NEW UPDATES on Jeremy Boddy

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Liz.Markow

All I can say is that I am so sick of reading this s***! Jeremy was my fiance, we were getting married in Feb. His death to me was soul destroying. He was convicted, he felt so much remorse, what did you expect...the death penalty? This is the son of 2 heartbroken parents, the father of 2 beautiful sons, the brother to his siblings. He was a good person and this makes me sick! I feel like reporting this site for the kind of slander even after his death! Do you have ANY humanity? He died in a horrible accident, it was his last wish to donate as much of his body to give a child eyes, someone an heart! He was a giving, loving and kind hearted person. Do you know how much pain you cause the people who loved him?

We are so quick to call ourselves Christians but we forget, Christianity is a religion based on love and forgiveness NOT hate and intolerance...

Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.”

I won't hide behind a fake name! My name is Liz Markow. You are free to look me up on Facebook and give me these kind of crap to my face. I loved this man and I will not continue accepting this behavior.

REMEMBER ONE THING, THE KARMA YOU ARE ENJOYING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW...IT COMES RIGHT BACK!

Liz.Markow

Anyone who still loved him had to know what he was and what he was doing and are thus complicit in his crimes. No tears for them either.

I have news for you Pal! I have known him for a year! I don't need your tears, you have no compassion for anyone but yourself! I think you better watch what comes from your ignorant mouth! This is slander! I loved him! You are by far not perfect and thank God...I am not either and you are f*** with the wrong person now! Look me up on facebook, show me your face.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Complicit.

Look it up.

No one's "f***ing with you," you chose to come on here and lip off.

A year? Big damn deal. There are people here who lost a LOT of money to him. That's money they worked hard for. He made a conscious decision to be a fraudster, to deprive people of money and dreams. He preyed on their goals.

No one here has caused ANY pain to his family. That's a crock of crap. If they don't want to read about his fraud and theft, then they should stay away from the communities he preyed upon.

A "giving" person would have paid back the people he stole from. A "kind" person wouldn't have needed the judicial system to tell him that his behavior was immoral. A "remorseful" person would have taken care of his crimes long ago.

He was sorry because he got busted, plan and simple. I deal with criminals all the time, they're not too different.

You have my empathy. I am genuinely sorry you lost someone you loved. and I am sad for his family members.

However, he made poor choices, and the effects of those choices will remain for as long as his victims choose to remain angry. That's NOT for you to decide when they should "get over it." You don't make that call. THEY are victims. You're not being victimized.

Feel free to do what you need to do, but you should probably look up "slander' before you start lipping off and threatening people.

By the way, UK laws don't apply in the US. Nor do Canadian laws. Or South African laws. So, there's that for ya.

I have a better idea: Get off my site. :wavey:

Be safe, be well, and have a good life.

Liz.Markow

Out of respect for his family I would not do this. We are still all very emotional and grieving. It tis not nice reading this period. I understand people lost money and I would feel anger too. The fact is, he is not here anymore, what kick do people get from doing this, making jokes about something this sad.

As to the "slander" bit, saying the people who loved and cared for him are "in on it". I have nothing to do with it, this is a real person to me and I won't wish death on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

I have compassion for the people who lost money I do. All I am asking is to have respect for his family. They are kind people who are taking this real bad.

Thank you.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Liz.Markow wrote:Anyone who still loved him had to know what he was and what he was doing and are thus complicit in his crimes. No tears for them either.

I have news for you Pal! I have known him for a year! I don't need your tears, you have no compassion for anyone but yourself! I think you better watch what comes from your ignorant mouth! This is slander! I loved him! You are by far not perfect and thank God...I am not either and you are f**king with the wrong person now! Look me up on facebook, show me your face.
I am not your pal.

I have compassion for people that deserve it. Your man did not. I have compassion for the people he cheated.

I think I will say whatever I damned well please. I think you need to learn what words mean. I am 100% factual in everything I said.

I don't give a dam if you loved him. That is entirely your problem. I guess that makes you his last victim, doesn't it?

I never said I was perfect, but since you bring it up, I'm a damned sight better than your man was.

F***ing with the wrong person? Look you up on Facebook? What are you, 12? Do you know who YOU ARE F***ING WITH?

Look me up whenever you feel like doing anything more than posting sillyness on an internet forum, hunny. I'll show you more than you can handle. Until then go fornicate yourself which is comedically relevant since you will now have to take care of things like that by yourself.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Liz.Markow wrote:Out of respect for his family I would not do this. We are still all very emotional and grieving. It tis not nice reading this period
Like I said, stay out of the Nissan community, then.

The anger and emotional trauma that these victims experienced is no less (or more) important than the sadness and loss the family is dealing with.

