Update on the droptop s13.5

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
nissan_star
Car: 2000 maxima se and 1993 240sx vert (5sp!!!)

Can you post pics of the rear seating area of your car? I am trying to get ideas for mine which has no seats or panels.

sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

I don't have the best pics, but this should give you an idea of what I did.

I cut a 1/2" piece of MDF to replace where the bottom of the rear seat goes. This gave me a nice flat surface to mount everything.

Then after carpeting/mounting it, I bolted down my sub boxes, nitrous tank, and my helmets A/C unit(thats right, my helmet has A/C and my car doesn't. Yea I'm that cool<- no pun intended )

Then I cut another piece of MDF and secured it to the top of the sub boxes, eventually leaving me with this...

Next time I grab my camera from work, I''ll try and snap some better pics.

mrk442
Car: 1993 240sx vert

good lord that is sexy loving the rear seat delete.... might just steal the idea . I have been looking for a way to make it go away but still be somewhat..usable/functional.. lol maybe a locking storage area or something..idk..

more pics of the "Box" would be very very welcome maybe with the boot off to get an idea how it seats up against everything

sci2000tech

I'll get some better pics of how everything is set up over the weekend.

I have to say the best part about it is that it gives me a sturdy, level surface to set my beer on when I'm working on my car. Ahh the simple things in life....

sci2000tech

Update:

ITB's came in the mail

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

nice

sci2000tech

Does that box look familiar Ricky?

Anyone who thinks RB parts are hard to get stateside just hasn't heard of Rawbrokerage.com yet

mrk442
Car: 1993 240sx vert

sci2000tech wrote:I'll get some better pics of how everything is set up over the weekend.

I have to say the best part about it is that it gives me a sturdy, level surface to set my beer on when I'm working on my car. Ahh the simple things in life....
ha that would be nice i am still forced to use the ledge by the windshield...

nissan_star
Car: 2000 maxima se and 1993 240sx vert (5sp!!!)

looks pretty good. what does mdf stand for?

from808

nice Update

vert4ya
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Sorry but i have to say that i dont like it that much, just doesnt flow very nicely

Slothead
Car: 93 240sx convertible, 5spd- wrapped in S15 Spec-B leather seats

I never understood all the front end changes for the Vert since I think the stock front looks the best, but this is killer. Now the Hover Craft side skirt and back valance is just a bit much for me, but the front is beautiful as is the rest of the car. Nice job.

sci2000tech

MDF stands for mid density fiberboard, I believe. It is what most speaker enclosures are made of and you can get it at your local hardware store. The only downside, it is pretty heavy.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate the mature responses.

Update:

So I ended up getting a good deal on a PS90 (and it's car related because it's sitting in my car ). I never really pictured myself owning one, but its a nice addition to the collection. I just finished installing the factory laser on it

Got my valvecovers back from being powdercoated...

My engine bay is officially trashed....for now....

New oil cooler

New intercooler

And my intake pletnum came in.

You can see it sitting ontop of the stock intake. That is where I plan to weld the two together.

MastaYu
Car: 92 240SX HB SE

nice gun. Nice bunch of new parts

Coolwhip
Vendor

hey andrew! your throttle bodies are upside down/backwards

flip them around

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

Guns and cars are always related by testosterone.

Coolwhip
Vendor

sci2000tech

Coolwhip wrote:hey andrew! your throttle bodies are upside down/backwards

flip them around
Ahh....that explains alot, like why the linkage didn't mount up to the intake.

I really need to read the RB26 FSM, lol.
Too bad its out of stock.

Update:

I just randomly bought a house.

Came across a great deal and all the cards kinda lined up. It looks like I won't be doing much at all to the car for a few months, or atleast until I get settled in at my new place.

Coolwhip
Vendor

sci2000tech wrote:Update:

I just randomly bought a house.

Came across a great deal and all the cards kinda lined up. It looks like I won't be doing much at all to the car for a few months, or atleast until I get settled in at my new place.
Congrats

sci2000tech

So I was playing around with my new Canon 50D, and decided to snap a few pics of the Vert.

