Transmission Noise

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Tiidbrah
Car: 09 Nissan Tiida ST 1.8

Hi there,

I have an 09 Tiida (Australia) with the 4 speed automatic transmission FWD and recently I have started to hear a squeal/squeak from the front left wheel. I recently serviced the transmission (new fluid, filter and lube guard to try and stop the noise). It has gotten a little better, not as loud anymore. Does anyone know what this could be? I'm thinking it may be the clutch pack band.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I don't believe a noise from a front wheel would have anything to do with the transmission. I'd be thinking more like wheel hub bearing issues if I heard a squealing/squeaking noise from the wheel.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Advice borrowed from the Rogue From:
POST VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR NOISES: If you ask a question regarding some noise, make sure to accompany your thread/post with a video- with an AUDIBLE sound clip. we are not mind readers, and don't know how you differentiate between taps/bings/tangs/rattles, etc. WE WILL LOVE TO READ ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES, AFTER YOU HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM! SOME PEOPLE FIND A STRANGE LOCATION, SOMETHING COULD ROLL INTO - SO FEEL FREE TO SHARE AFTER THE FACT!

Return to “Versa General Chat”