U0101 and several other codes all in one day

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
genuser

2013 Juke S AWD

Windchill has been in the -20's over the past several days/weeks in Minnesota. It was 26below on 2/11/14 Tuesday morning. Started the car, SES light and the Vehicle dynamic control lights came on. No blinking. Car was drivable. It felt sluggish but no noises or other driveability problems. So I went home and pulled codes. There were five. U0101 3 times, P0500 and U0122. SES light stayed on (no blinking). VDC light did not come back.

Called the dealer. They said it is safe to drive the car and bring it in. Took the car to the dealer. They scanned and found 22 codes. Most of them U0101. Then P0500, P1212, U0122, U1001. The tech did not find any issues with the ECM-TCM connection, wires or other control components. Battery checked out ok. The Tech said it was related to the extreme cold. So they just cleared all codes and returned the car.

U0101 - lost CAN communication with TCM (15 times)
P0500 - Vehicle speed sensor malfunction
U0122 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamic control module
P1212 - ABS/TCS Communication line
U1001 - Invalid or missing data for primary Id

I read the OBD code description, possible causes etc. There was one old report on the Internet about the U0101 code on another site. But the thread was incomplete. So I do not know how that owner resolved it. When the car throws so many codes in one day, there should be something wrong, right?

Has anyone actually got these codes with their Juke or any vehicle?
Can you share your experience and how you resolved it?

genuser

Same codes came up again yesterday 3/1/14. Car is drivable. car is at the Dealer now. Dealer said they reported to Nissan, and it is not just Jukes. And Nissan has no clue. They said it is the cold weather. Well,what is the cold doing that is causing these trouble codes? Or, is Nissan saying their cars cannot handle the cold weather? I really hope they can figure it out this time and fix it.

Dealer left the car out overnight and did some testing Tuesday 3/4/14 AM when the TCM is cold. The Tech decided to order a new TCM. They said Nissan has a service bulletin on CAN communication diagnostics. I searched online and found one, "NTB13027 Subject: SB 2005-2013 Nissan; CAN Communication - Network Diagnostic Flow". I don't know if this is a known problem with some TCMs or just a flow chart on the diagnostic procedure. The new TCM is expected in 3-4 days.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

What ever happened with this?

genuser

Dealer replaced the TCM under warranty. Those codes have not reappeared. But the weather has warmed up as well. I will have to wait until January/February 2015 and see if the new TCM will hold up to Minnesota cold.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

The weather was the part I was wondering about. We never had a problem with our Juke this winter, but while it was cold in the Blue Ridge mountains this winter or was nowhere near Minnesota cold.

The Z is another case entirely, the struts that hold up the hatch don't work so well in the cold - the oil viscosity gets all jacked up. I've fur the links on my noggin to prove it. :)

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”