Underground- 240SX SHORT SHIFTERS- $49+ shipping

Look here for specials on Nissan parts, accessories or modifications, or tell our sponsors what you are looking for!
Red240sx95

email me with confirmation and scheduled arrival/departure. [email protected]

GrubyFngaz
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

Gabossie, loosen the two bolts on the left side holding the blue plate down. I had the problem at first and I loosened the two bolts up and it is good to go now. Perfect.Josh

Red240sx95

Haven't heard anything and i have paid dont leave me hanging chris [email protected]

silvia tunner
Car: 1995 Ruby Pearl s14

Im interested do u guys take visa?

Twinchy
Car: Peg leggin 240sx

i couldnt get the c ring out....i just might be a amature at it i guess....so i am gonna take to a shop to get done...thats unless somebody in so cal that knows what there doing wants to make some extra cash?

mrbean
Car: Guitar, Music, Art, Movies, Computer & Video Games

Soo... In anticipation of its arrival, what exactly do I need to get from autozone in order to properly install this badboy? Just the pliers and screws, right? Can someone tell me exactly what type of pliers and screw? thanks!

kuruma

underground. I sent the payment from [email protected]. Let me know if you get it. Please email me at the above address If you have any problems, and please send the tracking # when you get the chance. Thanks

Thanks to everyone who posted... or else I would have not picked one up.

GrubyFngaz
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

At AutoZone you need to get some pliers called OEM, they are red and they are called snap ring plier set. They are in a read and black box. Plus two packs of the bolts discussed on page #2. Good Luck,JoshP.S. After a week I am not dissapointed with this shifter but not happy either. It doen't feel like a short shifter anymore. If just feels like the stock shifter. It is a tad bit shorter, but they throw isn't stiff at all.

underground
Car: 98 RB26DET 240SX

You are going to have to enlarge the ball to get the short throw effect. I used electrical tape to do this, but the stock ball is too small.

Which is why you are getting play.

E Dogg
Car: 1997 M3 sedan
1988 TII RX-7 10th AE
1990 Ford Bronco XLT

i shaved down the top plastci retainer so it would go further down on the ball for the tighter feel instead of largening the ball

I took my dremel and took the ridges(shown in red) off of the ring then I beveled the edge of it until it fit inside the lip of the other plastic piece, then I put a c-ring that is the same diamater of the inner platic piece on top of it(you may need more than one) so that the top blue plate actually presses the upper plastic ring against the ballI can tighten or loosen the plate to dertermine the tightness of the shifter now, ill have actual pics up soon

E Dogg
Car: 1997 M3 sedan
1988 TII RX-7 10th AE
1990 Ford Bronco XLT

:

silvia tunner
Car: 1995 Ruby Pearl s14

Hey chris do u guys take visa if u do what do i have to do?

underground

We take Paypal.....And they take Visa...

nissandrift
Car: BMX, motorcycles, classic mopars, and nissans

I finally got around to putting the shifter in today. At first when I put it in I couldnt get into 2nd and reverse, and it would pop out of 4th. I took it apart and adjusted some stuff, and while tightening the bolts it snapped one of the nuts off the half circle thing. Now it drives right, a little tough to get reverse, but the the thing needs to be spot welded.

SilviaS14KA24DE
Car: Doriftu

wow, this thing is still going on??

mrbean

Hey Underground, can you check on the status of my order? It's been well over a week, and nothing yet... Shipped to San Mateo, CA 94403

kuruma

I got around to putting my ss in on saturday. It only took about an hour to actualy install, and another hour to try and take off the old shift knob (lack of proper tools). Unfortunately I have some spark plug issues so i didnt get to drive it too much yet.

The little driving I did get to do seemed nice. The shifter definately felt like it had a 40% shorter throw, and that was without the tape on the larger upper ball. I did feel some extra vibration, but the 2nd boot boot was aldready destroyed before I got to it. Once I purchase a new one I will put it in and take care of the vibation.

