Trump

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

^srellim234 is spot on. He said it in front of a room full of congress folks, so it's been confirmed by multiple sources, well, unless you watch Fox News ;). Bottom line, I don't think Trump is an active card carrying KKK racist with a designer hood as the left portrays him. but I do think one pundit (can't remember which one) described him well as "racially ignorant". Not a good trait for a US President, but evidently that doesn't bother his followers.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Bubba1 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 am
^srellim234 is spot on. He said it in front of a room full of congress folks, so it's been confirmed by multiple sources, well, unless you watch Fox News ;). Bottom line, I don't think Trump is an active card carrying KKK racist with a designer hood as the left portrays him. but I do think one pundit (can't remember which one) described him well as "racially ignorant". Not a good trait for a US President, but evidently that doesn't bother his followers.
Really??? GOP Sen Perdue says otherwise, and NOT on Fox News.
GOP Sen Perdue: ‘Gross Misrepresentation’ — Trump Did Not Make ‘S***hole’ Comment.
Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Sen. David Perdue (GA) who was in the immigration policy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers when President Donald Trump allegedly used the word “s***hole” to refer to Haiti, and El Salvador and African nations, said Trump did not make that comment.

Perdue said, “The gross misrepresentation was that language was used in there that was not used and also that the tone of that meeting was not contributory and not constructive.”

He added, “I’m telling you he did not use that word, George. And I’m telling you it’s a gross misrepresentation. How many times do you want me to say that?”

MLK’s Niece: “Donald Trump Is Not a Racist… There Are Countries in Africa That Are Indeed H***holes”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01 ... les-video/

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Still no comment about what terminology was actually used. What set Graham off?

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Rogue, look at the time stamps. At the time Bubba and I posted, Perdue and Cotton's joint statement was, ""We do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest..."

BTW, I watched Perdue on Face the Nation this morning. After the "mis-characterization" part of his statement he repeatedly refused to answer the question "Are you denying the President said it?" and tried to deflect and change the topic over and over. Hardly convincing or credible.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. So far all his detractors have to say is Trump said mean things. No stained blue dress, no vomit in a Prime Minister's lap, no dead embassy personnel.

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Based on decades of past actions we know Trump is a narcissistic, racist liar. Yes, his past actions speak much louder than his current words of denial.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

srellim234 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 am
Based on decades of past actions we know Trump is a narcissistic, racist liar. Yes, his past actions speak much louder than his current words of denial.
And there we have it, the Democrat's playbook for 2020. Schoolyard taunts and name calling.

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Which is one of the reasons I've been calling for the replacement of BOTH major parties. Neither one is capable of providing rational, responsible governance.

Currently that is the only playbook the Democrats have since they are the minority party in Washington and the Republicans are doing everything they can to thwart finding any proper factfinding that might be detrimental to their party. Exactly the same thing the Republicans did when the Democrats were in power and they were protecting THEIR party before the country.

We need adult leadership in Washington and it isn't going to come from either of these parties who are being led by people with the mentality of a schoolyard child.

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

srellim234 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 am
Which is one of the reasons I've been calling for the replacement of BOTH major parties. Neither one is capable of providing rational, responsible governance.

Currently that is the only playbook the Democrats have since they are the minority party in Washington and the Republicans are doing everything they can to thwart finding any proper factfinding that might be detrimental to their party. Exactly the same thing the Republicans did when the Democrats were in power and they were protecting THEIR party before the country.

We need adult leadership in Washington and it isn't going to come from either of these parties who are being led by people with the mentality of a schoolyard child.
Pretty much. I don't believe people understand that out politics are in an echo chamber with each other and are completely out of touch with the people and more in touch with lobbyists and pocket books.
Rogue One wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 pm
Bubba1 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 am
Really??? GOP Sen Perdue says otherwise, and NOT on Fox News.
GOP Sen Perdue: ‘Gross Misrepresentation’ — Trump Did Not Make ‘S***hole’ Comment.
Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Sen. David Perdue (GA) who was in the immigration policy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers when President Donald Trump allegedly used the word “s***hole” to refer to Haiti, and El Salvador and African nations, said Trump did not make that comment.

Perdue said, “The gross misrepresentation was that language was used in there that was not used and also that the tone of that meeting was not contributory and not constructive.”

