TRUNK BATTERY WARNING!!!

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
demaize

wow i never realize this... thanks for the heads up i got tons of stuff in my trunk that move freely... i got to reconsider about the junks i put inside my car now

hnsenter

A roll of toilet paper in a 60 mph accident becomes the weight of a 20-50 lb dumbbell.. forgot the exact numbers but scary as ****.

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

Reaosn why I'm gutting my car. Puttign in cage. Only things I'll have in it will be a tool box which whne mkaing the cage I'll have a section for it to go...

lilneily2005
Car: Honda Accord Ex 6cyl

lostforawhile wrote:HI new guy here hopefully to have my datsun truck soon, I am doing this project on my 86 honda accord hatchback,My original plan was to put a moroso battery box down in the spare tire well,surrounded by a steel box welded to the car,and a steel top plate over the entire well with a bolted down cover. also a littlefuse mega fuse within six inches of the battery, on the box. also a mega fuse inline with the alternator output,in case of a cable short causing high current to flow from the alternator to the short in reverse. remember you have two high current sources in parallel. this would be safe,but i decided to get the odyssey battery and mount it to the bulkhead in the large space behind my bumper corner,in the front. this takes it out of the passenger compartment. my original reason for the move,is i have a large forced air oil cooler that has to go where the battery is. after moving the battery,all i'll have to move is the washer resovoir. this will go in an aluminum resovoir in the passenger footwell,up against the firewall.
Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe w/6cyl. I want to relocate the battery to the trunk because I am installing 2 hydrogen generator cells, a bubbler, a secondary bubbler, tubing, wiring, an amp meter, and a volo chip for the computer and there is not enough room under the hood for the cells and the bubblers so I need the battery space. I bought a Moroso Blue Battery vented box for $99.99 from American Muscle and am looking into cables with a battery plate to complete the job in the trunk. There are many. Some are 2gauge, some are zero gauge and one or two are 1 gauge wires. I am considering the Summit Racing cables because of cost is only $39.99 but it is 2 gauge I am looking for anyone who used these cables and want to know what their results were. Thanks, Neil.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

lilneily2005 wrote:Hi, I have a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe w/6cyl. I want to relocate the battery to the trunk because I am installing 2 hydrogen generator cells, a bubbler, a secondary bubbler, tubing, wiring, an amp meter, and a volo chip for the computer and there is not enough room under the hood for the cells and the bubblers so I need the battery space. I bought a Moroso Blue Battery vented box for $99.99 from American Muscle and am looking into cables with a battery plate to complete the job in the trunk. There are many. Some are 2gauge, some are zero gauge and one or two are 1 gauge wires. I am considering the Summit Racing cables because of cost is only $39.99 but it is 2 gauge I am looking for anyone who used these cables and want to know what their results were. Thanks, Neil.
Wow...thread from WAAAAY back.

Don't bother with the hydrogen generator. All you're doing is adding additional weight and diverting energy into a process that will recover less than 100% of the energy you put into it (thus you input more energy than you get out). The basics of the process is this. In order to split a water molecule into hydrogen and oxygen atoms, a certain amount of energy must be added to the molecules. The process of burning the hydrogen simply reunites the hydrogen with the oxygen. The energy released by this process is the same amount as needed to split the molecule. At best, this represents no net gain or loss, but no process, is 100% efficient. Even under strict lab conditions, 100% efficiency will not be achieved. Not to mention internal combustion motors are simply not ever going to be 100% efficient (The ideal engine, Carnot Cycle, doesn't even have a 100% efficiency rating). So the energy you diverted to produce hydrogen gets reduced by all the inefficiencies and ultimately, you use more energy to drive the car than you would have by leaving it all alone.

slikklogic
Car: 99 honda civic 1.8T!
95 240sx base/se

i put a honda civic battery in the car a wedged it in the oem location sideways.and clamped it

CTS13
Car: 91 240sx, 02 Camry, 09 Gsxr600

hnsenter wrote:A roll of toilet paper in a 60 mph accident becomes the weight of a 20-50 lb dumbbell.. forgot the exact numbers but scary as ****.
ok thats just s*** hahaha. Ill throw a roll at my brothers face at fullspeed. he'll just say ouch.

neverlift

well a 20lbs battery would hurt, after you hit your brother with the tp roll let him smack you full force with a battery...

I dont warn about the obvious, but far too many people have no clue the fumes from a bath type(open) battery are very toxic. I hate optima batteries but use one cause I am relocated in cabin.
lol at hydrogen all hype and no hit from what I can tell.

CTS13
Car: 91 240sx, 02 Camry, 09 Gsxr600

Im not very knowledgable on batteries but why do we want optima batteries again. Whats the advantage?

EDIT: just read its leakproof on their website. Any other reasons?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”