Turning off Lane Departure Warning (LDW)?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

I did a quick search here and on Google, but I still don't think I get how to turn off the beeping of the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system. My commute is primarily highway, and sometimes I'll hug the line while going around a transport, or someone who doesn't know how to stay in their lane. During rush hour, this can be frequent, and the beeping has been driving me nuts, and I've only been DDing my new EX for a few days (while my other car is getting paint work done) lol.

I see the button on the right side of my steering wheel, under the cruise control distance button. If I turn on the car without anything else, there's no lights or anything on in my cluster, and the LDW is on/will beep at me. If I press this button once, a green icon will illuminate in my cluster, and the LDW will still beep at me. Hit it again to shut off the light, still beeps.

I saw a thread on here, in the M sub forum, where the person said you hold the button for 4 seconds and it's supposed to permanently shut it off, until I manually turn it back on. So I got in this morning, held it for 4 seconds, but nothing happened.

Am I missing something? I'm clearly doing something wrong lol. Am I supposed to press the button once so the green light illuminates, then hold it for 4 seconds? Will I get some sort of confirmation it's been shut off?

Thanks for the help everyone.

PS, now that I've actually driven it a few days since buying it a few weeks ago, damn I love it. Handles like a car, sporty, powerful, better on gas than the turbo Subaru it replaced, and has the utility of a hatch while not being huge. Everything I wanted! Although I ordered a CF to SD adapter which didn't work, I think the adapter made it too slow for the system to read music and would play a second and buffer for 10, so I'll just buy a cheap used iPod and that should do the trick.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

The button on the steering wheel is for the "lane keep assist" (LKAS), which I believe works in conjunction with the LDW. If my memory serves me right, on the instrument panel the LKAS light is green, and the LDW light is yellow.

The LDW button is on the dash to the left of the steering column, kind of close to the driver's knee. I think in order to set it to stay off every time you start the vehicle, you need to do this:
1. Start the car.
2. Once the LDW button is lit, press it once to turn it off.
3. Then, hold the button down for about 4-5 seconds or so. I think it'll either beep or the LDW light on the instrument panel will flash to confirm that the setting has changed.

The procedure is in both the owner's manual and the quick reference guide.

After that, the default LDW setting should be "off" every time you restart the car. Let us know if this works for you.

I found it funny that I first thought the setting could only be changed by an Infiniti dealer. Then after over 5 years of ownership, I decided to RTFM. Man did I feel a bit silly :).

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Haha thanks for the detailed response, I'll try the next time I drive it. Apparently I had the wrong idea all together lol.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”