Tuning SR20det question?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
mikesloud
Car: turbos and SPL world champ

Any one using super AFc2 running z32,ecu? I ran stock ecu with Z32, msd 50lb injectors for a while but car ran too rich,so i sent ecu off I have a tuned rom chip for 550cc and z32 come in ,but I have msd 50lb injectors (a litttle less cc) Z32 and super afc2, It runs horrible ! way to rich at idle on wideband 10.4, or way to lean or stupid rich trying to change the in and out numbers on super afc2. it ran good before change stock mafs, injectors,then i out Z32 mafs on and msd injectors ,It hasnt ran good since. I was going to fine tune the 50lb to the tuned ecu with wide band ,and cannot find correct numbers in and out . The book numbers in manuel would not work. it is frustrating. :(

any help on what numbers to use that you guys with SR20det tuned ecu for 550cc 's , aZ32 mafs and use super afc, I have msd 50lbs injectors and I don't know if that matters, please respond to help out if you know.

thanks mike

msaskin
Car: cars, computers, skiing, mountain biking

The numbers should be 2 in 6 out, but that's only if the ECU you are using is meant to work with the stock MAF. If you had the ECU programmed to work with the Z32 MAF than you just need to leave the settings to 1 in 1 out or whatever you would if you were running just a stock ECU and stock MAF.

Make sense?

~matt

mikesloud
Car: turbos and SPL world champ

Can anyone reply on what the in and out numbers are on Safc for tuned ecu 550 and Z32 ? I am needing help badly !!thanks :(

LonnieP
Car: 1997 nissan 240sx building sr20det . . .ross, eagle , hks 272, port and polish, etc. . .

i am running an apexi safc2 and a z32 maf, 580cc injectors and it was tuned at 11.7, all the tuning was done by ams.

msaskin
Car: cars, computers, skiing, mountain biking

mikesloud wrote:Can anyone reply on what the in and out numbers are on Safc for tuned ecu 550 and Z32 ? I am needing help badly !!thanks :(

You didn't answer my question. Who tuned your ECU? In the tuning process, did they adjust the ECU to compensate for the Z32 MAF?

If so, use the numbers listed in the SAFC manual for a stock MAF, which should just be 1 in 1 out iirc.

~matt

Return to “Engine Tuning”