Trump! Worst President in over 20 decades

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Update !

US cases and deaths are slowly declining as the percentage of US residents being vaccinated under president Biden are slowly increasing.

Current US cases 32,998,969
Current US deaths 587231
As of today 275 million doses have been administered to US residents or 83 doses per hundred people
Here in New Jersey there have been 8.4 million doses or 95 doses per hundred people.
Most stores still require a mask to enter.
Sad that Trump did not and refused to appear in public when he received his first vaccination back in January.

But then again what would one expect from such an incompetent and unfit president?

Source Johns Hopkins/NBC News

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

telcoman wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 am
US cases and deaths are slowly declining as the percentage of US residents being vaccinated under president Biden are slowly increasing.
This post didn't age well.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

mdmellott wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:55 am
telcoman wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 am
This post didn't age well.
No, but deaths as a percentage of cases are way down. Not that the media ever mentions that, or the reason for it, which has nothing at all to do with vaccines or politics. It's elementary natural selection. Only a virus that spreads via carrion-consumers can get any benefit from killing its host. That isn't how COVID operates, and normal viruses all evolve in the same direction, to become more contagious but less lethal. That's exactly what all the variants since the original have done. Cases are of course way up, because delta evolved to circumvent vaccines and infect people who alpha couldn't infect, but as a percentage of cases, delta kills less than 10% of the people alpha killed. Statistically, it's about the same lethality as the flu. In hospitals, the problem isn't lethality or cases, it's the youthful age of many of the patients. The medicos fight like demons for the life of a twenty-year-old in ways they don't for an octogenarian. Die or recover, they occupy ICU beds for months and clot the system in ways that alpha's victims never did. It would be nice if the media explained the actual facts, and equally nice if frightened people paid more attention, but I'm not holding my breath for either one.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:49 am
That's exactly what all the variants since the original have done.
Actually, I should correct that slightly. There is one strain, lambda, that appears to be less contagious and more lethal than alpha. Evolution through mutation is a process of failed and successful experiments by Mother Nature, and lambda is an experiment that bucked the trend. However, its low transmissibility has already doomed it. I don't know the figures worldwide, but people who should know tell me there have only been 7 cases in all of Arkansas. It will clearly be muscled out of existence by the very successful delta strain and whatever more-successful variants will follow -- but there will be more, evolution guarantees that.

macgiver

Biden is going to give billions & billions subsidy on purchasing your own private " Bubble " , like Travolta did in '76 ? I think it was
:spitout: What it is - IF'n he set his alarm clock for this decade ???
C'mon with the tirade!!!!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I stay out of politics, but bubbles definitely ain't for me. :rotfl

Return to “Politics Etc.”