SR - Tuning issues with Power FC & cams....bad idle

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
ericherm1
Car: 1997 Pickup XE 2.4L 4x4 Single cab short box
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR
1991 240sx SE SR20DET + S13 Silvia Front end swap (Sold)

Hello all I'm searching for help to solve my very agravating problem. Bad idle and running conditions. I just installed a bunch of new parts and it ran fine before but now its really crappy!

Here is what I had before:

94' S13 blacktopz32 mafstock internals & turboGreddy VSPL FMICBlitz Access tune ecuapexi SAFC II255 Walbro fuel pump370cc injectors

All this ran fine untill I installed all my new goodies and I'm completly baffled at what to do next ....please don't flame me I'm very very stumped at this point.

New set up:

94' s13 blacktopHKS 264 Step 1 in/ex camsGreddy valve springsGreddy 1.2mm head gasketMegan racing exhaust manafold with elbowApexi Power-FC with commander and optional boost control kitGreddy oil filter relocation kit550cc injectors255 Walbro fuel pump

Ok this is what I have set so far on the Power FC:The MAF is set to VG30 for the z32 maf and that is it so far. I don't have a fuel pressure regulator because I was told I wouldn't need one untill I upgraded to the 550cc injectors.

The car starts and runs but only assisted. If I took my foot off the pedal it will die. I checked the plugs and they are all dry but carbon deposits on new plugs so that tells me that I'm running very very rich. It runs very good at 3-4grand with proper vacume presser. When I let it down to around 1100rpm it gets very very lumpy like its running super large cams. I thought these 264 cams were not supposed to mess with the idle this much?

I set the valve timing just like the service manual said by setting the ex cam at 12oclock and the in cam at 10oclock and crank at TDC. Then I installed the CAS just like its supposed to with the yellow dot lining up with the notch.So my questions are:

What is the vacume presser supposed to be with HKS 264 step 1 cams?Does anyone have any clue as to what settings I should run?Can the richness cause the idleing problem?

Sorry if I confuse anyone It's almost midnight and I've been working on this problem for about 8hrs now.....

Please help

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

OK don't everyone jump in at once..... I'm looking for possible people with my same setup using the PowerFC and to pass on there settings to me and others that will read this post.

tubakins
Car: 89 240sx fastback

The power FC needs to be tuned by a pro take it to a reliable show and spend the cash for sum dyno tuning. it will be worth it

ericherm1
1991 BNR32 Skyline GTR

Well since only 1 person has replied to my post and I have the difinitive post on how to install the digital climate control I have decided that I'll tackel it by myself...

I found my problem: Intake cam was 3 notches off..... with the motor tillted slightly to the left when facing it 10 oclock is really 11 oclock. Fixed the cam timing and bam its running beautifully.

Thanks for all the help people.....

Return to “Engine Tuning”