He added, “I’m telling you he did not use that word, George. And I’m telling you it’s a gross misrepresentation. How many times do you want me to say that?”

MLK’s Niece: “Donald Trump Is Not a Racist… There Are Countries in Africa That Are Indeed H***holes”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01 ... les-video/
I kind of feel like "relative of a prominent person said this" is a cop out of actual evidence of anything. Families have been torn apart from differing political views. I didn't read, nor watch whatever was in that link, so what I am saying is just because she's related to MLK Jr doesn't mean she has the same view has MLK, Jr. In fact, no one does, because they aren't MLK, Jr. And just because one person says something and another agrees doesn't make is any less distateful or less disrespectful. A statement similar to, or any bearing the same weight as "s*** country" regardless of its composition, is not a statement any fit leader should be making because disrespecting races, cultures, nations is a surefire way to burn bridges and stop any positive progression. You never burn political bridges because you can't tell what the future has in store for you and the impacts that Trump is making are ones the nation will have to endure when he is out of office.

I also feel like people are focusing too much on the term used and not the energy behind what Trump said. If what Trump said wasn't really "s***" then the meaning behind of whatever he was saying lead them to that belief that he said "s*** countries."

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

srellim234 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 pm
Rogue, look at the time stamps. At the time Bubba and I posted, Perdue and Cotton's joint statement was, ""We do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest..."

BTW, I watched Perdue on Face the Nation this morning. After the "mis-characterization" part of his statement he repeatedly refused to answer the question "Are you denying the President said it?" and tried to deflect and change the topic over and over. Hardly convincing or credible.
DHS Secretary Claims Under Oath: 'I Did Not Hear' Trump Say 'S**thole Countries'
During Tuesday's Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen said she did not hear President Donald Trump use the incendiary language that's being attributed to him by multiple lawmakers who were also in the bipartisan meeting last week.

When asked if the president referred to Haiti and African nations as “s**thole countries” during an immigration meeting at the White House, Nielsen replied: “I did not hear that word used.”

“The conversation was very impassioned. I don't dispute that the president was using tough language. Others in the room were also using tough language,” the secretary added.

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

The Republicans are denying hearing the word as Durbin heard it while refusing to say what term was used. With that in mind, the President probably used a similar term equally as offensive. Trump may have said, "sh*thouse" instead of "sh*thole". Personally I don't care whether he said it or used a different term. The whole episode is a bunch of petty partisan junk detracting from much more important issues.

I'd much rather those childish idiots in Washington work on a permanent funding fix, reverse their tax "reform" that benefits the top 0.5% and businesses at the expense of average Americans and actually do something that both stops illegal immigration but displays some compassion for those who were brought here by their parents.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Yes ^. while Rogue and others argue of the actual words used, they fail to see the obvious intent of Trump's message. It's petty partisan politics. And you know what's really pathetic? The shutdown excludes Congress salaries. Those jerks still get paid during the shutdown.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Hardly.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

On a side note, I heard an amusing joke about Trump's immigration message. (I'm paraphrasing) "He seems to prefer an immigration policy much like how he met Melania...by ordering from a catalog."

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Bubba1 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:58 am
On a side note, I heard an amusing joke about Trump's immigration message. (I'm paraphrasing) "He seems to prefer an immigration policy much like how he met Melania...by ordering from a catalog."
:rotfl

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

to keep the Trump thread fun, read some some clever signs at the women's marches yesterday including:
we shall overcomb
Super Callous Fascist Racist Sexist Nazi POTUS
Norway please help us!
Does this a$$ (picture of Trump) make my country look small
:)

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

I saw pictures of a few too.

Trump went to Russia and all I got was this lousy President.
I had a better sign but Melania stole it.
You can't comb over racism.
I've seen smarter cabinets at IKEA.
CBS Trump approval rating 32%. Rotten Tomatoes Paul Blart Mall Cop 33%.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Trump Ordered Mueller Fired, but Backed Off When White House Counsel Threatened to Quit

How close we came to another Saturday Night Massacre.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...T.nav=top-news

Trump Already Ordered Mueller Fired, Couldn’t Pull Off His Own Saturday Night Massacre: Report

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ler-fired.html

Lead story on MSNBC
No mention on Fox :mad:

Telcoman

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Trumps repeated "fake news" claims have become the little boy crying wolf. Does anyone here honestly believe him anymore and why?