You'll notice that most of this thread was written long before November. I don't see any jokes, I simply see people who know now that they can never, ever, get back what was stolen from them.

And Jeremy left this life with NO intention of ever making things right. THAT is the sad part.

Understand this: These people are MY family. I've been serving them for 13 years. I am fiercely protective of them.

So, I'm sure you'll forgive me for saying that we were dealing with Jeremy a LONG time before he was a twinkle in your eye.

There's nothing you can do here to make anything better. Period. It's not the place you need to be.

This is just one of MANY sites where victims of his thievery have expressed their outrage. They have a right to be heard, and to vent their anger.

Go be with your friends and family. Support them and deal with your grief. Take care of yourself.

M3Dude
Car: ???

Feeling a bit nostalgic lately so I did a search on the net for Mr.Boddy; this thread was the top result. Many moons ago I used to post on Nico but under a different username which I've long forgotten. The Jeremy Boddy victims facebook group no longer exists so my hope is that someday, some may stumble on this post, and perhaps collectively we can get some more closure on the events which unfolded all those years ago. Regardless, I felt compelled to finally share my story.

I am one of Jeremy's victims, although I must admit... one of the luckier ones. After wiring Jeremy $18,500 for a Toyota Supra, eventually, I came to the realization that it was never coming. I know too well the feelings of shame and disappointment felt by his victims. Barely a moment went by where I could escape my thoughts of frustration, anger, and depression, sleepless nights were the norm. My heart goes out to everyone who experienced this pain. It's all too easy to point fingers and laugh at people getting scammed on the internet but the truth is Jeremy talked the talk and the community enabled him. Some forums and even articles at the time were quick to praise him for his unique business abilities without due and proper research. The site was plastered with "testimonials", referral phone contacts were provided and the entire enterprise seemed as legitimate as they come. I think what sealed the deal for me was seeing the full-page advertisement in one of the tuner magazines I read regularly. This did not happen because of a lack of research, the negative media simply did not yet exist. The point I'm trying to make here is that it really can happen to anyone.

Worse than the lost money were the lost dreams of ever owning my dream car, for car guys, this hurts so much more. Not only that but at the time my life was in the car world, it was my reason for existence. Without it, I felt lost. I didn't want to hear about or see anything car-related because it would just bring up bad feelings. It was an incredibly tough time in my life.

I'll be honest, the last thing you want to admit to yourself is that the guy you had just sent your life savings had ripped you off but eventually after countless deadlines were not met and the negative publicity started to ramp up, I had to admit defeat, it was a gut-wrenching feeling. I hounded Jeremy on a daily basis, often multiple times a day. This usually meant tracking down whatever new email or phone number he was using that week. It must have been two and half years of five-plus daily emails or attempted phone calls before even he finally admitted I wasn't getting the car. When he finally gave in and sent me a little bit of my money back, it felt like a huge win, I think around $3000 bucks. At the time I was happy to get something but part of me felt terrible, second-guessing where this money came from, I hoped this wasn't someone else's lost dreams sitting in my bank account. It enabled me to pay off the remainder of my credit I had taken out to buy this car, at least I was no longer paying interest on the money. It was a good feeling, though not enough though to mentally write off the loss, my savings were still gone, so I persisted. Getting back something gave me hope there was still a chance to recover the rest, it made me thirsty for more.

I think it took another year of relentless chasing but somehow, (and I'll never know how) I talked Jeremy into surrendering another asset to finish paying me back. I reluctantly but not reluctantly agreed to accept his salvage title 350z as repayment. He was forthcoming that it was having some transmission issues, which seemed oddly honest. If this car actually existed (which was a big if), I wasn't expecting much but even a really bad 350z was better than nothing, even if it wasn't my Toyota Supra. The problem was the more than 1000km distance between us, him being in Peterborough, me being on the east coast.

I knew I couldn't give Jeremy the opportunity to back out by forcing him to ship the car, I wasn't taking that risk. At the same time, I figured there was a 99% chance that if I went through all the effort of having a freight company arrive at his house, he'd either have changed his mind, given me a fake address or this entire car exchange was another time delay to add to the already heaping pile of excuses. This was long before google street view was a thing and I had little desire to pay out of pocket for a plane ticket only to find myself standing at the gates of an empty warehouse.

What I really needed was someone to verify the car but that quickly seemed to be an uphill battle. I reached out on a few forums to see if anyone might help but perhaps unsurprisingly no stranger was willing to engage themself in this tremendously sketchy undertaking. I didn't have any contacts in the area and what seemed like my last shimmer of hope was stomped out. More than 10 years later, I still remember sitting in my office chair again feeling frustrated, endlessly scrolling through Facebook searching for a miracle connection when...I found one. Turns out I did know someone who not only was in Ontario but as luck would have it, she lived in Peterborough. Worst case I figured, she'd at least be able to drive by to check and see if the address was legit. But, there was a small problem. This was an ex-girlfriend, whom the last time I'd seen, more than four years prior had very literally thrown a cup of hot coffee on my head; you could say the relationship didn't end on a high note.

