Two Questions if You Please

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
hamilton318

Hello everyone,

New member here with a few questions. One of my friends recently bought a Rogue, and my mom is looking into one as well. I have went through the six pages of the forum so far but didn't see the exact questions I have.

1. My friend says the doors don't automatically lock when the car is put in gear or when a certain speed is reached. I thought all cars were suppose to do this. Is there some way to set up this option through a setting?

2. I know navigation is not an option for the 2008's but any final word for the 2009's. My mom is really wanting navigation but is trying to find a vehicle below 30K so the Murano is probably out of the question.

Overall, I am impressed with the Rogue. Plenty of features for the bang (intelligent key, bluetooth, HID's, etc), but there are a few shortcomings (no automatic lights, navigation, etc).

TIA

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

1. No. I've actually never been in a car that does this.

2. I doubt it. If you really want a navigation system, you can get a decent aftermarket one, it just won't fit nicely in the dash. The Murano 2009 one looks nice though.

hamilton318

Pretty much every car I have been in with power locks has this feature. My old Jeep Grand Cherokee locked all the doors when you reached 10mph, my moms 4Runner locks all the doors once the ignition is started, my Jetta locks all doors at 5mph, my brothers Z71 locks when the transmission is shifted to drive........ Weird, I figured this was pretty much a standard thing. From a safety point it makes sense.

I have a Garmin iQue M3 which I use quiet a bit, she is wanting something in dash/factory though. Any links to the 2009 Murano system?

Thanks

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

I don't think Nissan bought into the automatic lock thing. I know that GM does it. I have never seen a Nissan that the doors lock. I didn't realize Toyota had a feature like that. I had a Chevy truck that did that and it drove me crazy.

As for Navigation, I talked with a couple of different guys at the dealership (salesman and sales manager) and they said they had no word on the 09 Rogues having Navi because they were just learning all of the info on the 08 Rogues. They had both gone to specific training on the Rogue within the last week (this was two weeks ago). I do trust the salesman, since I know him through things other than him selling cars.

I hope they do add Navi, that is one feature I would really like to have.

vox
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

No idea about the door locking question, but I would not have gone with navigation even if they offered it. The markup for factory installed navigation is outlandish, and there are so many aftermarket options that if you're willing to put the same money down as factory installed you can get a pretty stellar unit! My 2 cents.

hamilton318

Thanks guys. My friend was the one asking me about the auto door locking feature. I actually like the feature since it is a bit safer if your doors are locked in an accident. All the vehicles that I have been in with this feature also automatically unlock the doors either when the vehicle is shifted to park or when the ignition is cut off. Actually on my Jeep and Jetta, they didn't unlock but it didn't bother me because the door unlocked by itself when you pulled the handle.

As for the navigation option, I wish they would offer it. I know aftermarket systems are cheaper and generally have more features, but there is just something about the factory aspect/integration.

Mander
Car: nissan rogue

My car prior to the rogue was a 4 runner, and it auto locked, I liked it alot! I noticed the other day that doors didn't lock in the rogue, I haven't had to lock my doors in 7 years! It was just so ingrained that I didn't even think about it with the new car. I drove around 2 weeks with out locking my doors before I even noticed. i just have to start making a better effort to do it. My husband hated the auto locks, so he loves the fact that the rogue doesn't have it.

Return to “Rogue Forum”