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Besides his loyal followers, including Sean "pee-pee tape" Hannity, and Fox News?

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Bubba1 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Besides his loyal followers, including Sean "pee-pee tape" Hannity, and Fox News?
We know Hannity and Fox are doing it for the money. Why do the "loyal followers" , though, insist on walking around with blinders on instead of seeking the truth?

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

srellim234 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Bubba1 wrote:
We know Hannity and Fox are doing it for the money. Why do the "loyal followers" , though, insist on walking around with blinders on instead of seeking the truth?
The so called loyal followers are slowly shrinking in number and many of them cannot admit they supported our s#ithole president.

Telcoman

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Nope. Much depends on which polls you read and who takes them, Howie. I suspect if you combine them all together and average them, his base will show low, but consistent. CNN/MSNBC gleefully over-report any minor downward tic, but that's not necessarily the trend. Bottom line is that his followers still don't care about the bad stuff he says or does, despite all the stuff you feel compelled to share. My feeling is until more of his followers experience a direct negative impact in their wallets, his support is not going to falloff to the extent that you're hoping. I'm sure several of those Indiana Carrier employees that got their pink slips after Trump's lies about personally saving their jobs might show voter remorse now, but that's a small number of people in the overall scheme of things.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

srellim234 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Bubba1 wrote:
Obama's followers went around with blinders on and he got reelected. Unless El Cheeto decides not to run again ( :rotfl ), he'll win reelection.

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

Right now I would say that the next election is actually the Democrats to lose and they may well succeed in losing it. If they come up with a charismatic moderate and unite around that person they'll win. If they put too many people in the primaries like the Republicans did in 2016 they'll lose because they will wind up with someone too far left to take the election. That person will only have a minority of loyalist support like Trump did. For Trump it was enough only because the Democrats put up probably the only candidate in America he could beat.

They will also have to motivate people to actually show up at the polls in percentages closer to what the Republicans typically achieve.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

srellim234 wrote:
Yes, indeed. Sad state of affairs. :cry:

Z

telcoman

After The State of the Union speech tonight.

Jimmy Kimmel gives p0rn star Stormy Daniels a chance to dish on Trump

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-s ... story.html

Telcoman

telcoman

srellim234 wrote:
In order to replace both parties a replacement party platform needs to be established.

Name ten platform items that would attract enough voters and a electoral vote count that a independent candidate could run on.

Telcoman

srellim234
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

No need for a list of specific platform items other than a platform that leans a little right of center fiscally and a little left of center or libertarian socially. Such platforms already exist with moderate third parties.

One specific item is any proposal must be accompanied by the description of how it will be paid for in a way that will not raise the deficit using legitimate accounting and estimate methods, not this charlatan accounting we're seeing from the Republicans. AND...any unaccounted for surplus must be used to pay down the deficit.

Not every party out there is left or right or extremist. The Modern Whig Party is an example. The two parties in power are doing everything they can to keep any alternative to them from gaining any traction. At this point in time it's going to take a ticket sporting moderates from both parties on it to gain attention.

telcoman

srellim234 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:00 am
No need for a list of specific platform items other than a platform that leans a little right of center fiscally and a little left of center or libertarian socially. Such platforms already exist with moderate third parties.

One specific item is any proposal must be accompanied by the description of how it will be paid for in a way that will not raise the deficit using legitimate accounting and estimate methods, not this charlatan accounting we're seeing from the Republicans. AND...any unaccounted for surplus must be used to pay down the deficit.

Not every party out there is left or right or extremist. The Modern Whig Party is an example. The two parties in power are doing everything they can to keep any alternative to them from gaining any traction. At this point in time it's going to take a ticket sporting moderates from both parties on it to gain attention.

So we elect Bernie Sanders to provide single payer healthcare for all.
Bernie Sanders to raise taxes on the super rich to reduce the national debt
Elizabeth Warren to confiscate the illegal drug money being laundered by some of the largest banks.
Jail some executives in the pharmaceutical companies ripping off Americans with their outrageously high drug prices.
Overturn the Citizens United decision that allows hidden money in political contributions.
Defeat our present crooked POTUS in bed with the Russians for their laundered money. (And he had the balls to assert that Hillary was crooked!)
No one runs for public office without providing at least 10 prior years of their tax returns

Just a few starters

Telcoman

Return to “Politics Etc.”