All in all worth the $60, but then again I have nothing to compare it to except for the original shift knob.

underground

I personally wouldn't add the tape to it. After driving with it for a week, I decided to take it off. It works even better now and makes the car go into gear much more smoothly...

underground

Bean, I'll check for you.... It ships from CA, so you should have gotten it by now....

mrbean

Soo... any news? I'm rearin' to go!

red_240_fastback
Car: '86 300zx turbo, 1989 240sx fastback, 1990 KA24DE 240sx hatchback

so can we still get in on this?

mrbean

Underground, any word yet?

gabossie
Car: Your mom

So what is our best method to tighten this thing up now? Mine is quite loose and the throws don't feel any shorter than stock. I've tried adjusting the bolts, that's not the problem. Do I need to add electrical tape?

mrbean

Just to let everyone know, it's now 7 weeks later and I STILL have not received anything. I emailed Underground repeatedly and got nothing. No explanation, no apologies. I requested a refund, which he completely ignored, and he instead finally contacted Megan, after over a month of waiting. Well, that was a week ago, and I STILL got nothing. I'm requesting a refund again.

I just want you all, especially the mods, to know I had a terrible experience dealing with Underground Motorsports.

underground

You have a refund, check your Paypal...

I made it very clear the short shifters have been on backorder... There is nothing I can do about that..... I even sent you emails that Calvin (Manager- Megan Racing) had sent me about the updates on your shifter...

I'm sorry you are pissed, but coming on here and flaming me isn't the best way to handle this....

Take care!

underground

Also, for future reference, calling me during business hours is the best way to get ahold of me...

mrbean

I didn't flame you. I just described my experience in dealing with you. I didn't exaggerate anything or call you any names or say anything about your character.

But since you now claim to have said that the shifters were on back order, let's take a look at everything you ACTUALLY said to me through email:

*note that I originally sent my payment on 8-11-2004

9-02-2004:
underground wrote:"I dont know why you haven't received it. I don't believe Megan is onbackorder for those... I haven't been on the boards much lately, but I willcheck on it first thing Monday morning.

Chris"
9-12-2004:
underground wrote:"Hey Tim,

I have already told you the short shifter is on its way man! Calvin, FromMegan, had a problem with his mail server, and didn't get nearly one weekworth of my orders...

Unfortunately, yours was one of these. Your order has been placed and yourshort shifter has already been shipped...

Sorry about this, but I'm not here to steal your money...

ChrisUnderground"
*note he HADN'T previously told me that it was on its way...

9-22-2004: (sent to Calvin at Megan Racing and forwarded to me)
underground wrote:"Hey Calvin,

I sent you an order for a 240SX short shifter for the following customer in mid August:

**my info here**

He still hasn't received it, and i just need to know if its been shipped or not. I know you just got your container this weekend, and I figured perhaps it was on backorder.

If you haven't shipped it yet, please do! He has waited forever for this thing, and is very upset with me...

Thanks!
*note that this is AFTER I had asked for a refund...

9-22-2004: (Calvin's response)
Calvin wrote:"Hi Chris, I never got this order, I will do it now.

thanks

Calvin"
*Hmm... so which order were you refering to on 9-12 that has "already been shipped?" Note also that this was a week ago, and I still have received nothing.

So as you or anyone can see, you at one point said it was already shipped. You said my email was lost. You claimed to have emailed me when you actually hadn't. You NEVER once said they were on back order, in fact the only thing you "made very clear" was that they SHOULDN'T be on back order.

I understand when orders are lost or shipping takes longer than expected, and if that was the case, I would not have been pissed. But all you did was lie to me without giving me any real info on the status of my order. And now you're lying about what you claim to have told me. And THAT makes me pissed.

phenryiv1
Car: 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV

As I am in the market for an SS for my I30, I went to he megan racing website to look to see if they have a Maxima/I30 model, and I could not even find the 240sx application on their site. Have they pulled this product?

underground

http://www.meganracing.com/pro...d=230

They are still there, however I am going to hold out on selling them for awhile until I know for sure they are in stock...

Megan is growing faster than I believe they planned too. It's getting harder to get product from them, as they can't keep any inventory....

Unfortunately, we (dealers) get passed info about product arrival times that is often incorrect... They are a great business and I highly regard their customer service center...

But, they making us look like fools to our customers. They will tell me a product is going to be in stock in a week, and it comes in a month later...

Then I tell the customer what I was just told from Megan, the week passes and I look like a complete jackass...

So, as for now, I am not going to be processing any more orders for the short shifters...

Chris

Maverick7687
Car: Sagemist(FSO) 1998 Maxima SE & Charcoal Metallic(KG2) 1993 240sx & My newly aquired Pearl White 1990

Hey, Let me know when you start taking orders again, if I havent gotten a shifter from somewhere else I will buy from you!

Mav

Return to “Advertisers' Marketplace!”