I still have a LOT to learn about this camera, never seen so many functions and features on a camera in my life :wacko:

The puppy...

A few more toys...

sci2000tech

So with the new house, I haven't had much disposable income to spend on the car.....who would have guessed

Anyways, the turbo side is pretty much done. Oil lines/fittings are done and I just picked up all the parts from getting powder/ceramic coated. Just need to fab up a dump tube for the wastegate and it's done.

Time to move on to the intake side.

There's alot of discussion in the RB forum, and all over the web for that matter, about RB26 ITB's on an RB20. It seems like most people say it's a waste of money, and just not worth it. I have to find out for myself. I haven't seen anyone do it the way I am, so it should be interesting.

I had flanges cut to match the throttle body gaskets, and tapped them for studs. Once the arp studs get here, I can bolt up the intake pletnum with the ITB's sandwiched inbetween. Then I can mock everything up in the engine bay and tack weld it before it goes off to my welder.

Issues I've ran into so far are:

The runners on the RB20 pletnum dont line up with the flanges 100%, so I will have to port it a bit to get everything to fit right.

The water neck on the RB20 pletnum that goes to the upper radiator hose had to be cut for flange clearance, so I will more than likely just go with AN fittings there.

The thermostat housing/waterneck on the block(goes to the lower radiator hose) hits the RB26 pletnum, more AN fittings...yay

Other than that, everything fits perfect.

Still gotta do a wire tuck, paint the engine bay, ect ect... It goes on forever.

Modified by sci2000tech at 7:19 PM 5/10/2009

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

MOAR!!

sci2000tech

Getting close...

Next project.....

And then tuning.

Coolwhip
Vendor

I love this car

noobdrftr
Car: of crap...just pure crap

this vert is badass...but you already knew that

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

I wish I had money to make mine pretty

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

wow man I love the vert. I want to do a s15 front end so bad, also I like the way the spoiler flows with the rear, if only you could get it to sit flush.

Just have a question for you where did you get a M-4 with a 203 grenade launcher attachment? Those things are so fun to shoot. Im in the ARMY btw.

sci2000tech

the vert wrote:wow man I love the vert. I want to do a s15 front end so bad, also I like the way the spoiler flows with the rear, if only you could get it to sit flush.

Just have a question for you where did you get a M-4 with a 203 grenade launcher attachment? Those things are so fun to shoot. Im in the ARMY btw.
Thanks for the compliment.

The spoiler will be modified with a bit of fiberglass to get it to sit flush. Once it's not 115 degrees outside I'm going to start doing bodywork before I respray it. With the way the weather is now, the paint would dry before it even hit the surface of the car.

As for the rifle, mine is an AR-15 with a 37mm flare launcher. It's semi auto, so no class III hassle and completely civilian-legal. Because the launcher is 37mm and not 40mm, it is classified as a signaling device and requires no registration/permit like the M203 grenade launchers do. It's not even considered a firearm, thus can be shipped straight to your door. I think I paid around $1000 for the rifle and launcher, but this was before all of the politics caused a skyrocket in prices.

Not much new with the car. We did manage to finish the coldpipe and wastegate dump tube. Just waiting on wiring so we can get it tuned and fire her up.

Anxiously waiting......

the vert
Car: 93 240sx vert

I swear it looks just like my M-4 with a 203 attachment. Cant wait to see it running, that thing is going to hall a**.

Arabrockermang
Car: 93 240sx Convertible

Don't remember if I ever said this or not but I remember when I was new to the forum thinking this.

I love the ideas you got with this car just need better body work and alignment

I noticed you said you were gonna replace the fenders with s13/15 cut and spliced together. So just woundering did you get yours off of Ebay and if you did are they really that bad?

I'm waiting till I find a good deal on s15 headlights or something but I'm really thinking about doing the s15 swap on my vert.

Also after I get done with my inteiror so far thats taken 7 months to do (still working on it) 6 days worth of work just too dang busy the last few months.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”