Still, she was my only chance, so I did what any guy would do with fifteen thousand on the line, I begged... a lot... Luckily she always was on the adventurous side and being a car girl, I think she knew what this meant to me. She could have easily told me to pound sand but she hesitantly agreed to not only check the address but to go as far as picking up the Z. I made arrangements with Jeremy and that weekend she was scheduled to drive to his house with her boyfriend to get the car. The plan for her to let me know when she had it home, I'd then worry about getting it back to New Brunswick. I honestly don't think I slept for the rest of that week, emotions shifting regularly from excitement to nervousness, that this could all soon be coming to an end was a surreal feeling.

The night prior to the big day, I was out at a friend's birthday party at Boston Pizza when my phone rang, it was Jeremy... All these years later and it was the first time I'd ever actually heard his voice, hundreds of phone calls I made, he never did answer. I figured this was him calling to explain why she couldn't pick up the car, I'm confident that when I answered he could hear the anger, disappointment, and frustration in my voice. However, to my utter surprise, he called to let me know the car was ready, that he'd just finished waxing it and that he was sorry that this had gone on so long. In my head, I'd built him into a monster, unforgiving for his actions, cold and soulless. He certainly didn't sound like I'd imagined, we'll never know if he was faking it but in that moment, he sounded defeated, regretful and apologetic. I'll forever wonder the real motive of that phone call, did he think I'd somehow vouch for him? That I'd forget the years of emotional pain he'd put me through? I don't know but still, after hanging up the phone, I'd question if it was a legitimately sincere Jeremy or if this was one last "f*** you" before once again getting my hopes up for nothing.

That night I definitely did not sleep, tomorrow was going to be either one of the worst or best days of my life.

I was at work the next day, putting in hours like a zombie, I was physically there but my mind was not. The minutes dragged on like nothing I've ever experienced. It was painful but at the same time good to have some distraction from my thoughts. I was on my lunch when I got the Facebook message I'll never forget. It was my ex...she had the car... I still can't verbalize the feeling I had at that moment. Pure elation does not begin to justify it. It's not like winning the lottery because you don't spend every waking moment obsessing over not winning a lottery you've never won. Having the money taken and then returned is on another level but it goes deeper, like I explained earlier, cars were my life. How do you explain the feeling of losing your life and then getting it back? I'm pretty sure the entire city heard my screams of joy.

A couple of days later a friend and I made the fourteen-hour trek to Peterborough to get the 350z. We then turned around and drove another fourteen-hours back home. The transmission was remarkably better than I thought, only having a slight grind at high RPM on one gear shift. It reeked like cigarettes and the driver's window regulator was broken but a few weeks later I'd sell it and recoup some money. By the time I paid the tax, interest on my loan, and for the trip, I likely lost some money. I've honestly never done the math and at this point couldn't find the numbers if I tried. In my head, I'm even and that's good enough for me.

I'm forever grateful to my friend for coming on the journey but more so for my ex-girlfriend. She didn't have to do this and it may sound dramatic but reflecting back now, she might have saved my life. At the time that amount of money seemed irreplaceable, I had some pretty dark thoughts. As minor as getting that car for me may seem on the surface, I don't know what I would have possibly done without her. Maybe Jeremy would have shipped the car, maybe I would have flown there, maybe I would have just given up. I'm confident that like so many others I would have never gotten another dime.

I often wonder if Jeremy's fate was legitimate or if it was another one of his stories. If anyone could pull off faking their own death, it would be him. He certainly has enough enemies and the motivation to do so. I'm so paranoid at this point that even if I saw a tombstone with his name on it, I wouldn't believe it. If it is true, ironically my ex was a big dodge neon enthusiast, something we passionately debated, they weren't my favorite. The car that hit him supposedly was an SRT-4. It somehow brings the story full circle for me, like somehow, on some spiritual level my ex helped to get retribution. As evil as that may seem.

So that is the end of my tale. If anyone else has any Jeremy stories, I'd love to hear them.

AZhitman
Administrator

8 years later, "Liz" can still piss off. "I've kNoWn hiM f0r a YEaR..." Oh, shut up.
Liz.Markow wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:17 pm
I have compassion for the people who lost money I do.
And yet, not one has come forth with a story about the family trying to right his wrongs.

Remember him as you will, as will we.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”