin connector with 8 across the top and 12 across the bottom. The M105 shows 6 across the top and 10 across the bottom. My vehicle has two identical connectors, same as the M104 except one is white and one is gray. I tried matching wire colors but they don't match up either. Has anyone had my same connectors and found the solution?

atraudes

Can you take a picture of the control unit and connectors?

Virginia_DC
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

I've already put everything back together but it's important to me so I will take it back out and get some photos

Got the photos. Here they are. Any help would be appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/jUyN9

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”